Author Topic: KOOOBBBEEE  (Read 9241 times)

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: KOOOBBBEEE
« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2006, 04:39:19 PM »
Pippen is a god damn hater if u ask me. His whole life he's been the 2nd best plaeyer on the team and has not even come close to Kobe's greatness. Now he's sore about it and hating on Kobe... Fuck Pippen

I don't see any hating in Pippen's comments either. In fact, he pretty much stated what I said earlier. The rest of the guys need the opportunity to gel as a unit. He was wrong on one thing though.

The game has changed since back in the day. You used to be able to lay mufuckas out if they went in the lane. Nowadays that's a suspension. You used to be able to manhandle players that were bringing the ball up. Now that's a foul. The one thing Pippen forgot to take into account is the zone defense rules. Kobe gets frequently doubled without the ball. The game isn't as physical, but the legal zones allow teams to zero in on one player defensively wiht much more intensity. Kobe was splitting double teams and shooting over 2 defenders all night.

Could Jordan have done what Kobe did in today's era? Who knows. Times have changed though, that's clear.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #136 on: January 25, 2006, 05:15:48 PM »
The Lakers are a STRONG PLAYOFF TEAM??? The Lakers are the biggest one man show i've ever seen. Watch the Pistons, Spurs, Suns - those are the epitome of strong playoff teams. Kobe is an amazing athlete, but the Lakers are not a strong playoff team.

Having said that, I still don't like Kobe. Yes he is a phenomenal athelete - incredible shooter, slasher, free throw shooter. You can't knock on his offensive skills unless you are a hater. He IS a ball hog, and wants nothing more than for the Lakers to be a one man show.

I think in 20 years, people will probably remember Kobe most for his 81 points, and not for his rings. And I think that's what he would prefer to be remembered for.

Wow. You can almost rival E-Crazy for biggest retard ever. Especially that last comment, that shit was straight ridiculous... :-X

How about not resorting to name calling and argue my points? Its funny that you call me a retard, yet you're the one that said the Lakers were a strong playoff team. You played yourself. Don't be mad at me for pointing it out.

Argue your points? You said Kobe would mostly be remembered for 81 points and not for winning rings. I bet you can't even name the player who was in 2nd place for most points before Kobe broke it...Why the fuck would Kobe wanna be remembered for 81 points, when winning championships is what makes someone great and puts them under legend status?...I played myself? LMAO. I don't think so buddy...Once again, :-X.

Fuck yeah you played yourself.  Calling me a retard after you made the statement that the Lakers were A STRONG PLAYOFF TEAM.  You're letting your love affair with Kobe blur reality dog. 

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2006, 06:17:49 PM »
for all you laker fans i hate to say this but the LAKERS ARE NOT A GOOD TEAM!  we all know that kobe is a great talent but to say they will be a good playoff team is straight up ridiculous.  lets face it kobe can't run the triangle offense and make other players around him great like um......Jordan.  kobe will probably be remembered for running Shaq, the most dominate player we have ever seen, out of L.A.

Kobe isn't even supposed to run the triangle offense, smart guy, Kobe is playing the role of the wing-man (offensive attacker) this season. That's what Jordan played in the triangle, that's why they both attempt so many shots...Who did Jordan make so much better? Luc Longley? LMAO. BJ Armstrong? Come on man, you're a joke...Kobe makes his players better just as much as Jordan did...Shit, Smush has looked like an all-star a few times this season playing alongside Kobe...If you ever watch the games, Kobe cares about the players, he always vocally leads them, on and off the court...If you think Kobe is gunna be mostly remembered for running Shaq out of LA (even though LA saved well over $30 million in luxury taxes by trading him), then you're a retard, just like the guy who said Kobe would prefer to be remembered by his 81 points and not his championship rings (obviously the ultimate goal in the NBA)... :-X

longley and armstrong with Jordan were much better players you're looking at them without Jordan look at their careers with Jordan then you'll see they were better than they are credited for.  also look at Pippen one of the 50 greatest of all time, Rodman, Harper, H. Grant, Tony K., Stever Kerr who was a fuckin deadly shooter and was even deadlier when jordan was doubled team then kicked it out to one of them.  what you forget is that when Bryant had Fisher or someone he WAS a better team player but now he has no one all he can do is hog the ball and put up 50 shots a night.  the lakers as a team are crap and that's what you Kobe Bryant dick riders are blinded to see.  yeah kobe isn't suppose to run it, he's suppose to make sure it runs at all which it doesn't.  the bulls ran it to perfection and the lakers well.......lets just say they're 3 role players and 1 good player away from running a great triangle and actually being a playoff threat.  jump off kobe's dick for a minute before you make basis comments and stop with that childish name calling.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2006, 10:39:24 PM »
The Lakers are a STRONG PLAYOFF TEAM??? The Lakers are the biggest one man show i've ever seen. Watch the Pistons, Spurs, Suns - those are the epitome of strong playoff teams. Kobe is an amazing athlete, but the Lakers are not a strong playoff team.

Having said that, I still don't like Kobe. Yes he is a phenomenal athelete - incredible shooter, slasher, free throw shooter. You can't knock on his offensive skills unless you are a hater. He IS a ball hog, and wants nothing more than for the Lakers to be a one man show.

I think in 20 years, people will probably remember Kobe most for his 81 points, and not for his rings. And I think that's what he would prefer to be remembered for.

Wow. You can almost rival E-Crazy for biggest retard ever. Especially that last comment, that shit was straight ridiculous... :-X

How about not resorting to name calling and argue my points? Its funny that you call me a retard, yet you're the one that said the Lakers were a strong playoff team. You played yourself. Don't be mad at me for pointing it out.

Argue your points? You said Kobe would mostly be remembered for 81 points and not for winning rings. I bet you can't even name the player who was in 2nd place for most points before Kobe broke it...Why the fuck would Kobe wanna be remembered for 81 points, when winning championships is what makes someone great and puts them under legend status?...I played myself? LMAO. I don't think so buddy...Once again, :-X.

Fuck yeah you played yourself.  Calling me a retard after you made the statement that the Lakers were A STRONG PLAYOFF TEAM.  You're letting your love affair with Kobe blur reality dog. 

I said they COULD be a strong playoff team, moron...So have many analysts. You're obviously an idiot. You don't even deserve long replies... :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2006, 10:44:03 PM »
for all you laker fans i hate to say this but the LAKERS ARE NOT A GOOD TEAM!  we all know that kobe is a great talent but to say they will be a good playoff team is straight up ridiculous.  lets face it kobe can't run the triangle offense and make other players around him great like um......Jordan.  kobe will probably be remembered for running Shaq, the most dominate player we have ever seen, out of L.A.

Kobe isn't even supposed to run the triangle offense, smart guy, Kobe is playing the role of the wing-man (offensive attacker) this season. That's what Jordan played in the triangle, that's why they both attempt so many shots...Who did Jordan make so much better? Luc Longley? LMAO. BJ Armstrong? Come on man, you're a joke...Kobe makes his players better just as much as Jordan did...Shit, Smush has looked like an all-star a few times this season playing alongside Kobe...If you ever watch the games, Kobe cares about the players, he always vocally leads them, on and off the court...If you think Kobe is gunna be mostly remembered for running Shaq out of LA (even though LA saved well over $30 million in luxury taxes by trading him), then you're a retard, just like the guy who said Kobe would prefer to be remembered by his 81 points and not his championship rings (obviously the ultimate goal in the NBA)... :-X

longley and armstrong with Jordan were much better players you're looking at them without Jordan look at their careers with Jordan then you'll see they were better than they are credited for.  also look at Pippen one of the 50 greatest of all time, Rodman, Harper, H. Grant, Tony K., Stever Kerr who was a fuckin deadly shooter and was even deadlier when jordan was doubled team then kicked it out to one of them.  what you forget is that when Bryant had Fisher or someone he WAS a better team player but now he has no one all he can do is hog the ball and put up 50 shots a night.  the lakers as a team are crap and that's what you Kobe Bryant dick riders are blinded to see.  yeah kobe isn't suppose to run it, he's suppose to make sure it runs at all which it doesn't.  the bulls ran it to perfection and the lakers well.......lets just say they're 3 role players and 1 good player away from running a great triangle and actually being a playoff threat.  jump off kobe's dick for a minute before you make basis comments and stop with that childish name calling.

LOLLL. You've proven that you're extremely deserving of my insults, dumbfuck. The Lakers as a team are crap? Lakers as a team play even better than when Kobe shoots 35+ shots...Did you watch them play on their streak in December? Everyone was sharing the ball, the offense was being run almost to perfection...Trust me, I know my shit, I've seen every game this year...You're obviously just speaking out your ass, it's not even a question with the comments you've made...PeACe

Lex Boooger

• 'G'
« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2006, 10:46:29 PM »
dayum Chris Bosh and the dinosaurs got owned

money i stack pay for my crack

acbaylove

« Reply #141 on: January 26, 2006, 06:39:47 AM »
I have to disagree with Pippen. First of all he probably didn't even see the game. I did. Kobe scored let's say 90% of his FG's from the long range. He made jumpers, he didn't score 81 points with dunks or easy lay-ups! So a phisical defence couldn't have stopped him from making those jumpshots. With a phisical defence you can stop big men, you can stop drives to the basket. Not jumpers. Jordan was maybe more impressive to him cause he made most of his points (in the early years of his career) going inside, taking hard fouls, converting them into 3-points actions, getting doubled, hand-checked, etc.. But Kobe simply made jumpshots. How can you stop him? Kobe broke a franchise record in that game, 62 (SIXTY-TWO) straight free throws made. How can you stop it? 62. He made 7 3-pointers. Plus he made tons of jumpshots.

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=100986.0

That's the proof.

P.S. What about zone defence? Zone defence, if applied well, is way more damaging for opponent's phisical game than a phisical defence. Just remember how Italy SONNED the U.S. National Team the last 2 times they met each others.

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #142 on: January 26, 2006, 09:37:18 AM »
What if the rules had been changed about hand-checking when Jordan was around...He already killed defenders when they could hold and push him.  Imagine what he would've done if they hadn't been able to.

You guys know that I don't like Kobe, but what he did was impressive.  81 points is 81 points no matter how you look at it.  If he had shot below 50% then yeah, he was being a ballhog but I believe he shot 61% from the field.  That's a damn good percentage from the field considering how many jump shots he took.  However, you could look at it as the Raptors absolutely suck whereas if somebody that could play defense was guarding Kobe...81 would've never happened.

Just look at it like this, Lakers fans can have 81...regular season accomplishments don't mean a goddamned thing if you aren't playing in May and June.
NIK - World's worst moderator.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #143 on: January 26, 2006, 10:07:33 AM »
I have to disagree with Pippen. First of all he probably didn't even see the game. I did. Kobe scored let's say 90% of his FG's from the long range. He made jumpers, he didn't score 81 points with dunks or easy lay-ups! So a phisical defence couldn't have stopped him from making those jumpshots. With a phisical defence you can stop big men, you can stop drives to the basket. Not jumpers. Jordan was maybe more impressive to him cause he made most of his points (in the early years of his career) going inside, taking hard fouls, converting them into 3-points actions, getting doubled, hand-checked, etc.. But Kobe simply made jumpshots. How can you stop him? Kobe broke a franchise record in that game, 62 (SIXTY-TWO) straight free throws made. How can you stop it? 62. He made 7 3-pointers. Plus he made tons of jumpshots.

That's the proof.

P.S. What about zone defence? Zone defence, if applied well, is way more damaging for opponent's phisical game than a phisical defence. Just remember how Italy SONNED the U.S. National Team the last 2 times they met each others.

Pippen doesn't like Kobe...I think he's bitter at the Jordan comparisons or something. He made a few negetive comments about Kobe this season...Now he wrote out a whole essay...LMAO. He musta' been butt-hurt that Kobe broke the record... :-\

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #144 on: January 26, 2006, 10:08:36 AM »
for whoever said " kobe scoring 81 points is damaging to the developing of the other players on the team"

did you see the game? did you even watch the first half....kobe was dishing it to parker , setting up nice 3's for him, setting up mihm, brown , and odom for EASY lay up and dunks, kobe even sat out a good part of the second quarter where the other players on the lakers were taking shots with like 19 seconds left on the shot clock......simply put everyone else on the team was OFF straight up. the fact that kobe scored 81 points was amazing , but what people fail to relise that is more amazing is that Kobe BY HIMSELF stopped a whole other team, kobe outscored the whole rapters team , because afterall no one else on the lakers was going to contribute, AND he D'd up the rapters, no one on the raps were getting nice shots the whole second half until it was like almost a 20 point game  and players were being taken out.  Kobe is getting TOO much hate for not being a team player, when the reality is he's a becoming a really good team player.....Tmac is loved and is a HORRID team player, but kobe is hated and is pretty good.... seriously some of you people need to watch your Fox Sports West and Kcal 9

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #145 on: January 26, 2006, 10:12:45 AM »

That's the proof.

Pippen doesn't like Kobe...I think he's bitter at the Jordan comparisons or something. He made a few negetive comments about Kobe this season...Now he wrote out a whole essay...LMAO. He musta' been butt-hurt that Kobe broke the record... :-\

pippen has never liked kobe, when kobe and jordan were going head up back in the day pippen was trash talkin kobe all the time (shaq almost fought pipp because of this,member?) then fast forward to when pippen was on the blazers and kobe had that rib injury... everytime pipp would d up on kobe he'd always attack his ribs and hack at his shoulder then later on in the series he'd try to discredit kobe scoring on him and even tried instigating another fight ( and i think he got a flagrant on kobe, not sure on that though)

anything pippen says about kobe should be ignored because it's all bias

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #146 on: January 26, 2006, 10:13:49 AM »
What if the rules had been changed about hand-checking when Jordan was around...He already killed defenders when they could hold and push him.  Imagine what he would've done if they hadn't been able to.

You guys know that I don't like Kobe, but what he did was impressive.  81 points is 81 points no matter how you look at it.  If he had shot below 50% then yeah, he was being a ballhog but I believe he shot 61% from the field.  That's a damn good percentage from the field considering how many jump shots he took.  However, you could look at it as the Raptors absolutely suck whereas if somebody that could play defense was guarding Kobe...81 would've never happened.

Just look at it like this, Lakers fans can have 81...regular season accomplishments don't mean a goddamned thing if you aren't playing in May and June.

Jordan's game, especially in his younger years, was to break down defenders and penetrate into the paint. Nowadays, that would be more of a task for him with the zone defense rules, because a player can be defending the lane. Kobe is one of the most battered players in the league, EVERY time he takes it in he gets pounded, and only half of those fouls are actually called...Now, Kobe has a REALLY refined jumper. He can rise over 3 players and hit a 3 over all of them in his face with ease. Not many players can do that, in fact, I don't think anyone has ever got that down as well as Kobe...I just believe Pippen was saddened when he saw that Kobe broke Jordans record, he probably was a little disappointed...He ran home and wrote an article to try and discredit Kobe's 81 as much as he could...What Kobe did left a bitter taste in Pippens mouth, and the only way to wash that away is with hatred... :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #147 on: January 26, 2006, 10:19:42 AM »
for whoever said " kobe scoring 81 points is damaging to the developing of the other players on the team"

did you see the game? did you even watch the first half....kobe was dishing it to parker , setting up nice 3's for him, setting up mihm, brown , and odom for EASY lay up and dunks, kobe even sat out a good part of the second quarter where the other players on the lakers were taking shots with like 19 seconds left on the shot clock......simply put everyone else on the team was OFF straight up. the fact that kobe scored 81 points was amazing , but what people fail to relise that is more amazing is that Kobe BY HIMSELF stopped a whole other team, kobe outscored the whole rapters team , because afterall no one else on the lakers was going to contribute, AND he D'd up the rapters, no one on the raps were getting nice shots the whole second half until it was like almost a 20 point game  and players were being taken out.  Kobe is getting TOO much hate for not being a team player, when the reality is he's a becoming a really good team player.....Tmac is loved and is a HORRID team player, but kobe is hated and is pretty good.... seriously some of you people need to watch your Fox Sports West and Kcal 9

Kobe is one of the best team players in the league...His guidance, to me at least, is amazing. His vocal leadership, his will to have the other players perform, it's all great...The hatred comes from people who don't watch Laker games and don't know what the fuck they're talking about. Their only source for the Lakers is BSPN. Then they come in here and make baseless arguments about how Kobe is a ball-hog and how Kobe is not a leader...LOL. I'm sure you know exactly what I mean...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #148 on: January 26, 2006, 10:20:49 AM »

That's the proof.

pippen has never liked kobe, when kobe and jordan were going head up back in the day pippen was trash talkin kobe all the time (shaq almost fought pipp because of this,member?) then fast forward to when pippen was on the blazers and kobe had that rib injury... everytime pipp would d up on kobe he'd always attack his ribs and hack at his shoulder then later on in the series he'd try to discredit kobe scoring on him and even tried instigating another fight ( and i think he got a flagrant on kobe, not sure on that though)

anything pippen says about kobe should be ignored because it's all bias

I'm glad someone knows what's up...Jake, hows the kid?

acbaylove

« Reply #149 on: January 26, 2006, 10:40:45 AM »
It's kinda sad to me cause i've always thought Pippen was a smart player who actually knew how to defend. But what he said about Kobe's 81 points performance is 100% hate. He have no points at all. He blamed the new rules, but fuck it. Like i said zonal defence is way more deadly that phisical defence for a guard. Toronto defended man-to-man, then they doubled Kobe, then they used big guys against him trying to contest his jumpshots, they even tried zonal defence. But nothing worked. You gotta give Kobe credits for that performance. If you want to blame the new (?) rules, do it in another article. Shit, that's horrible to me. Pippen used to be like a hero for me, cause he was a true defender, and i love defenders. But his comments was straight bullshit. He lost all his credits to me. What's the next step? To diss Tex Winter cause he placed Kobe in his All-Winter Team instead of Jordan? To diss Phil cause he said that that performance was something Jordan has never done in his career in a single match? To diss Buss cause he chosed Bryant over Shaq?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 10:42:39 AM by ACB »