Author Topic: KOOOBBBEEE  (Read 9225 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: KOOOBBBEEE
« Reply #150 on: January 26, 2006, 10:55:37 AM »
anybody read wut Carter said bout it?
here's the article if u havent:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5275220

More on what Carter said:

An L.A. media contingent surrounded Vince Carter before the game and asked him to clarify his remarks about Kobe Bryant's 81-point game last Sunday. Carter, who thought he already made it clear that the achievement was great for the league and not so great for kids to try to emulate, was flummoxed to learn that he had been criticized by TV sportswriters and Phil Jackson.

"I wasn't trying to put down what was accomplished," Carter explained. "What was said was that kids who think they can score 81 in a high school game, they can't. There's only one guy who can do that -- besides Wilt -- and he already did that. They think they can be Kobe Bryant, and they can't."

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #151 on: January 26, 2006, 10:57:44 AM »
It's kinda sad to me cause i've always thought Pippen was a smart player who actually knew how to defend. But what he said about Kobe's 81 points performance is 100% hate. He have no points at all. He blamed the new rules, but fuck it. Like i said zonal defence is way more deadly that phisical defence for a guard. Toronto defended man-to-man, then they doubled Kobe, then they used big guys against him trying to contest his jumpshots, they even tried zonal defence. But nothing worked. You gotta give Kobe credits for that performance. If you want to blame the new (?) rules, do it in another article. Shit, that's horrible to me. Pippen used to be like a hero for me, cause he was a true defender, and i love defenders. But his comments was straight bullshit. He lost all his credits to me. What's the next step? To diss Tex Winter cause he placed Kobe in his All-Winter Team instead of Jordan? To diss Phil cause he said that that performance was something Jordan has never done in his career in a single match? To diss Buss cause he chosed Bryant over Shaq?

ToNe is gunna come in here and say something along the lines of "No one hates on Kobe! It's all in the Laker fans minds. You guys are paranoid, everyone loves Kobe...I've never seen Kobe getting hated on."...Just watch. LOL.

acbaylove

« Reply #152 on: January 26, 2006, 11:00:16 AM »
It's kinda sad to me cause i've always thought Pippen was a smart player who actually knew how to defend. But what he said about Kobe's 81 points performance is 100% hate. He have no points at all. He blamed the new rules, but fuck it. Like i said zonal defence is way more deadly that phisical defence for a guard. Toronto defended man-to-man, then they doubled Kobe, then they used big guys against him trying to contest his jumpshots, they even tried zonal defence. But nothing worked. You gotta give Kobe credits for that performance. If you want to blame the new (?) rules, do it in another article. Shit, that's horrible to me. Pippen used to be like a hero for me, cause he was a true defender, and i love defenders. But his comments was straight bullshit. He lost all his credits to me. What's the next step? To diss Tex Winter cause he placed Kobe in his All-Winter Team instead of Jordan? To diss Phil cause he said that that performance was something Jordan has never done in his career in a single match? To diss Buss cause he chosed Bryant over Shaq?

ToNe is gunna come in here and say something along the lines of "No one hates on Kobe! It's all in the Laker fans minds. You guys are paranoid, everyone loves Kobe...I've never seen Kobe getting hated on."...Just watch. LOL.

I don't give a fuck, man. Pippen was wrong because what he said is tecnically wrong. And had nothing to do with the game anyway.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #153 on: January 26, 2006, 11:05:08 AM »

I don't give a fuck, man. Pippen was wrong because what he said is tecnically wrong. And had nothing to do with the game anyway.

Yup. That's basically the same thing I was saying...Pippens bitterness is WAY too obvious.

acbaylove

« Reply #154 on: January 26, 2006, 11:07:15 AM »
More on what Carter said:

An L.A. media contingent surrounded Vince Carter before the game and asked him to clarify his remarks about Kobe Bryant's 81-point game last Sunday. Carter, who thought he already made it clear that the achievement was great for the league and not so great for kids to try to emulate, was flummoxed to learn that he had been criticized by TV sportswriters and Phil Jackson.

"I wasn't trying to put down what was accomplished," Carter explained. "What was said was that kids who think they can score 81 in a high school game, they can't. There's only one guy who can do that -- besides Wilt -- and he already did that. They think they can be Kobe Bryant, and they can't."

Another moron making nonsense at all.

Vince Carter? Are you fucking kidding me? Carter? The one who intentionally played bad for his own team just cause he wanted to get traded? The one who basically forced a team who was totally built around him to trade him? For nothing? Destroying the team? Disrespecting everybody including the city of Toronto? This guy is talking about kids watching?

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #155 on: January 26, 2006, 01:28:47 PM »

U act as if theres this huge group of people on here that arent Laker fans...that agree with u lol. You are obviously going to be biased...youre a Kobe fan. Like i said, you would defend this guy if he raped your mom. Like i said, u have this double standard. You cant call anyone who makes a negative comment about Kobe a hater...and at the same time claim you arent a dickrider for acting as if he's perfect. Its one or the other....either the people who say negative things are haters, and you and others like you are dickriders. OR, they arent haters...and you arent a dickrider. One or the other, chose. Ive had a million posts saying something positive about this guy, AND something negative....and all you can come up with is "youre a Kobe hater" LOL. Thats 12 yr old man. Id expect it from that "Wow im really gay cus i have my favorite ball player as my screename" kid....but cmon NIK, you should know better.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #156 on: January 26, 2006, 03:43:12 PM »

U act as if theres this huge group of people on here that arent Laker fans...that agree with u lol. You are obviously going to be biased...youre a Kobe fan. Like i said, you would defend this guy if he raped your mom. Like i said, u have this double standard. You cant call anyone who makes a negative comment about Kobe a hater...and at the same time claim you arent a dickrider for acting as if he's perfect. Its one or the other....either the people who say negative things are haters, and you and others like you are dickriders. OR, they arent haters...and you arent a dickrider. One or the other, chose. Ive had a million posts saying something positive about this guy, AND something negative....and all you can come up with is "youre a Kobe hater" LOL. Thats 12 yr old man. Id expect it from that "Wow im really gay cus i have my favorite ball player as my screename" kid....but cmon NIK, you should know better.

I am not biased, at least not completely...When I see flaws in Kobe's game I point 'em out...Just like when he was shooting a low percentage 3ball earlier in the season, I said he should work on it. Not surprisingly, his 3P% has risen since then. I don't think Kobe is perfect, I just think he's the closest thing on the court to perfect. But nobody's really perfect...are they? You guys are haters beause if LeBron scored 81, you'd be the first ones to say "Kobe would've never been able to do this", "LeBron will definitely surpass Jordan", and all sorts of stupid shit like that...Since it's Kobe, you HAVE to find a way to give the accomplishment less credit than it really deserves...It never fails to amaze me, never...PeACe

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #157 on: January 26, 2006, 03:55:08 PM »

I am not biased, at least not completely...When I see flaws in Kobe's game I point 'em out...Just like when he was shooting a low percentage 3ball earlier in the season, I said he should work on it. Not surprisingly, his 3P% has risen since then. I don't think Kobe is perfect, I just think he's the closest thing on the court to perfect. But nobody's really perfect...are they? You guys are haters beause if LeBron scored 81, you'd be the first ones to say "Kobe would've never been able to do this", "LeBron will definitely surpass Jordan", and all sorts of stupid shit like that...Since it's Kobe, you HAVE to find a way to give the accomplishment less credit than it really deserves...It never fails to amaze me, never...PeACe

u act like im really into Lebron lol. i dont see lebron scoring 81 ever....but i also dont see him shooting that much to score 81. he isnt that kind of player, he scores...but still likes to get his teammates involved. I dont know who will surpass Jordan, or if anyone will for decades. But like i said before, Lebron isnt comparible to Jordan....Kobe either. Jordan had the offensive ability of Kobe, but far better defense. And he had the ability to make his teammates better like Lebron. Like ive said, u seen me give kobe props on different aspects of his game a million times....but that doesnt mean i wont say whats wrong with his game also. Obviously, like you agreed, he's not perfect. I dont think he's the closest thing to perfect in the league by ANY means. But i dont think any one player is. They all play slightly different. if you want to say Kobe is the best scorer in the league, u might have an argument. But is he the best leader? Not close. Is he the best defender? Definetely not. So theres noway to say whos "closest to perfect". Ill give u this...he's the closest thing to perfect on the Lakers  ;D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2006, 04:12:44 PM »

u act like im really into Lebron lol. i dont see lebron scoring 81 ever....but i also dont see him shooting that much to score 81. he isnt that kind of player, he scores...but still likes to get his teammates involved. I dont know who will surpass Jordan, or if anyone will for decades. But like i said before, Lebron isnt comparible to Jordan....Kobe either. Jordan had the offensive ability of Kobe, but far better defense. And he had the ability to make his teammates better like Lebron. Like ive said, u seen me give kobe props on different aspects of his game a million times....but that doesnt mean i wont say whats wrong with his game also. Obviously, like you agreed, he's not perfect. I dont think he's the closest thing to perfect in the league by ANY means. But i dont think any one player is. They all play slightly different. if you want to say Kobe is the best scorer in the league, u might have an argument. But is he the best leader? Not close. Is he the best defender? Definetely not. So theres noway to say whos "closest to perfect". Ill give u this...he's the closest thing to perfect on the Lakers  ;D

See, this is where you're wrong. If LeBron likes to get his teammates involved, Kobe LOVES to get his teammates involved. It's just that Kobe's teammates DON'T. Kobe gets them touches, shit, even if you watched the 81 point game, he was setting everyone up for easy looks. And as for his defense defenitely not being the best in the league, well, Jordan wasn't even the best defender on his team. He had Pippen for SO MUCH defensive help. Plus, Kobe is the best perimiter defender in the league, so yes, his defense is as good as it has to be... It's obvious to me that you haven't payed close attention to Kobe's growth as a player in the NBA. It's pretty obvious to me that you base your opinion on ESPN highlights and analysts. Oh yea, lets not forget Sir Charles...I know that deep down inside you know exactly what I mean...PeACe

acbaylove

« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2006, 04:22:44 PM »
What exactly "Jordan had the ability to make teammates better" bullshit means? That's only an american paranoia, probably made by the media to dickride Jordan and to defend his legacy. But to tell you the truth the only player i've seen making his teammates play better than their real potential is Magic Johnson. Period. Don't even try to compare Jordan with Magic, under this aspect of the game. Jordan was a scorer. And a defender. Maybe the most complete one. But he was pretty arrogant too. He had fights in pratice with other teammates. He has always disrespected Kukoc. He was never been nice with Rodman. But you know, his life is like a Disney movie for the US media.. he looks like Jesus, lol. Like if he did miracles, like if he was perfect, like the other teammates were nuthing without Jordan. Bullshit. When he retired the first (!) time, the Bulls probably played the best triangle ever. And Phil had his best season ever as a coach imo. Remember that. Give Kobe some props. Jordan at 27 wasn't that good. And he didn't have a ring. Period. Oh, and Jordan at 27 had 3 NBA All-Defensive First Team selections. Kobe at 27 had the same selections plus a 2nd team. So stop hating. Kobe's defence can only improve, but it's already All-Defensive First Team material.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 04:37:27 PM by ACB »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #160 on: January 26, 2006, 04:30:05 PM »
I've always said that players dont win rings on their own.  It's no secret that the biggest piece in the 6 titles from the Bulls has been Jordan.  And it's also no secret that if you take that importance in the 3 titles the Lakers won in terms of percentage for Shaq and Kobe...it would be Shaq 55% /  Kobe 45% .  Or heck even way closer than that.  And until Kobe becomes the biggest imporant piece in a title, he will always be seen 2nd to Jordan

acbaylove

« Reply #161 on: January 26, 2006, 04:37:14 PM »
I've always said that players dont win rings on their own.  It's no secret that the biggest piece in the 6 titles from the Bulls has been Jordan.  And it's also no secret that if you take that importance in the 3 titles the Lakers won in terms of percentage for Shaq and Kobe...it would be Shaq 55% /  Kobe 45% .  Or heck even way closer than that.  And until Kobe becomes the biggest imporant piece in a title, he will always be seen 2nd to Jordan

But to do it he needs a Pippen, a Rodman, a Shaq....
Nobody can win a ring alone.
Not even Jordan.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #162 on: January 26, 2006, 04:44:25 PM »
Then the time has to wait until he has a better team around him. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #163 on: January 26, 2006, 04:47:21 PM »

Shaq was maybe 55% of the first title...By the 3rd title, Shaq was fat and out of shape, and kobe was doing at least 75% of the work. Anyone remember after those playoff games where Shaq would speak to the media and say "Kobe is the best player in the world. Period", "Kobe is the best player I've seen", etc. etc...Trust me, Kobe has done his share, and he still has years ahead of him to excel even further...

acbaylove

« Reply #164 on: January 26, 2006, 05:10:12 PM »
Then the time has to wait until he has a better team around him.

They just miss a piece of the puzzle, man.
They're like Detroit before Rasheed.
Anyway Jordan had to wait 7 seasons to win his first ring.
Kobe is still in his second non-Shaq season.
But he already have 3 rings.