Author Topic: Complete history of the World Titlle  (Read 880 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Complete history of the World Titlle
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2006, 08:09:14 AM »
I saw it the other day, and Angle was the more aggressive. Maybe being on US soil helped him be more focus for the homecrowd. BUT, he was battling one of the best wrestlers in the world. Abbas Jadidi is one of the greatest wrestlers ever, and Angle was matching him, and was more aggressive. Angle did everything he could to win, wrestling with a hurt neck. I saw the match, and to saw the least, it was close, but there was no controversy that wasn't created by Jadidi himself.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2006, 08:49:53 AM »
Well here it is for anyone to see;

http://www.youtube.com/w/Kurt-Angle%27s-Olympic-Gold-Medal-Win?v=uF9tmwmYXIM&search=Kurt%20Angle

Jadidi got out of all of Kurt's offense except one, and Kurt got away from all of Jadidi's offense except two moves. Abbas at the end was under the impression that he was awarded a point for putting the head lock in at the end. That's why he thought he won. Then he talked to the judges about it. Also, you will notice the US coaches near the end of the video. One is clearly not celebrating. You'd think after a US wrestler wins the gold medal you'd be jumping up and down. I don't know why he was too happy, but I know he didn't look happy. If this was in Iran that Jadidi would have a Gold Medal. If this was in a neutral country then it could go either way.

In the Danny Hogde Gold medal match Hodge was way a head on points, but an illegal trip caused him to fall and it was ruled a major takedown and Hodge lost, and won a silver.

There is no doubt in my mind that a young Hodge could beat a yooung angle in a fight.

Angle showed here that he can't shoot against submission wrestlers.

http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3939Y85UAJ2R609KXGYZ68KMDR

Puder clearly has him locked in the Kimura and his shoulders aren't even down. It was a save by the ref. Angle is even pissed off while he's talking to Puder afterwards. Listen closely to hear it. To say Angle would dominate the UFC or Pride when he can't even beat the low level who himself would get killed, is ridiculous.

I don't have an agenda Sik. I just call it as I see it. If you or anyone else sees it differently then so be it, but I am not trying to trick anyone or say stupid things for the sake of saying them. I believe the Gold Medal win was slightly tainted and I believe Angle would get killed in MMA by the top guys. And I base those beliefs on what I see in those two videos.

Sikotic™

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2006, 05:05:20 PM »
I still don't see the controversy. It was a close match, and like M Dogg said, Angle was clearly the aggressor. He was better conditioned because during the breaks, Angle was the first to get up. He was hungrier and that made the difference.

As for shooting, that's not even Angle's specialty so I would assume a good MMA fighter could take him down. BTW, is anyone else disappointed that Puder got released. He could of been the next Angle or Benoit.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2006, 05:20:03 PM »
Booker T= 5 time! 5 time! 5 time! 5 time! 5 time! WCW world heavyweight champion!

yeah 5 times in one year because of Vince Russos lack of creativity

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2006, 05:34:13 PM »
I still don't see the controversy. It was a close match, and like M Dogg said, Angle was clearly the aggressor. He was better conditioned because during the breaks, Angle was the first to get up. He was hungrier and that made the difference.

As for shooting, that's not even Angle's specialty so I would assume a good MMA fighter could take him down. BTW, is anyone else disappointed that Puder got released. He could of been the next Angle or Benoit.

I'm not saying Jadidi won, I'm just saying it could have went either way. I think Jadidi was upset because he thinks he should have gotten an extra point when he had Angle in a headlock and the ref restarted it like it was takedown. The lack of enthusiasm by the US coaches made me think they thought the same thing. Even if it was fixed it was a close enough match that it could have gone either way. It's not like Hearns and Leonard where Hearns knocked down Sugar Ray in 2 differrent and stil lost by points. Even Sugar Ray said he lost that fight.

All I was getting at withy Angle is it was close and Hodge in '56 wasn't close. It was all Hodge until the trip that they ruled a takedown. The debate at hand between me and M was whether Angle could beat Hodge legit.

The MMA stuff was brought up by M Dogg too. He said Angle could just walk in and dominate. I strongly disagreed.