Author Topic: Is there any one in here who thinks Documentary was better than Restless  (Read 2034 times)

dexter

Re: Is there any one in here who thinks Documentary was better than Restless
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2006, 06:39:21 AM »
I honestly can't believe you skip all those tracks. I suppose you give them a second chance.
Front to back was knocking.
You guys are Crazy  :'(

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2006, 08:37:29 AM »
cant beleive anyone can hate on front to back, shits crazy! but as a album, documentary is overall the better album, but on the mic, what game spit cant be compared to xzibit, xzibit was comin with previous album already made and game was still new.....xzibit was on a another level compared to game....but to me, restless is a 4 mic cd......got played out quick imo...i remember last meal and this came out at similar times and at first i was bumpin restless all the time and only a few james off lat meal but then with time i realised the last meal was a better album than this......and i think documentary is better also......but i aint hatin on restless, that album is crazy to bump to still, just IN MY OPINION documentary is better.........

pz

'EclipZe

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2006, 09:15:19 AM »
them are both dope albums, restless boosted up my taste for westcoast music.. but as an overal album, doc takes it... I can listen to that album without skippin songs  ::) it's a close race though

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2006, 10:50:47 AM »
you know what.. its a close call.. but doc takes it..

restless had more weak tracks... and i skip more tracks on it..

i have it in the car right now and i always skip to 4 (U Know) then 11 (rimz &tires) then 14 (get your walk on) i've never been able to stand the kenny parker show or DNA.. and never been keen on Double time.

with games.. i'll skip Higher (coz i played it out before the album dropped) and maybe Don't Need Your Love

if i'm in the skipping mood.. Dreams, Put You On The Game  and Like Father, Like Son (IMO best on there) are definites.. but i normally play it through...

I thought I'd never see the day, but 'Seer, you crazy.

Just playin' man, but for real, you skip those tracks? Shit, I never skip those... Matter of fact, I don't skip anything on either album.

And to give my 2 cents on the original question, which album is better... Tough call. I'mma give Restless the edge on this one for its West Coast-ness.

Don Seer

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2006, 10:55:13 AM »
^ sure ya not confusing what a i skip TO.. with over ;)

J Bananas

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2006, 11:05:58 AM »
restless had more weak tracks... and i skip more tracks on it..

its not as listenable as documentary..

tracks I skip on restless
1.   Intro / Restless - (featuring X)
2.   Front 2 Back
3.   Been A Long Time - (featuring Nate Dogg)
6.   Alkaholik - (featuring Erick Sermon/J-Ro/Tash)
7.   Kenny Parker Show 2001 - (featuring KRS-One)
8.   D.N.A. (Drugs N Alkahol) - (featuring Snoop Dogg)
11.   Rimz & Tirez - (featuring Defari/Goldie Loc/Kokane)
12.   Fuckin' You Right
15.   Sorry I'm Away So Much - (featuring Suga Free/DJ Quik)
16.   Loud & Clear - (featuring Butch Cassidy/Defari/King T)

tracks I skip on the documentary
4.   Hate It Or Love It - (with 50 Cent)
12.   Runnin' - (with Tony Yayo) [thanks to Yayo]
14.   We Ain't - (with Eminem)
15.   Where I'm From - (with Nate Dogg)
18.   Like Father, Like Son - (with Busta Rhymes)

the documentary wins

DAMN DOG U SKIP ALL THAT ON RESTLESS? EVEN ALKAHOLIC? R U SURE U A WESTCOAST FAN?

IzUwitIt

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2006, 11:06:13 AM »
Double Time is the worst track on Restless hands down.

Production On Restless was flawless, except the Erick Sermon track i mentioned. How can Documentary [with G-Unit features] compare 2 a WestCoast classick that had production from Soopafly, Battlecat, Dre, Mel-Man, Quik, RicRoc, collabos wit Kokane, Dre, Snoop, Defari, King T, Goldie Loc, Quik, Suga Free, Tha Liks, Nate, Butch, etc.??

some peoples opinions crazy

Elevz

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2006, 11:08:28 AM »
Not a single track on Restless I would ever think of skipping... Years after it's been released, I still love that shit. On the other hand, The Documentary, got soooooo old... Xzibit killed Game on replay value, iMO.

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2006, 11:34:55 AM »
Both are real dope albums, but I give the edge to The Documentary. The production is more polished up and the quality of the tracks themselves are above Restless. Documentary had one or two filler tracks, Restless had about 3-4.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2006, 12:32:04 PM »
i prefer Restless over Documentary... but they're both very solid albums...

that being said, Restless aint SHIT compared to his first album... i like it better than 40 Dayz.. tho, cause the production is better.
well the production on Restless was way better then on his first 2 albums. but on Restless X became everything he had basically shitted on other people for being and i think that turned away a lot of his orignial fans. how you go from Paparrazzi to bragging about this and that? but lyrically X came harder on his first 2 albums but the production was a little too stripped down and simple IMO.

Production on ATSOL was much better than on Restless, it was some straight Likwit shit. 40 Dayz and 40 Nightz probably has the worst production of these three albums, just because it was an akward halfway house between the two styles of production used on his 1st and 3rd albums.

sniperuk

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Young'Un
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2006, 12:43:49 PM »
Not a single track on Restless I would ever think of skipping... Years after it's been released, I still love that shit. On the other hand, The Documentary, got soooooo old... Xzibit killed Game on replay value, iMO.
yeh, i cant even believe that ppl are actually serious with some of these opinions, guess it shows 2 conflicting hip hop generations.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2006, 12:47:19 PM »
Restless was better than The Documentary but the production on both albums are rated the same in my opinion.

Not even close in my book. Restless is superior in every way.

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2006, 12:53:55 PM »
Yall crazy if you think games shit was better than restless....that lp.was classic.x came hard every time....rimz and tirez is my fav.cut.
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2006, 01:02:52 PM »
Tracks I skip on Restless - none. tracks I skip on documentary, yea right I don't listen to that bullshit. I'll listen to dipset before I listen to that.

SGV

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2006, 07:13:51 PM »
Sorry... But Restless was NOT an Xzibit LP. That was some Dr. Dre shit. His input did NOT help X, at all. X will never be the emcee he was on his first two records, though he tried real hard on his last album (which is MUCH better than Restless).

I think it's changed a little, but here's my current rankings on Xzibit albums:

40 Dayz...
At The Speed...
Weapons of Mass Destruction
Man Vs. Machine
Restless