Author Topic: Edge is the new WWE Champion  (Read 780 times)

Trauma-san

Re: Edge is the new WWE Champion
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2006, 03:04:53 PM »
^ You're being irrational.  First, of course HHH said he's going to win.  I understand what you're saying, but his entire character is and has always been very arrogant.  Every wrestler says they're going to win. 

Second, of course Vince is going to let HHH have the belt whenever he wants it.  He's his son.  They're probably very close.  That's just how it's going to be.

Third, HHH has actually been away from the belt and the spotlight a very long time.  He's jobbed to several wrestlers since then, which is rare for him.  He's jobbed more since marrying Steph than he did before that.  Just a couple weeks ago he jobbed to Ric Flair, didn't he?  And before that to Batista several times, and he gets punked on television all the time by Flair or the Big Show.  I think HHH is running pretty good angles right now, he's got some decent feuds going.  Given his status with the company, it's just a foregone conclusion though that he's going to be champ frequently, I think he's done a good job of staying away from the belt, myself.

The WWE has done a great job of pushing the younger guys in the last few years, as well.  Cena came out of nowhere to be champ.  Edge was elevated to main event status, and given the belt.  Batista came out of nowhere to be champ.  Before him Lesnar was champ (a few years ago).  Guerrero was champ (although he wasn't young of course).  They've done an excellent job of spreading the title around, and also letting guys like Batista and Cena keep the belts for several months to help build the credibility of the belt back up.  AS A MATTER OF FACT, HHH lost the belt more often than these new guys have!  Batista has had the belt for several several months, and HHH had spells where he did as well, but there was also a period about two years ago when HHH traded the belt back and forth with Hogan and Michaels if I remember correctly. 

I think they're doing a pretty good job, actually. 

acbaylove

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2006, 05:17:15 PM »
HHH is the only guy i enjoy watching in todays wrestling..

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2006, 05:57:47 PM »
My humble opinion, HHH and Kurt Angle are the only two guys right now worth holding a World Title. I would love to see Angle hold his title for over a year, and HHH win the title are Wrestlemania, and hold that title until Wrestlemania 23, when they face each other in a unification match, to see who is truly the greatest wrestler of this generation. It'd be the new Flair/Steamboat, if Michaels ever fought Sting, it'd be the biggest stage for the two best WRESTLERS in WWE today. Vince would be wise to have that match, hold the title on each to build how strong each person is, and let them go on the biggest stage to see who is the best.

As for Edge winning the title, I think it's good. I think he deserves it, and his wrestling career backs that up. It's a matter of having the image of a champion. He reminds me of HHH when he won it in 1999. No one thought he was a good champ, hell, they reunited D-X as hells because he needed to have back up to be seen as at least a coward cheating champ. Then the marriage angle, and HHH hit gold. Edge is in a better position, and he can actually have people cheering FOR Cena. His a good heel, and should keep the title until Wrestlemania when HHH takes it, or if HHH wants to wait to become champ, I'm fine with that.

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2006, 06:46:07 PM »
ever since the first time  HHH won the championship ive always thought he was great he was even my favorite wrestler for a while but now his gimmick is getting way to old and boring

Sikotic™

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2006, 11:33:25 PM »
Before his serious leg injury, HHH was almost on the same level as Angle.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

westkoastanostra

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2006, 01:19:10 AM »
WWE should give the belt to Angle.....he deserve's it.....when was the last time dude had held the championship belt? 2003....wtf!?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2006, 04:48:02 AM »

almost... but Angle is too far above anyone at any time really. Still, Angle/HHH Wrestlemania 23, unification title match... I am DEMANDING it. E-mail WWE and DEMAND it.

Trauma-san

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2006, 05:36:19 AM »
I agree with you guys that Angle is head and shoulders above anyone else.  Of course he is, he won a gold medal for amateur competition, if you can even consider that amateur.  I mean that guy is the real fucking deal.  Not only does winning a gold medal in wrestling show that he's a great amateur wrestler, it also shows that he has the ABILITY to be great at what he does.  Here's an olympic gold medalist who has chosen to be a professional wrestler.  Professional wrestling is different than amateur wrestling, yes, but it is also similar in a lot of ways... and he's already proven that he has the ability to be the best, in the world, at what he does.  I think, ultimately, he's carried that ability over into professional wrestling and is probably the greatest competitor in the world today. 

I think what people forget about HHH is that it's not all about ring ability.  A certain amount of every wrestler's attraction to the company is their work ethic, or how they are backstage, or whatever.  Not only is HHH part of the family, but he has for years been consumed with the wrestling lifestyle, he doesn't even own a house because when he was injured he travelled with the company anyways.  There wasn't a time when HHH was sitting at home rehabbing his injuries.  He was just in the backroom doing it.  This guy is such a great employee, when he gets hurt and doesn't have the ability to wrestle, HE SHOWS UP ANYWAYS.  All he has is wrestling, it's fit that he married the boss's daughter.  There was nobody else he would have, it had to be that way.  I'm not one to say who is or isn't in love either, so I don't hold anything against him at all for marrying Steph.   

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2006, 02:43:53 PM »
As I said... ANGLE VS. HHH!!!

I am not kidding, they are the best in the business. They can run an angle of these two, have a unification match, and they can build it up as the two best of our generation. HHH is great in ring, he performs old school moves that only hardcore fans would know. Angle has the freestyle/Greeco style down, and both are bad asses who perform hurt, and give their best every night... WE DEMAND HHH VS. ANGLE!!!

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2006, 10:23:44 PM »

almost... but Angle is too far above anyone at any time really. Still, Angle/HHH Wrestlemania 23, unification title match... I am DEMANDING it. E-mail WWE and DEMAND it.

There are no guarantees Angle will be around by WrestleMania 23 cause no one knows when all of the injuries will catch up with him. Most ly people are concerned about his neck still.

Trauma-san

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2006, 09:10:03 PM »
Angle's in excellent shape.  The injuries will not catch up with him unless he receives some friek accident between then.  He released a press statement about that a while ago, as a matter of fact.  He said that he was in tip-top shape, some of the best of his career, and although he sometimes has minor injuries he works through, that he would never do anything to endanger his health or his life. 

The reason people talk shit about Angle's neck is because he was intelligent enough to have it repaired with a minimal procedure that was basically non destructive.  Everyone else (with the exception of Scott Hall) has neck fusion surgery, like Benoit has had, and Austin, Lita, etc.  ...  Angle injured his neck, and Scott Hall (who had recently been fired from the WWE) told Austin about a doctor who did a newer procedure basically trimming bone spurs off of your neck vertebre.  Hall had the procedure done years earlier, and it not only cured his problem, but left his vertebre intact, which is what Kurt wanted so he could retain his full range of neck movement.  Angle checked out the surgery, found it to be competant and decided to go for it.  2 weeks later he was back wrestling.  He wrestles today with no serious neck injury, and Benoit with a fused neck is probably at greater risk than Angle since the fused portion of his neck leaves the other vertebre more succeptible to damage.  Of course, easier than finding out the truth, is just believing "yeah, he's got a bad neck!". 

Sikotic™

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2006, 12:24:44 AM »
That's an amazing surgery. I was expecting Angle to be gone for the whole year. I thought this new surgery was a bunch of bullshit, but hey, he's fine.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE