Poll

Who would you rather see on Detox : Game or 50 Cent?

Game
50 Cent
None

Author Topic: Who would you rather see on Detox : Game or 50 Cent?  (Read 1891 times)

Wordfish

Re: Who would you rather see on Detox : Game or 50 Cent?
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2006, 01:57:36 PM »
Just game ,, Nothin' mo 2 add .,
I just like his flow

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2006, 02:59:42 PM »
50 for sure. game still isn't up to 50's level lyrically.

the only song in that list that i can recall is hate it or love it. 50 wasn't wack, he was good on the track. game was a lot better in that track though.

sorry to disappoint you

Uh what tracks did Game ruin? Buck's Stomp and Bank's when the chips are down. When I listen to those verses I can't believe the game could ever get signed with crap like that.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 03:01:34 PM by King Brant »

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2006, 03:50:54 PM »

Bishop Lamont should be playing a more prominent role than either of those 2, although lyrically Game is better than 50, however the power of the dollar 50 cent lyrically shits all over Game.

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2006, 03:54:05 PM »
Game.

IMO, 50 has an incredible business mind (although he's moving dangerously close to over saturation) and a talented songwriter. He is not a particularly strong lyricist, although he drops a notable verse now and then. Even "Get Rich Or Die Tryin" owes the majority of it's praise to a) the beats and b) 50's ability to craft a 'complete' song. In no way is it due to 50 being on the 'Pac and BIG lyricism scale, as ludicrously suggested circa GRODT hype-mania.

Game is a West Coast rapper who released an album that I feel is on par with "Get Rich Or Die Tryin". Anybody who says that Game has never served a Dre beat with the same flair that 50 is clearly ignoring "Higher", a record (minus 50) that damn near every fan who heard it wanted to be the lead single off "The Doc...". As for the person that suggested that before Game got on Dre beats with 50 on the hook, no-one cared - well, it just so happens that the first chance Game's fans got to hear him on a Dre beat was with 50. HAD he dropped those same cuts without 50 on the chorus, he still would have generated one hell of a buzz. It's a virtual certainty. Plus, he was already buzzing off of "UKNOWWHATITIS" Vol. 1.

Now 50 seems unmotivated and boring. To quote XXL's review of "The Massacre", it's like Fiddy "got rich and stopped trying". Plus, he has shown several signs of disrespect to Dre lately in the form of suggesting that he would leave Aftermath and that, should the Doc continue to work with Game, he would have problems with him. Frankly, he doesn't deserve to be part of a legendary artist's swan song.

Game on the other hand has done nothing but improve. His name-dropping of his mentor (while irritating) proves his allegiance to Dre and you can really feel how eager he is to mould a classic album without G-Unit involvement. He flexed his lyricist muscle on "Dreams" (and countless other mixtape disses) - 50 Cent has never made a record that touching and when he tries it comes off as brash and obvious ("God Gave Me Style"). I believe that's why 50 won't respond to Game - he knows he can't fuck with him lyrically. At least, not now...he just does his shit-talking over the instrumental.

Finally, anyone who suggests Game relied on 50 to sell, the same thing could be said about 50 and beef. I'll excuse Ja, but try putting out an record without having to stir up controversy by pathetically starting a war with two rappers you've never had any real contact with ('Kiss and Fat Joe).
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

The Watcher

« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2006, 06:25:28 PM »
50, for the simple fact that he can be dope when he wants to be

with GRODT, he had a point to prove and it came out a pretty dope album, with The Massacre he wanted to sell and it turned out ass, but when he wants to spit something dope (ie: Never Enough), he can, and that's what Dre will make him spit if he wants to get on the album

Game is nice but isnt really on 50's level yet, i don't think .. the documentary was all about name dropping and compton this, compton that, he's improving based on the mixtape shit he's put out, but he needs to get over the gunit beef if he wants to get any better
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2006, 07:38:11 PM »
^^you crazy?? Game all the way. Game grew a lot since the documentary, while 50's only gettin worse. If there's one rapper who's gettin boring it's 50.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2006, 07:42:44 PM »
game for a verse. 50 for a hook
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Okka

« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2006, 12:28:36 AM »
voted: The Game

And if 50 is there, i hope he's doin a a few hooks or somethin'...

We Fly High

« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2006, 12:34:56 AM »
i'd prefer game to be on there, but i know 50 would prob do a better job when it came down to it. but snoop dogg > all other possible guest appearances on detox. it'll be kinda wack if detox revives 50's career. that will be so fucking wack.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 12:36:57 AM by J.dubcnn »

Sikotic™

« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2006, 12:37:48 AM »
Fuck em both. They don't deserve it.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Azadis

• 'G'
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2006, 02:51:54 AM »
Fuck em both. They don't deserve it.

and who deserve it...? hittman?LOL

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2006, 06:34:06 AM »
HAD he dropped those same cuts without 50 on the chorus, he still would have generated one hell of a buzz. It's a virtual certainty. Plus, he was already buzzing off of "UKNOWWHATITIS" Vol. 1.

Not true.He had no buzz on the mainstream level.Uknowhatitis vol.1?C'mon only people on the internet knew about that.50 brought in the mainstream audience,Nobody knew about Game until he signed with G- Unit.Thats a fact

Game on the other hand has done nothing but improve. His name-dropping of his mentor (while irritating) proves his allegiance to Dre and you can really feel how eager he is to mould a classic album without G-Unit involvement. He flexed his lyricist muscle on "Dreams" (and countless other mixtape disses) - 50 Cent has never made a record that touching and when he tries it comes off as brash and obvious ("God Gave Me Style"). I believe that's why 50 won't respond to Game - he knows he can't fuck with him lyrically. At least, not now...he just does his shit-talking over the instrumental.

Never made a record that touching?Check out Ghetto Quaran or some more tracks on his pre Math stuff.Plus Dreams isnt that touching anyways.It was too forced in my opinion.Like he wanted to make Breathe part 2.

Finally, anyone who suggests Game relied on 50 to sell, the same thing could be said about 50 and beef. I'll excuse Ja, but try putting out an record without having to stir up controversy by pathetically starting a war with two rappers you've never had any real contact with ('Kiss and Fat Joe).
Yep thats true.50 and Game are both the same.Attention whores.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2006, 07:14:31 AM »
game no doubt to me, i think he will fit the scene more, plus he westcoast, 50cent is dope over dre beats but if 50 starts spittin hooks on detox, i aint gonna be feeling that shit......to me, id rather have a 50 verse than hook on detox but if i had to choose from one, itd be game, he growing and getting better while 50...naaaaaw

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2006, 07:20:38 AM »
And its not like thats the only Dre song 50 rips(check my first post).Plus if you check 50's pre Aftermath stuff you can see that he is/was very dope.
My point exactly. He was pretty good on GRODT, but like I said, he should put way more effort into his rhymes instead of having an attitude like "hey, I'm 50 Cent. If people see my name on the album, they'll buy it regardless of the quality".

Yeah but Game is also doing the same thing.He said he will have almost all the producers he had on The Doc,because you dont fix what sells.I bet you his new Lp(if it ever comes out) will be Doc part 2.With all the same rhyme - schemes...

his next LP should sound like documentary part 2...it should follow it uo, just be more grimey and some mo westcoast cats on it, look what happened to 50 when he tried switching it up, massacre was a clowns cd...everyone pretty much thought doc was sick, so why should he change it, once he cemented than he can start experimenting, he only one cd deep yet, he gotta sell records with that first than he can start thinking about switcing it up...and about 300 bars, man that shit is crazy....at the moment, game is doing better than anybody on gunit records and he has improved, but ofcourse his still going to talk about some of the stuff like nikes n shit and name dropping, that made him, why should he stop it all together, he just needs to cut it down IMO......

peace

ac1386

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2006, 07:23:08 AM »

I doubt Eminem would spit like seven years ago. You can count the decent songs he made after MMLP on one hand.

Renegades, Till I Collapse, Sing for the Moment, Rabbit Run, Lose Yourself, nail in the coffin...oh wait, how many fingers you got?