Author Topic: New Bishop Lamont Interview: Talks Aftermath, His Album, DETOX & More!  (Read 1367 times)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: New Bishop Lamont Interview: Talks Aftermath, His Album, DETOX & More!
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2006, 01:56:17 AM »
Good read, thanks for this.

wcsoldier

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2006, 02:02:57 AM »
The production is done for the most part (aside from additions to the beats and choruses) now they're working on vocals.
Good thanks for that , I Guess first part of my comments was irrelevant (as usual  ::) ;D)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: wcsoldier on Yesterday at 09:04:27 PM
It's official , wait another year for Detox   , good read though I like Bishop, seems a humble dude. About his album, will be release probably in 2009  

More seriously, the process would be :

- January-August ; vocals
- September, October : last work on the beat and mixing
Nov- DEC : Release

The last part is the most uncertain (Wassup Iinterscope)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2006, 02:05:41 AM »
nice interview

Matty

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2006, 02:13:16 AM »
Unless some other projects get shelved this year i dont see how many so many Aftermath releases are gonna see the light of day in 06 (busta, stat, eve, game). It would be their most prolific year ever in terms of releases and with Busta already delayed and probably getting delayed some more i dont see how its gonna happen. Game is never gonna get a second LP out till atleast mid 07 and it will be a miracle if Detox is out within the year. I just hope it is.

wcsoldier

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2006, 02:32:15 AM »
Unless some other projects get shelved this year i dont see how many so many Aftermath releases are gonna see the light of day in 06 (busta, stat, eve, game). It would be their most prolific year ever in terms of releases and with Busta already delayed and probably getting delayed some more i dont see how its gonna happen. Game is never gonna get a second LP out till atleast mid 07 and it will be a miracle if Detox is out within the year. I just hope it is.
Co sign, same thing happened last year, I mean Interscope and the Math have a SERIOUS PB when it comes to release dates (worst label with Def Jam). When you're signed on the Math, it takes near three years to release an album (unless you 're name Em or 5o and sure to takeover sales wise) if you're not dropped. In fact there are more artists which were dropped than these who released an album. We still talk about the Math but only mcs who dropped albums are : DRE, EM,5O, and Game since 1996 ! (with the Firm project). Iovine doesn't take risks and DRE can't make the music he wants, that's why I've lost some respect for Dre. Of course money wise, marketing and distribution wise , Interscope is powerful and make things easier but Dre is enough rich to do his own things  8)

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2006, 04:13:03 AM »
B Lameezy.......................  ;D

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2006, 04:25:27 AM »
OMG! OMG! DETOX! DETOX! OH MY FUCKING GOD!

:bomb:

Eihtball

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2006, 08:46:33 AM »

Well, Busta, Stat, and Eve's albums are all done, so I'm not too worried about that.  But yeah, they'd probably need to have a 2-month gap between albums at a minimum to prevent them from interfering with each other's sales (as Interscope did when they pushed Game's album back so that it wouldn't take away from Eminem's sales).  As far as Game's new album, tho, I never believed him when he said it was coming out in '06 in the first place...I'm pretty sure "Detox" would get prioritized over that.  And Bishop Lamont - for all we know, Dre's going to do the same thing to him that he did to Hittman (not that I think Bishop deserves it - he's way more talented than Hittman ever was - but I have a feeling that's what will happen).

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2006, 09:12:28 AM »
The problem with things getting pushed back is that Interscope distributes Aftermath, Shady AND G-Unit albums. Therefore they spread the releases to maximize sales starting with those garanteed to make cake. Another reason besides release dates, is that Jimmy Iovine decides the final single (he has control over deciding the lead singles and release dates for all A/S/G releases EXCEPT DETOX). An album can be finished yet Jimmy well send an artist back to the booth a thousand times 'till he feels he's got a pop-single for sales.

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2006, 05:16:27 AM »
UPCOMING AFTERMATH SHADY G-UNIT RELEASES

BUSTA RHYMES "THE BIG BANG" (Aftermath)
STAT QUO "STATLANTA" (Aftermath / Shady)
DR. DRE "DETOX" (Aftermath)
OLIVIA "BEHIND CLOSED DOORS" (G-Unit)
OBIE TRICE "2ND ROUNDS ON ME" (Shady)
MOBB DEEP "BLOOD MONEY" (G-Unit)

mauzip

« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2006, 05:28:24 AM »
UPCOMING AFTERMATH SHADY G-UNIT RELEASES in 2006

BUSTA RHYMES "THE BIG BANG" (Aftermath)
STAT QUO "STATLANTA" (Aftermath / Shady)
DR. DRE "DETOX" (Aftermath)
OLIVIA "BEHIND CLOSED DOORS" (G-Unit)
OBIE TRICE "2ND ROUNDS ON ME" (Shady)

Certified

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Still Waiting...
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2006, 09:36:10 AM »
nice read

Eihtball

« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2006, 11:28:13 AM »

I'm still really skeptical this is gonna be out anytime soon.  It certainly makes more sense for this album to come ahead before M.O.P.'s, Spider Loc's, or Mase's albums (since the Mobb are probably the most popular and marketable of the new G-Unit signees), but I can't imagine it coming out anytime soon - sure as hell not in March like P has been saying.

wcsoldier

« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2006, 12:05:48 PM »

I'm still really skeptical this is gonna be out anytime soon.  It certainly makes more sense for this album to come ahead before M.O.P.'s, Spider Loc's, or Mase's albums (since the Mobb are probably the most popular and marketable of the new G-Unit signees), but I can't imagine it coming out anytime soon - sure as hell not in March like P has been saying.
yep you right. To be honest outside Busta, Mobb Deep and Dre I don't see other releases ( Olivia won't drop, Stat dropped or pushed back to 07, Obie far from a priority...) I mean A/S/G are the labels in which an artist have the more chances to blow up, but currently sign on these labels is a bad move