Author Topic: Mobb Deep : Some more info on the LP, talking about Nas and Game...  (Read 965 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Mobb Deep's LP is a Mobb LP, meaning that all the people who feared that the group was going to drastically switch up its style because it signed to G-Unit can stop worrying. Havoc and Prodigy are giving you the vintage talk over some ill production. There's a record called "Pearly Gates" with 50 Cent that's both dope and controversial, with the three MCs talking about going to heaven. And P is spitting as hard as he was in the Hell on Earth and H.N.I.C. days on one song that has him rhyming about his name. Lunacy!
The Mobb say they have a mixtape coming out soon, and if you've been listening to the underground circuit, you know there's been some jabs both blatant and subliminal being thrown by the Mobb and at the Mobb. We went through the laundry list and asked them about each one.

On the possibility of being involved in 50 Cent's beefs:

Prodigy: "We don't give a f---. We do us, Mobb Deep. We don't care about nobody else really."

Havoc: "We're here to make that music. If people want to hate and involve us, it's whatever. But at the end of the day, we're here to make that music."

On being called out by the Game:

Havoc: "I never worked with Game. I gave Game a track. I don't know nothing about him other than what I see him doing with all the off-the-wall remarks. He don't know me. Everything coming out of his mouth talking about me is false. He never met me a day in his life."

On their one-time good friend and collaborator, Nas:

Prodigy: "Basically, like I said, we don't give a f--- about nobody else. What happened in the past is the past."

Havoc: "We don't have no communication."

On stirring things back up with Jay-Z:

Prodigy: "I take my shots and, whatever, [Jay] takes his shots. What is he gonna do?"

Havoc: "Basically we're here to do this music. Rap is competition. Hopefully it's all done tastefully. And we're here to make good records at the end of the day. When you hear that album, that's all you're gonna think about." ...

more at MTV.com
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 07:28:20 AM by Detox is coming... »

ABN

Re: Mobb Deep : Some more info on the LP, dissing Nas and Game...
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 06:40:33 AM »
P needs to stop dissing Nas coz he´s gonna be in for a rude awakening when Nas rips him 2000 new assholes.

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 06:41:47 AM »
i hope they diss jay nas and game cus then they gon get fucked up!

seems like 50 turns legends into bitches
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 06:48:41 AM »
Huh???How are they dissing Nas & Game???

ABN

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 06:56:51 AM »
they aint really dissing them in this article, i was just speaking generally coz P been sayin some dumb shit about Nas lately.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 07:02:27 AM »
they aint really dissing them in this article, i was just speaking generally coz P been sayin some dumb shit about Nas lately.
Nah, I was talking about the title of this thread.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 07:27:24 AM »
Nah, I was talking about the title of this thread.

Yeah,I just copy and past the article.Ill change it.

'EclipZe

Re: Mobb Deep : Some more info on the LP, talking about Nas and Game...
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 08:21:06 AM »
P used 2 be cool with game wasn't he ? btw fuck em if they turn into bitches like this, i like their music but they should stfu about NAS he rips them to pieces

ABN

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 08:23:55 AM »
P used 2 be cool with game wasn't he ? btw fuck em if they turn into bitches like this, i like their music but they should stfu about NAS he rips them to pieces
well P´s on the SNSL dvd so i´m guessing that he used to be cool with Game.

Eihtball

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2006, 08:26:58 AM »
Is Mobb Deep really coming out with this new album in March?  That's what I've been hearing, but I have a lot of trouble believing it.  I ain't gonna believe it till I see it.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 08:40:20 AM by Eihtball »

ABN

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 08:42:50 AM »
^all albums seems to get pushed back these days and Olivia haven´t dropped yet and her shit was supposed to drop 6 months ago. these days it´s impossible to predict when something´s gonna drop.

Eihtball

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2006, 09:15:33 AM »
^all albums seems to get pushed back these days and Olivia haven´t dropped yet and her shit was supposed to drop 6 months ago. these days it´s impossible to predict when something´s gonna drop.

Well, there is one difference: Olivia had two singles out that completely failed to blow up.  Mobb Deep has already had one hit with the "Outta Control" remix (even if that was also 50's song), so maybe 50's prioritizing them 'cause they seem most profitable right now compared to anyone else signed to the label.

But yeah, I think you're probably right that Mobb Deep's album is going to get pushed back.  G-Unit hasn't even started the publicity campaign for the album or released new singles (unless "Have A Party" is supposed to be the first), so it doesn't make sense to me that they'd be ready to put out a new album in only 2 months.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2006, 10:19:04 AM »
Looking forward to this album,hopefully it wont have too much of a G Unit influence on it though.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2006, 03:13:46 PM »
P needs to stop dissing Nas coz he´s gonna be in for a rude awakening when Nas rips him 2000 new assholes.
NO MORE WAR

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2006, 06:39:34 PM »
on some real shit can yall take nas dicc out yall fucc'n asses networth,ain't nobody in hip hop with the exception of kool herc dj hollywood,bambatta etc are aboved being dissed,do yall forget nas took shots when he didn't have to on destroy and rebuild? now it's don't mess with nas? yall heard one fucc'n ether and made this guy out to be the diss champion hahahaha how lame is that,i fuccs with all these cats music cause they nice but that nas skullin got to stop yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp