1 (2.6%)
Something  That Sounds like 2001
6 (15.4%)
Something with the old West Coast sounds
0 (0%)
Something With a New sounds
30 (76.9%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: What's Your expectations for Detox?  (Read 779 times)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: What's Your expectations for Detox?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2006, 02:14:08 PM »
Wont live up to expectations. It will probably be a decent record but I have a feeling a lot of people are going to be disappointed.

Maxin in the Shade

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2006, 02:21:17 PM »
i hope its a revolutionary sound

i agree
id be disappointed if he came out with something that sounds current
i doubt he will though........................hes about setting trends, not imitating them.

that being said, i hope he comes out with something from completely left field. thats still West Coast, but with a futuristic vibe about it.
but obviously its all speculation. who knows what he'll release and how it'll sound

for now, id be happy with just a 30 second snippet from one of the tracks. i dont think thats too much to ask for us patient fans
Always talkin bout the cash he got, the little pesos for shows
And God knows his materialistic raps and wack flows
are like Stay Free pads, fake V.I.P. rappers get garbage disposed
Unrecouped for his flamboyance and reflection
He's leasin rentin and frontin
- Kool Keith 'Haters'

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2006, 02:26:34 PM »
I think some cats will go crazy when it comes out. Think about it, everyone's been waiting for this to drop since 2001, 2002. If you've followed Dre's career closely like most of us on the forum have, it's going to be a big event when this shit finally gets released. To be real, as long as it's dope, I'm satisfied.

When it comes down to it, I just hope for innovative beats that bang, and at least one cut with Snoop.

Maniac Marxxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • London in this bitch!!!!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2006, 02:28:17 PM »
I hope its 10x better than 2001

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2006, 01:29:13 AM »
i hope its a revolutionary sound

i agree
id be disappointed if he came out with something that sounds current
i doubt he will though........................hes about setting trends, not imitating them.

that being said, i hope he comes out with something from completely left field. thats still West Coast, but with a futuristic vibe about it.
but obviously its all speculation. who knows what he'll release and how it'll sound

for now, id be happy with just a 30 second snippet from one of the tracks. i dont think thats too much to ask for us patient fans
Same here.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2006, 02:00:44 AM »
I don't think he will put 50, eve or busta ora game on Detox , I mean not only them. Just think about people who were on 2001: xzibit was there, em was there, kurupt was there but also rappers as  six2, hittman, ms roq, knac-turn'al or time bomb that were not famous.

id expect if your on the aftermath roster that your prob going to be on detox, id only expect a verse hear or there though.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2006, 08:43:23 AM »
i just hope it dont be generic, thats what made 2001 amazing, specially the first half, it was all classic james, no made hooks or anything, everything just sounded new and on point.....hittman killed the joint before xxplosiv still, cant remember the name now, but that joint was fire, actually the whole album was......i just hope it aint on some outta control\higher sound, cuz that to me is not a step above 2001

peace

Tha_shiznit

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2006, 09:07:25 AM »
I have a song that claims to be from Detox.
It's called Monay. It's pretty good IMO.
There are hundreds of claimees on Limewire. I'll buy the album when it comes out but i like to try before i buy. That said i haven't got limewire myslef, this is just off my friend.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2006, 09:13:10 AM »
im expecting to be suprized, and theres more than enough music for me to listen to for now, and not worry myself with some silly little cd, but wen it comes out, ill def cop it, and i expect it to be quality.

ABN

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2006, 09:14:12 AM »
i´m expecting nothing but a classic and i´m 95% sure that Dre´ll deliever. i´m just happy that some mofos are doubting him coz that´s when he does his best music(a lot of people doubted him before The Chronic and 2001). and Dre gonna go out with a bang coz he got the best beats in the world and he gonna have some of the best songs writes in the world writing for him so i don´t have anything to worry about. and i´m hoping that he´ll come with some completely left field shit that doesn´t sound west coast but that´ll set the standard for WC music for many years to come coz the current WC sound is so fucking boring.