Author Topic: WOW Steelers win a nail biter!  (Read 1251 times)

thatboi

• 'G'
Re: WOW Steelers win a nail biter!
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2006, 01:22:33 AM »
I still don't think they'll take it but if they do Jerome Bettis will probably finally get one while Bill Cowher can wipe off that Ice Grill he got on his face.
looking for mc's for The Resistance group svh398@hotmail.com get at me.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2006, 07:01:26 AM »
but i tell you this i would rather have mcmahon or even  trent differ in a big game over marino

That right there says it all. Trent Dilfer over Marino? Put Trent Dilfer on a weaponless Miami and let's see how many wins they get all season.

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2006, 10:50:46 PM »
What the fuck did Peyton do to choke?  If it wasnt for Peyton, the Colts wouldnt even be in position to tie the game in the end.  It's not peyton's fault their O-line stunk it up.

It's Peyton's fault that the Colts offense never adapted to the way the Steelers defense was playing. The Steelers were blitzing all game & there are 2 ways to help make a defense stop blitzing, draw play & screen play. Peyton called none of those plays. I believe he let his ego get the better of him in that in his mind he wasn't going to resort to calling a screen play & probably thought cause he's Peyton Manning, still standing in the pocket for a long time & throwing the ball down the field was eventually going to work. & Peyton proved after the game that he isn't much of a leader considering he threw his entire offensive line under the bus & didn't take responsbility for the way the Colts offsense played.

If it wasn't for the refs the Colts wouldn't have been in position to win that game in the end, seeing how the NFL has said that the refs messed up & that was an INT & then a fumble. So it should have been Steelers' ball & they end up winning 21-10.

So like I said, there are ways help make a defense not blitz so much at least & Peyton Manning never called any of those plays. Now the Colts are going to lose their MVP in the offseason (James) & probably lose Reggie Wayne as well.

Yeah but if the refs made the right call on the 4th and 1 then Pit would have had 4th and 6 and punted instead of ran and then they wouldn't have had their 3rd TD. So it would have been 14-11. Tit for tat.

And it is not Manning's fault that the Oline crumbled. Screenplay or nor screen play, the linebackers and safeties were all over everything. Plus, Manning changes the lays when he sees fit. The Colts have and a co-ordinater and a head coach who would have forced that style on Manning by half time if they though it would have worked. Most of the time it wasn't even blitzing. It was to linemen on one guy while a another defensive lineman just walked in and got to Manning. No one is saying that Manning couldn't have played better but given the circumstances I don't think anyone outside of Michael Vick or Doug Flutie could have done anything to get away from the sacks. Not Marino. Not Favre. Vick would have thrown more INTs thanks to has bad accuracy, but I think a '98 Flutie would have went to town on that D, but he suffers in pocket passing.

Peyton should've taken some of the responsibility & because he threw all of the blame on everyone else but him, it shows he's not a true leader. & you saw how Manning didn't listen to Dungy when Dungy sent out the punt team, if Manning was told something by Moore or Dungy, there's a good chance Manning siad he would do it, & then changed the play.

& are you talking about the play where the Colts defense stopped to agrue a false start that went uncalled & because the Colts' defense did that they should've been called for a delay of game penatly?

And if you study the rulebook you'll notice that an offensive lineman cannot move while he's in position. Pit's lineman moved his foot, the Colts line saw it and rushed. The call was missed.

Maybe the ref did miss the false start, but the ball wasn't snapped & the Colts D-Line still rushed. That's offside right there & to not call a penlaty on that is just stupid. See this shows other teams that when an offense gets hot & is in hurry up mode, the D-Line can just rush before the before was snapped & agrue there was a false start.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2006, 06:16:21 AM »
What the fuck did Peyton do to choke?  If it wasnt for Peyton, the Colts wouldnt even be in position to tie the game in the end.  It's not peyton's fault their O-line stunk it up.

It's Peyton's fault that the Colts offense never adapted to the way the Steelers defense was playing. The Steelers were blitzing all game & there are 2 ways to help make a defense stop blitzing, draw play & screen play. Peyton called none of those plays. I believe he let his ego get the better of him in that in his mind he wasn't going to resort to calling a screen play & probably thought cause he's Peyton Manning, still standing in the pocket for a long time & throwing the ball down the field was eventually going to work. & Peyton proved after the game that he isn't much of a leader considering he threw his entire offensive line under the bus & didn't take responsbility for the way the Colts offsense played.

If it wasn't for the refs the Colts wouldn't have been in position to win that game in the end, seeing how the NFL has said that the refs messed up & that was an INT & then a fumble. So it should have been Steelers' ball & they end up winning 21-10.

So like I said, there are ways help make a defense not blitz so much at least & Peyton Manning never called any of those plays. Now the Colts are going to lose their MVP in the offseason (James) & probably lose Reggie Wayne as well.

Yeah but if the refs made the right call on the 4th and 1 then Pit would have had 4th and 6 and punted instead of ran and then they wouldn't have had their 3rd TD. So it would have been 14-11. Tit for tat.

And it is not Manning's fault that the Oline crumbled. Screenplay or nor screen play, the linebackers and safeties were all over everything. Plus, Manning changes the lays when he sees fit. The Colts have and a co-ordinater and a head coach who would have forced that style on Manning by half time if they though it would have worked. Most of the time it wasn't even blitzing. It was to linemen on one guy while a another defensive lineman just walked in and got to Manning. No one is saying that Manning couldn't have played better but given the circumstances I don't think anyone outside of Michael Vick or Doug Flutie could have done anything to get away from the sacks. Not Marino. Not Favre. Vick would have thrown more INTs thanks to has bad accuracy, but I think a '98 Flutie would have went to town on that D, but he suffers in pocket passing.

Peyton should've taken some of the responsibility & because he threw all of the blame on everyone else but him, it shows he's not a true leader. & you saw how Manning didn't listen to Dungy when Dungy sent out the punt team, if Manning was told something by Moore or Dungy, there's a good chance Manning siad he would do it, & then changed the play.

& are you talking about the play where the Colts defense stopped to agrue a false start that went uncalled & because the Colts' defense did that they should've been called for a delay of game penatly?

And if you study the rulebook you'll notice that an offensive lineman cannot move while he's in position. Pit's lineman moved his foot, the Colts line saw it and rushed. The call was missed.

Maybe the ref did miss the false start, but the ball wasn't snapped & the Colts D-Line still rushed. That's offside right there & to not call a penlaty on that is just stupid. See this shows other teams that when an offense gets hot & is in hurry up mode, the D-Line can just rush before the before was snapped & agrue there was a false start.

The ref did Pit a favour by not calling anything. If he did call encroachment then Dungy would have challenged and the replay would clearly show the lineman's leg move and it would have been 4th and 6. Pit never would have gotten their third TD and the whole game would have changed.

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2006, 09:24:24 PM »

The ref did Pit a favour by not calling anything. If he did call encroachment then Dungy would have challenged and the replay would clearly show the lineman's leg move and it would have been 4th and 6. Pit never would have gotten their third TD and the whole game would have changed.

You can't challenge a penalty. So there's nothing that Dungy could've done if the ref called the penalty on the Colts there. Penalties can't be challenged.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2006, 11:01:24 PM »

You can't challenge a penalty. So there's nothing that Dungy could've done if the ref called the penalty on the Colts there. Penalties can't be challenged.

Forgot about that one. Either way. They cheated Indy or would have cheated Indy more. The point is that I feel that the two mistakes cancel each other out. If they made the right call at the false start then Pit would have gotten TD number 3 and if they made the right call with the INT then Indy wouldn't have gotten TD number 2.

The point is Pit won and they deserved to win given the way they played. And if Indy couldn't prepare themselves for a team that used the exact same strategy SD did then they deserve to lose.

P.S. If you watch the play you'll notice the linemen never actually touched the O Line and the ball was never spiked. So there was no offside. The ref stopped the play and they did a redo. It's uncommon but possible. I saw it all on the NFL Network today and the VP of Refs explained it all.

KiCkAsS

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2006, 01:20:02 AM »
 :o

Macaframa

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2006, 06:25:09 PM »