Poll

Who would you rather see on Detox : Game or 50 Cent?

Game
50 Cent
None

Author Topic: Who would you rather see on Detox : Game or 50 Cent?  (Read 1889 times)

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Who would you rather see on Detox : Game or 50 Cent?
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2006, 06:13:57 AM »
50 becauses hes just better

would dre make them do verses for the same song, then put them on it together?

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2006, 06:36:04 AM »
Some of you have voted for 50 based on his verse from Never Enough. That's one verse! Sure, it was a tight one, but look at his songs from The Massacre. They were pretty much garbage with him mumbling on practically every track...
50 Cent doesn't give a single fuck about the music he makes, otherwise he'd try to put more effort into it to deliver more good verses such as on Never Enough. He wouldn't even need somebody like Dr. Dre to bring out the best of him.

Judging from Game's last 3 mixtapes, everyone can tell he's improved lyrically and he has also shown he's able to write some catchy hooks (Walkin' In The Rain, They Sayin', etc...).

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2006, 06:49:23 AM »
Some of you have voted for 50 based on his verse from Never Enough. That's one verse! Sure, it was a tight one, but look at his songs from The Massacre. They were pretty much garbage with him mumbling on practically every track...

One verse?At least there is a verse thats worth mentioning.Tell me a Game verse over a Dre beat where he rips it.And its not like thats the only Dre song 50 rips(check my first post).Plus if you check 50's pre Aftermath stuff you can see that he is/was very dope.And yes its true 50 was wack on the Massacre most of the time altough he proved his talent on 3,4 songs(Position Of Power,Ski Mask Way,Somebody Gonna Die Tonite).

50 Cent doesn't give a single fuck about the music he makes, otherwise he'd try to put more effort into it to deliver more good verses such as on Never Enough. He wouldn't even need somebody like Dr. Dre to bring out the best of him.
Well you can say the same about Game.He always sticks to his wacky formula of name droping and Compton 4 life stuff.He sounded fresh when he started with his whole G-Unot persona but got dull quick.And Game wouldnt need alcohol to bring out the best of him if he had any more talent.

Judging from Game's last 3 mixtapes, everyone can tell he's improved lyrically and he has also shown he's able to write some catchy hooks (Walkin' In The Rain, They Sayin', etc...).

How the hell did he improve?Yeah,he sounded dope on 300 bars but everybody on dubcc is overrating this song(putting it near No Vaseline or Ether  ::) ).Like I said it was fresh and new but then the whole 3 mixtapes sounded exactly the same.G - Unot,fuck 50 Cent,fuck Lloyd Banks and Young Buck.Oh, and Olivia is a man.
Not even mentioning the regular name droping(verse on Jamie Foxx album), tell me how the hell did he improve?

Matty

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2006, 06:55:44 AM »
50 blew himself up and helped game blow up too, both times over dre beats. 50 comes off a lot better on dre beats, should easily be him over the game on detox. my prediction game will get 1 verse, 50 will get a few and perhaps a hook or two and that won't be a bad thing on the lp.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2006, 07:03:48 AM »
And its not like thats the only Dre song 50 rips(check my first post).Plus if you check 50's pre Aftermath stuff you can see that he is/was very dope.
My point exactly. He was pretty good on GRODT, but like I said, he should put way more effort into his rhymes instead of having an attitude like "hey, I'm 50 Cent. If people see my name on the album, they'll buy it regardless of the quality".

tell me how the hell did he improve?

In my opinion he has improved on a lyrical level:

1) Some of his rhyme-schemes now are different than the ones on The Documentary. They're more "complex/creative, etc..."
2) On his mixtapes he has proved he can come up with catchy hooks
3) His flow is always on point, there's no denying that.

As for the name-dropping, you got a point there. I'd rather see him leaving that behind, but I guess it's part of his style. At the end of the day, it compensates with the 3 aspects I mentioned above...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 07:05:56 AM by CRAFTY »

Matty

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2006, 07:09:19 AM »
to be honest the game just isn't very good. its more his delivery and flow than any consideration of lyrics and it still seems to be that way on all latest guest features. sure his mixtapes are pretty cool but again its not as if he's lyrically inspired, its just him getting pissed off which matches the delivery style he uses.

my 2 cents

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2006, 07:33:18 AM »
Oh I ain't even gotta think about this one. The Game, no doubt. Compton on the mic and on the track.

mauzip

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2006, 07:38:12 AM »
The Game.

Why? For one: 50 Cent hasn't released any decent track since his Get Rich Or Die Trying album. The Game proved he's an above average rapper and he's improving as well.

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2006, 08:07:55 AM »
its shocking to see there a 6 stupid people so far

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2006, 08:08:47 AM »
^^you crazy?? Game all the way. Game grew a lot since the documentary, while 50's only gettin worse. If there's one rapper who's gettin boring it's 50.

Tell me how the hell did Game improve?

i think people are being ignorant if they dont see Game grew lyrically bigtime since the Doc

bizzle

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • b-i-z-z-l-e
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2006, 08:32:58 AM »
You a steroid addict, you need Detox
Hopefully you make it out in time to be on Detox
Game

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2006, 08:33:28 AM »
hittman.

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2006, 08:40:20 AM »
FUCK 50

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2006, 08:41:19 AM »
^^you crazy?? Game all the way. Game grew a lot since the documentary, while 50's only gettin worse. If there's one rapper who's gettin boring it's 50.

Tell me how the hell did Game improve?

i think people are being ignorant if they dont see Game grew lyrically bigtime since the Doc

Its not ignorant,its the truth.Like it or not its still "I do this like___(a popular artist in the industry),its Compton,Eazy E.,Dr.Dre..

I mean he even metioned Dr.Dre in that Katrina song!

And you cant compare his mixtape stuff(and even that is nothing special) to his major release verses(Jamie Foxx,Kanye West-the remix...?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 08:51:16 AM by Detox is coming... »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2006, 08:43:32 AM »
The Game.

Why? For one: 50 Cent hasn't released any decent track since his Get Rich Or Die Trying album. The Game proved he's an above average rapper and he's improving as well.

Theres the trick.When you were listening to GRODT or his pre Math songs you could really say: "Damn this guy is talented!".

Now tell me any Game tracks that made you say that...