Author Topic: DMX to release 'Here We Go Again' under Sony  (Read 714 times)

$do11a biLL$

DMX to release 'Here We Go Again' under Sony
« on: January 13, 2006, 10:04:02 AM »
DMX, who was recently released from Rikers Island prison, is now signed with Sony Urban for a 3-album deal.
DMX is currently working on his next album, 'Here We Go Again,' due this summer.
The album was originally supposed to come out under Def Jam but according to DMX, he and Jay-Z couldn't work together, "We're both too big," he said.
Part of the production will be handled by Swizz Beatz and Dame Grease.
DMX, who wanted to retire and become a preacher in 2003, said Mase talked him out of retirement.
When asked about the current state of Hip-Hop, DMX answers "It's not rap, it's crap. There is no soul. I refuse to conform."

hiphopgame.com

'EclipZe

Re: DMX to release 'Here We Go Again' under Sony
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 10:20:10 AM »
Let's just hope he doesn't make crap.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 11:07:03 AM »

When asked about the current state of Hip-Hop, DMX answers "It's not rap, it's crap. There is no soul. I refuse to conform."

And this is why he will end his streak of 5 albums in a row to debut at number 1. I personally want X to return his 99-99 self. Lets see what he brings. He changed the game before.

J Bananas

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 11:09:25 AM »
I'm looking forward to this, hopefully we'll get another damien track, some old school darkman shit

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 11:16:36 AM »
If he can spit it like back in the day then I'll check it out. I'm hoping this won't be a anti-crack campaign on wax.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

macknlatin36

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 12:28:59 PM »
I'm looking forward to this, hopefully we'll get another damien track, some old school darkman shit

Thats what im saying Damien series was crazy minus #3

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 01:12:21 PM »
I was hoping i could hear a whole dmx album with no Swizz Beatz but it looks like that won't happen.
Now i can hope Jadakiss isn't on it.

J Bananas

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 02:17:38 PM »
I was hoping i could hear a whole dmx album with no Swizz Beatz but it looks like that won't happen.
Now i can hope Jadakiss isn't on it.

r u saying jada doesnt fit on his records?!?!? I always thought jada was one of the hottest guest appearance artists, he just couldnt hold down his own album.

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 02:31:55 PM »

And this is why he will end his streak of 5 albums in a row to debut at number 1. I personally want X to return his 99-99 self. Lets see what he brings. He changed the game before.

Co-Sign

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 03:58:23 PM »

hiphopgame.com

Thats the most coherent statement i've heard come out of his mouth in a while.  I'd love to see him put his money where his mouth is.

I remember seeing an interview with Lyor Cohen (formerly president of Def Jam) talking about the first time he met X.  He went down to Yonkers because he kept hearing about some dude that could rap his ass off.  Turns out when Lyor finally finds him, X had been in a fight and had his jaws wired shut.  Lyor told him to come down to the Def Jam office when his jaw wasn't wired.  Out of nowhere, X starts bustin.  Lyor says as X was flowin, he was getting more aggressive, and soon you could hear the wires and shit in X's mouth breaking apart.  The rest is history.  X needs to lay the pipe down and get back on track.

Eihtball

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2006, 04:53:46 PM »
I'd love to see him put his money where his mouth is.

Same here.  I've often thought DMX is overrated.  Cats have always been like, "DMX is the realest cause he don't talk about bling-bling, cars, selling crack, etc."  Problem I have with that is, you can still be repetitive and boring either way.  I liked "It's Dark And Hell Is Hot", but almost every album he's released since then has been the same shit over and over...the only exception is "The Great Depression", where he lost some of his energy and decided to rap about, well, being depressed, which meant that his shit wasn't as catchy as it had been before.  Small wonder the public responded accordingly.

At this point, I think DMX is pretty much a has-been - this next album (whenever it comes out) probably won't make a lot of noise.

J Bananas

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2006, 04:58:51 PM »
I'd love to see him put his money where his mouth is.

Same here.  I've often thought DMX is overrated.  Cats have always been like, "DMX is the realest cause he don't talk about bling-bling, cars, selling crack, etc."  Problem I have with that is, you can still be repetitive and boring either way.  I liked "It's Dark And Hell Is Hot", but almost every album he's released since then has been the same shit over and over...the only exception is "The Great Depression", where he lost some of his energy and decided to rap about, well, being depressed, which meant that his shit wasn't as catchy as it had been before.  Small wonder the public responded accordingly.

At this point, I think DMX is pretty much a has-been - this next album (whenever it comes out) probably won't make a lot of noise.

true, but it's been a while since i had my dmx fix so even if it is the same formula as all his other shit it'll prolly be refreshing somewhat

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2006, 04:51:47 AM »

hiphopgame.com

Thats the most coherent statement i've heard come out of his mouth in a while.  I'd love to see him put his money where his mouth is.

Same here.

I remember seeing an interview with Lyor Cohen (formerly president of Def Jam) talking about the first time he met X.  He went down to Yonkers because he kept hearing about some dude that could rap his ass off.  Turns out when Lyor finally finds him, X had been in a fight and had his jaws wired shut.  Lyor told him to come down to the Def Jam office when his jaw wasn't wired.  Out of nowhere, X starts bustin.  Lyor says as X was flowin, he was getting more aggressive, and soon you could hear the wires and shit in X's mouth breaking apart.  The rest is history.  X needs to lay the pipe down and get back on track.

Damn that's on some "Run, Forrest! Run!" -type of shit.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2006, 08:59:35 AM »
I've got all 5 X albums and it seems like everytime he drops a new album i just happen to be fiending for some new material. I wasn't really impressed with his last outing "Grand Champ" but i did enjoy "The Great Depression" and i loved "It's Dark..." so i definately look foward to this next album dropping, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2006, 01:44:01 PM »
i liked all his albums but woznt too hot on grand champ seemed to be not as gritty as his other albums
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program