Author Topic: Nas signs to Def Jam  (Read 1405 times)

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Nas signs to Def Jam
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2006, 09:34:20 PM »
NAS IS NOT A BOSS, 3 MILL I'M PROUD HE GOT THAT,BUT IT'S TIME TO BOSS UP IN THE GAME,HE SIGNED A FUCC'N ARTIST DEAL,A PERSON OF HIS STATURE SHOULD BE A BOSS,AND YALL wonder why the game is fucc'd up,honestly i rather him be a president of a label then jigga,because he understands artistic value,too bad it's only as a bottom of the totem pole mc :-\,it's sad and funny at the same time to me,damn jay z won, and doing a song with hova does nothing for nas all that does is make hova look better,it's more then music cats need to understand that,common needs a president spot as well, and i wonder who will own nas's masters now sad sad sad yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2006, 11:54:50 PM »
Nas featuring Freeway/Memphis Bleak/young gunz?? No fuckin thanks. NOw NAs featuring Busta Rhymes, The Game, Bishop Lamont, Eve Yes please. Or this is a major long shot but IMO if he signed 2 them NAs could help bring the I.N.C back some labels fucked up not signing esco.....On another forum this guy was sayin that Jay officailly owned Nas coz hes now his boss but i think diffrently, I mean Jay is strugglin at Defjam, hes had one platinum artist while hes been in charge n thats Kanye (if u wanna include Luda then do so but i am not)...Bleak - Flop, Free - when was his last album?, Young gunz - LOL, Foxy - Flop, Peedi Cracc - fell off b4 he even started and i dont know where the fuck oschino n sparx is at. BUt i dont even think this will remedy the problem coz Nas dont garuntee you sales. Look at Jungle n Nashawn, AZ, Cormega b4 the fallout, nature....they all noware. BAd move IMO, unless u get a jay/nas album which evryone would eat up. (besides me)...

The Maestro

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2006, 07:33:00 PM »
hmmm...def have mixed feelings about this one.  I for one thought SD was a great album, sans 2 or 3 tracks. Like duke said, as long as premo is on board it will be dope.  I don't see Nas selling his nuts for a plaque, but it was interesting that at the reunion concert that Jay called him "Esco".  When's the last time you've heard him called that?  Now that he's on Def Jam, he'll prob get a beat or 2 from Kanye - papa was a playa was dope so i'd give it a chance.  What I don't want is 14 tracks from 14 different producers. 

Ideally, I think i would have rather had Nas go indie.  But as long as he doesn't compromise his current style than i'll support it. 

AZ§o§a

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2006, 07:49:06 PM »
this will free up some production work in his behalf.. his next album should be sick. W. sony and def jam splitting the profits im sure nas is gettin cramped outa some paper.. anyway this next album should be one of hip-hop most anticipated albums of the year. should be interesting knowing Jay-z owns ur ass now... hope they collaborate on some shit
halla
kk

Eihtball

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2006, 07:56:13 PM »
I'm kinda surprised so many people are saying this album will be dope as long as Primo works on it.  Primo did tracks on both "I Am..." and "Nastradamus", and everyone still hates those albums (I'm probably the only person alive who thinks "I Am..." was underrated).

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2006, 08:42:39 PM »
I'm kinda surprised so many people are saying this album will be dope as long as Primo works on it. Primo did tracks on both "I Am..." and "Nastradamus", and everyone still hates those albums (I'm probably the only person alive who thinks "I Am..." was underrated).

Can't speak for everybody, but SD was one of my fav Nas albums, and obviously Primo wasn't on there.  My earlier statement was reflecting the article in Scratch stating that Primo was Exec. Prod. the album.  If this is indeed the case, i have extremely high expectations for this next album.  Just because Primo dropped a couple joints on I am and Nastradamus doesn't automatically mean that those albums should be classified as great albums.

I Am def had its share of great tracks, but also some really low points.  Nastradamus is def Nas worst album, but its still better than many albums dropped by many other cats.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2006, 06:09:25 AM »
this is from hiphopgame.com:

As for Nas' next album, Jay-Z says it will probably drop in September and that he will probably be on one song. He hopes Nas will have production from Kanye West, DJ Premier, Just Blaze, Dr. Dre, Timbaland and Pharrell Williams

http://www.hiphopgame.com/news.php3?id=1168

the begining of the article talkz bout Jay-Z and Cam'Ron

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Layeth THe Smacketh Down

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2006, 08:42:06 AM »
I feel sorry for Nas.  Now he has to work for the guy that publictly dissed him and banged his baby mother.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2006, 12:59:07 PM »
I do not see why Nas would leave Sony/Columbia, he had artistic freedom and he sold records there.  He has had a fantastic career with them.

Despite the fact that Nas and Jay-Z are two of my favourite artists I'm not dying to hear them do a song together.  Thier styles don't match.  Give me another Nas/AZ joint instead.