Author Topic: Is there any one in here who thinks Documentary was better than Restless  (Read 2040 times)

Paul

Re: Is there any one in here who thinks Documentary was better than Restless
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2006, 02:51:23 PM »
restless had more weak tracks... and i skip more tracks on it..

its not as listenable as documentary..

tracks I skip on restless
1.   Intro / Restless - (featuring X)
2.   Front 2 Back
3.   Been A Long Time - (featuring Nate Dogg)
6.   Alkaholik - (featuring Erick Sermon/J-Ro/Tash)
7.   Kenny Parker Show 2001 - (featuring KRS-One)
8.   D.N.A. (Drugs N Alkahol) - (featuring Snoop Dogg)
11.   Rimz & Tirez - (featuring Defari/Goldie Loc/Kokane)
12.   Fuckin' You Right
15.   Sorry I'm Away So Much - (featuring Suga Free/DJ Quik)
16.   Loud & Clear - (featuring Butch Cassidy/Defari/King T)

tracks I skip on the documentary
4.   Hate It Or Love It - (with 50 Cent)
12.   Runnin' - (with Tony Yayo) [thanks to Yayo]
14.   We Ain't - (with Eminem)
15.   Where I'm From - (with Nate Dogg)
18.   Like Father, Like Son - (with Busta Rhymes)

the documentary wins

what a shitty ass taste in music

u skip front to back? sorry im away so much? alkaholic?

^^^ not jus those three songs but them all, rimz and tirez, been a long time, <<<<class DNA<<<<<bangin

fair enuff fuckin you right can get annoyin
funkyfreshintheflesh

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2006, 03:04:45 PM »
You definetly can't say "Double Time" and "Kenny Parker Show 2001" are bad tracks compared to all of the shit music thats out today. These days I could listen to "Restless" all the way through and since i bought "The Documentary" i think i've only listened to it all the way through twice altogether. The other times i've listened to it i skip through songs like "Hate It Or Love It", "Don't Need Your Love", "Put You On The Game", "The Documentary", "Runnin", "No More Fun And Games", "Special", and "Dpn't Worry". Thats 8 tracks and even if those were excluded from the album Restless would still be better.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2006, 03:23:08 PM »
Restless had 3 bad songs, Drugz and alkahal, the Kenny Parker Show and Double Time. Get Your Walk On is ehh. The rest of the album knocks.

The Documentary got boring for me quick. The only songs I got into was Westside Story, Higher, Put You in the Game, Start From Scratch and Where I'm From. The rest of the album was boring to me.

Front to Back is wack?  :o Wow. That song is fuckin bananas. Restless is not Xzibit's best album (40 days and 40 nights is his best album) but it knocks from beginning to end, save those 3 songs. Loud and Clear is wack? Sorry I'm Away so Much is wack? Wow. I think the people who didn't like Restless are backpacker types who don't understand the west coast sound. Another thing I don't understand is people that say Xzibit watered down his flow and started getting commercial. Xzibit ripped that whole album. He tore apart tracks like Front 2 Back and Don't Approach Me. I didn't hear this watered down Xzibit that others heard.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Paul

« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2006, 03:27:56 PM »
Get Your Walk On is ehh.

that is a west coast anthem and  8)
funkyfreshintheflesh

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2006, 03:34:13 PM »
Get Your Walk On is ehh.

The song sounds like a video game, specifically Sonic the Hedgehog on the Sega Genesis, the level where he's in outer space and they have some weird disco like computer music playing. I like Fredwreck's remix a lot more.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Paul

« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2006, 03:36:08 PM »
Get Your Walk On is ehh.

The song sounds like a video game, specifically Sonic the Hedgehog on the Sega Genesis, the level where he's in outer space and they have some weird disco like computer music playing. I like Fredwreck's remix a lot more.

fredwrecks remix is great aswell but theres sumfin bout the original tht puts a chill down my spine(ano thats kinda gay)
funkyfreshintheflesh

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2006, 06:32:18 PM »
Get Your Walk On is ehh.

the fact that that song didnt blow up still puzzles me. especially since c-walkin was big around that time
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2006, 08:15:47 PM »
Get Your Walk On is ehh.

Cot damn.....I thought I was really the ONLY person who thought the same exact thing. I used to always ask people, "doesn't Get ya walk on sound just like a track from Sonic 2???" and nobody would agree. I gotta go find that game just to see how much it sounds like it for real.

SGV

« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2006, 08:26:22 PM »

Front to Back is wack?  :o Wow. That song is fuckin bananas. Restless is not Xzibit's best album (40 days and 40 nights is his best album) but it knocks from beginning to end, save those 3 songs. Loud and Clear is wack? Sorry I'm Away so Much is wack? Wow. I think the people who didn't like Restless are backpacker types who don't understand the west coast sound. Another thing I don't understand is people that say Xzibit watered down his flow and started getting commercial. Xzibit ripped that whole album. He tore apart tracks like Front 2 Back and Don't Approach Me. I didn't hear this watered down Xzibit that others heard.

Backpacker types? lol. Doesn't understand the West Coast sound? LMAO. You couldn't be anymore wrong with those assumptions. X was watered down, ask Defari, J-Ro... etc.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2006, 08:57:29 PM »
both albums are on the same level .....and that says everything about the documentarey because restless wasnt even Xzibits best work
both albums are solid 4mic releases in my opinion......i loved them when they came out but stopped listening to most of the tracks after some weeks...shit..i even hear like  man vs machine more than both albums at the moment
and i agree with dudes opinion about rockwilders beats....they allways sounds the same

favourite tracks

restless

X
u know
D.N.A
best of things
Sorry I'm Away So Much
Loud & Clear

documentary

dreams
hate it or love it
how we do
dont need your love
start from scratch
like father , like son

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2006, 09:46:55 PM »
lmao @ people liking "Sorry Im Away So Much". get off dj quik's dick man, that beat is ASS
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

eNgIeS

« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2006, 04:27:06 AM »
Restless was one of the bigger dissapointments ive ever heard. I was an X fan & after Bitch Please & his shit on 2001 i expected alot, instead we got an album which is very good, just not the classics he originally had back in the day

Documentary was a superior record sure u got not as much westcoast sound but that dont mean it wasnt a better listen

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2006, 06:01:04 AM »
Im a massive Xzibit fan and consider "at the speed of life" and "40D and 40N" as classics and some of the best ever to drop in the west.

But Restless and everything after are average in everyway.

Xzibit flowed better and suited the beats on the first 2 albums 10x more than the beats on Restless and lyrically he was ass on restless.

Paul

« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2006, 06:25:43 AM »
lmao @ people liking "Sorry Im Away So Much". get off dj quik's dick man, that beat is ASS

im not dj quiks dick but tht song amazin, the beat is not ass its a smooth beat tht fits the song well
funkyfreshintheflesh

sniperuk

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Young'Un
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2006, 07:56:02 AM »
so nobody liked drugs n alkahol ?? that was fire. bump that in the ride  ;)