Author Topic: XXL Top 10 Most Anticipated Hip-Hop Albums for 2006  (Read 1559 times)

Mr. Humonculous

XXL Top 10 Most Anticipated Hip-Hop Albums for 2006
« on: January 21, 2006, 07:05:33 PM »
The Roots
Album Title: Game Theory
Label: Def Jam
Beats: Artist, J Dilla
Features: Mos Def, Saigon, Peedi Peedi, MF Doom, Danger Mouse, Jill Scott, Lunna E of Cirius, MFSB Orchestra, Truk North
First Single: Don't Feel Right
Sales Pitch: "We still put 100 percent of our effort into making what we feel is wuality hip-hop. I think if people really believe in wuality and have patience, then we're worth the purchase."

Ludacris
Album Title: Release Therapy
Label: DTP/Def Jam
Beats: Timbaland, Shondrae, LT Moe, Organized Noize, Ice Drake
Features: DTP Family
First Single: TBD
Sales Pitch: "You 're gonna get your money's worth and then some. Real music is all about emotion. Whether it make you laugh, reminisce, cry, get motivated to get a damn job, or tell people you love them; you're going to feel this muthafuckin' album."

Busta Rhymes
Album Title: The Big Bang
Label: Aftermath/Interscope
Beats: Timbaland, Dr.Dre, Neptunes, Scott Storch, Nottz, J Dilla, Swizz Beat, Sha Money XL, Jelly Roll, Denaun Porter, Just Blaze, Rashad Smith, Hill
Features: Stevie Wonder, Rick James, Raekwon, Nas, Dr.Dre, Eminem, Q-Tip, Notorious BIG, Flipmond Squad
First Single: Touch It
Sales Pitch: "Busta Rhymes has never not been the most consistent mutherfucka around. Busta Rhymes has always carried the torch for what's hot in the street. And even though the South has been making those records that make you wild out in the club, I'm here to give you that raw New York club banger."

Ghostface
Album Title: Fishscale
Label: Def Jam
Beats: Pete Rock, Mf Doom, J Dilla, Madlib, Moss, Lewis Parker, Studio Beatz
Features: Wu-Tang Clan, Theodore Unit, Ne-yo
First Single: Back Like That
Sales Pitch: "Fishscale is like dopest shit that's on the block right now. It's like I got the hypest dope. When niggas taste that shit, they gon' fiend for it"

T.I.
Album Title: The King
Label: Grand Huslte/Atlantic
Beats: Rich rubin, Neptunes, Just Blaze, Hi-Tek, Kwame, Fury, DJ Toomp. Don Cannon, Chad West, Khano, Keith Mack, Lil' C, Black Mob, Big Resse
Features: Jay-Z, Young Jeezy, P$C, Lil' Wayne, B.G., Alicia Keys, Young Dro, Governor
First Single: Ride Wit Me
Sales Pitch: " Trap Muzik laid the foundation, but missed a couple mainstream recors. Urban Legend was great, but it missed the creativity people wanted from me. King is my most well-rounded project since I'm Serious."

Outkast
Album Title: Idlewild
Label: Jive
Beats: Artist, Organized Noize
Features: Sleepy Brown, Janelle Monae, Scar
First Single: Big Boi's " The Train and the duo's Idlewild Blues will be released simultaneously
Sales Pitch: "With us you have to expect the unexpected," said Big. "This is the next thing you could do after doing a double CD where two group members were doing solo CDs. The fans expect nothing less than what we've been giving them for the past decade, and that's some funky-ass shit"

Mobb Deep
Album Title: Blood Money
Label: G-Unit/Interscope
Beats: Havoc, Dr.Dre, Alchemist, Sha Money XL, J.R., Red Spyder
Features: G-Unit Family
First Single: Put 'Em In Their Place
Sales Pitch: "If there's one thing you can say about Mobb Deep it's that we're consistent," says Havoc. "We're gonna come with that music that you're gonna be able to play in your car for years. We wanna be a part of this because it's a part of history."

Cam'Ron
Album Title: Killa Season
Label: Asylum
Beats: Ebonikz, Pro V, Black Key, Stay Gettin, Blackout, Versatile Productions, Wattz
Features: Juelz Santana, J.R. Writter, Hell Rell, Jaheim, Webbie
First Single: Do Your Thing
Sales Pitch: "I got the passion back back because Hell Rell and J.R. are starting to get buzz they're getting. It's like process that Jim, Juelz and I went through starting over, getting on mixtapes. I'm hyped again."

Nas
Album Title: TBD
Label: TBD
Beats: DJ Premier
Features: All Mr. Jones offers is, "I'm almost done [working] on a Queens anthem with another big Queens dude."
Sales Pitch: "Cop it to see where dude's head is at and where I'm taking it this timearound. This will be the next step for me. I bridged the gap between generation on my last joint, this one is going fuurther ahead creatively than what I did last time."

The Game
Album Title: The Doctor's Advocate
Label: Black Wall Street/Aftermath/Interscope
Beats: Dr.Dre, Hi-Tek, Kayne West, Just Blaze, Nu Jerzey Devil
Features: Nas, Damiain Marley, Snoop Dogg, Mary J.Blige, Lauryn Hill, Mariah Carey
Sales Pitch: "I'm still there with Dre making the greatest album of all the time. My first album was a classic. This one is about upping the ante and making something better than a classic - on my own."
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 07:09:52 PM by Mr. Humonculous »

mauzip

Re: XXL Top 10 Most Anticipated Hip-Hop Albums for 2006
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 07:21:45 PM »
At least the only west coast record is #1.

ecrazy

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 07:25:34 PM »
Heres My Top 10 Most Anticipated:

Del - 11th Hour
Mos Def - ??
Raekwon - Cuban Linx 2
Crooked I - ??
Blackstar - ??
Ghostface - ??
Nas - ??
Outkast ??
Dre - Detox
Murs - Murrays Revenge
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 02:30:11 PM by E-Crazy »

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 07:27:04 PM »
That Roots album looks like it might be sick. Actually all the albums look pretty good but im not sure about Ludacris's album. That looks practically the same as that wack DTP compilation that just came out.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 07:30:53 PM »
im surprised they didnt include Detox on there...i guess they weren't sure if it'll be released in 06 or not

i think another album a good chunk of ppl mite be anticipatin is DMX's album to see if he can deliver nemore or not...i wudnt consider it a top 10 anticipated album but i styll feel that a good amount of ppl wanna hear it.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Bigg $amo

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 07:31:47 PM »
games album the most anticipated ::)

Eihtball

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 07:41:07 PM »
Busta's album is definitely the one on there I'm most excited about.  And if Mobb Deep's album actually DOES get put out (has it even been confirmed yet by the label?), I'll cop that shit, too.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 07:44:19 PM »
lol who works at XXL & The Source???Amatuers???Where the fuck is Rae & Saigon???& how the fuck is someone gonna put T.I. over Ghostface???& they also put Game's album over a Nas album wit only Premier beats, wow, how fuckin' ignorant can you get???Whatever, Game's a cocky motherfucker for thinking his first album is classic, go do some fuckin' research you stupid ass bitch.

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2006, 07:56:53 PM »
^^ The Saigon album was on last years list. Thats probably why they didn't put it on this one.

Eihtball

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2006, 08:04:33 PM »
Yeah, Saigon's album is LONG overdue.  Not that I'm particularly excited about it (I listen to Immortal Technique to get on my political tip), but it's supposed to come out this March.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2006, 08:08:09 PM »
The list is so wack!!!

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2006, 08:09:26 PM »
im hyped bout THE GAME, BUSTA, LUDA, NAS

CAMRON shit is always ok,
Mobb i dont know cuz of G UNIT

NOT ON XXL LIST IM WAITIN FOR

KURUPT - SAME DAY DIFFERENT SHIT (3/7/06)
TOO $HORT - UP ALL NITE (spring 06)

DPGC (Untitled, hope it happens)
DRE DETOX (hope it comes out)
DAZ SO SO GANGSTA (hope it comes out)

rip2pac

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2006, 09:27:03 PM »
rumor has it that Nas anthem is with none other than Ja Rule.........some say LL Cool J

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2006, 10:09:18 PM »
wheres Detox

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2006, 10:10:54 PM »
rumor has it that Nas anthem is with none other than Ja Rule.........some say LL Cool J

what?