Author Topic: KOOOBBBEEE  (Read 9222 times)

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
Re: KOOOBBBEEE
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2006, 07:46:33 PM »
thats just an amazing feat, props to kobe, fuck anyone tryin to hate on it
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2006, 08:20:18 PM »
Watch what happens in one of the upcoming games. Kobe will be in the whole game and the rest of the players will pass the ball to him everytime they get possesion of the ball and they make sure he scores all of their points and the "unthinkable" happens 101 points. I see exactly that about to go down.

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2006, 08:51:35 PM »
I fucking swear one of these days Kobe will hit a 100 or 0ver

The headling of LA Times will read:

KOBE: 126  Hawks: 83
 ;D

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2006, 09:12:30 PM »
Not a Kobe fan at all. But Jesus Christ. Amazing.

Glendale

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2006, 10:10:27 PM »
"Got niggas head's dividin faster than nerds at a calculus convention/see i school niggas, then i afterschool niggas like detention." -  Ras Kass   

"You got Soldiers, but you still Gotta respect ours, We got more 'Four Fives and Nines' than A deck of cards" - L. Banks

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2006, 10:48:25 PM »
gotta give props but i don't like seeing ESPN and comparing Kobe to Jordan.  IMO kobe is no where near jordan, yeah back in the 80's jordan might have been a ball hogger but once he learned the triangle offense that all changed.  with a team playing in that kind of offense it's hard for any player to score even close to 81 points.  kobe scores so much because he and the lakers suck at using the triangle so it's a one man team.  the triangle offense is designed to share the ball around not just focus on one player.  last but not least, kobe scoring 81 not only shows he's a great talent but it also shows the lakers as a team pretty much suck.  don't talk to me about playoff when you need a 81 point preformance by kobe just to get by the Raptors.  kobe scored more than the other lakers combined which shows the lack of talent and skill on that basketball team.  playoffs yeah maybe but anywhere past the first round i don't see that happening.  i must say it was impressive.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2006, 10:58:36 PM »
damn, was the rest of his team just standin there watching?

obviously u havent been watching them all year? lol crazy performance tho. im suprised Phil kept him in after he got to 72. As for whoever spoke on the playoffs...his team will need to do more to win then if they make it. Its obvious they will need a more complete team effort to win in the playoffs. u cant just count on Kobe to score half of your points every game, especially in the playoffs when you play 7 game series'.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2006, 11:41:42 PM »
gotta give props but i don't like seeing ESPN and comparing Kobe to Jordan.  IMO kobe is no where near jordan, yeah back in the 80's jordan might have been a ball hogger but once he learned the triangle offense that all changed.  with a team playing in that kind of offense it's hard for any player to score even close to 81 points.  kobe scores so much because he and the lakers suck at using the triangle so it's a one man team.  the triangle offense is designed to share the ball around not just focus on one player.  last but not least, kobe scoring 81 not only shows he's a great talent but it also shows the lakers as a team pretty much suck.  don't talk to me about playoff when you need a 81 point preformance by kobe just to get by the Raptors.  kobe scored more than the other lakers combined which shows the lack of talent and skill on that basketball team.  playoffs yeah maybe but anywhere past the first round i don't see that happening.  i must say it was impressive.

WTF?...Kobe is just the primary offensive threat in the triangle offense, that doesn't mean the offense isn't running. And the Laker team defense is currently performing great, which you seemed to overlook...Jordan has shot well over 40 shots many times, before his prime, in his prime, and past his prime...He's never cracked 80 though...Not saying Kobe is better, but he's DEFINITELY the closest thing, and who knows what the future holds for him? Basically, the hate in here is digusting. Players like Iverson, LeBron, McGrady, Wilkins, Carter etc. dream of cracking 65, let alone 80...It's just amazing, nothing can follow that. Just amazing. Period.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2006, 11:43:26 PM »

obviously u havent been watching them all year? lol crazy performance tho. im suprised Phil kept him in after he got to 72. As for whoever spoke on the playoffs...his team will need to do more to win then if they make it. Its obvious they will need a more complete team effort to win in the playoffs. u cant just count on Kobe to score half of your points every game, especially in the playoffs when you play 7 game series'.

Laker defense + Kobe offense = strong playoff team

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2006, 12:26:37 AM »

i dunno about all that lol. i think on any given game, they can be dangerous.  But like i said, and you know this, the playoffs are SUCH a different game then the regular season. Against a good defensive team, the clamps will be on the Lakers real tight. The idea, "we dont care if Kobe scores 45 points, because we'll hold the rest of the team to 35". One man wont win a playoff series...itll take the whole team, and to expect these guys to perform at that level for 4-7 games strait against an upper level team is too much. Especially if they play against an experienced playoff team. In a 7 game series...no way. I know youre a fan man, so its cool. But you gotta admit, thats getting a little ahead of yourself. Making it to the playoffs this year is an accomplishment for this team.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2006, 12:27:48 AM »
i just rewatched the game

kobe could have EASILY had 12 assists in that game

mihm missed like three easy lay ups from a kobe dish
parker pissed 2 easy shots
odom missed  2 or 3
brown missed one layup
and there were a couple more "c'mon guys" kobe DID pass the ball

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2006, 12:52:59 AM »

odom missed  2 or 3
brown missed one layup

u know im not a Kobe fan. But, like the Dallas game...at least they won. If they would have lost, there might be some criticism of him not passing. But since they won its a not a big issue for that game. I know a lotta people here worship Kobe n all so anything negative about him, cant even be imagined. But for his passing, and a real Laker fan would have to admit this, he should try and set up teammates more from the perimeter. I noticed that Kobe tends to try and set up other players more when he drives to the basket....which is good also cus it breaks down the defense. BUT, ive played with players like that...and believe me, it IS frustrating. It gives other players the impression that he only wants to pass if he can get an assist out of it. I think (Jordan did this alot) that the Lakers would be a far more dangerous if when Kobe came off those screens and curled out to the three point line....around the elbow, he found an open man either cutting to the basket or wide open in the corner for a little 15 foot jumper. You see, that when Kobe curls around those screens (especially if he's hot), he'll have two men on him when he launches a fade-away three. Thats a perfect opportunity to pass the ball instead. You have 3 men from the other team, guarding 4 of yours. And 2 of the defenders are all the way out on the three point line sticking Kobe (thinking he's going to shoot), without any chance of recovering on D if he hits a cutter. Plus, what will happen is this. At some point....when he hits those open guys and they knock down a couple shots, teams will stop following him out on those threes, and wont double him as much because they cant give up wide open shots to the other guys. And Kobe will have more one on one opportunities. All around it would be better for u guys.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2006, 01:00:50 AM »

i dunno about all that lol. i think on any given game, they can be dangerous.  But like i said, and you know this, the playoffs are SUCH a different game then the regular season. Against a good defensive team, the clamps will be on the Lakers real tight. The idea, "we dont care if Kobe scores 45 points, because we'll hold the rest of the team to 35". One man wont win a playoff series...itll take the whole team, and to expect these guys to perform at that level for 4-7 games strait against an upper level team is too much. Especially if they play against an experienced playoff team. In a 7 game series...no way. I know youre a fan man, so its cool. But you gotta admit, thats getting a little ahead of yourself. Making it to the playoffs this year is an accomplishment for this team.

Well, I have no doubts in Odom, who led the Heat to the second round of the playoffs and was the only upnote of the 2004 Olympic squad. I have no doubts in Phil Jacksons playoff resume. I have no doubts in experienced veteren leadership off the bench (Devean George, Aaron McKie, Medvedenko, etc.). And last of all, I have no doubts in our starters who are just now starting to prove themselves and will have a chance to excel in their first playoff appearance (Smush, Kwame, Mihm)...I believe in the Lakers, I believe they can excel in the playoffs if performing to their standards.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2006, 01:03:17 AM »

odom missed  2 or 3
brown missed one layup

u know im not a Kobe fan. But, like the Dallas game...at least they won. If they would have lost, there might be some criticism of him not passing. But since they won its a not a big issue for that game. I know a lotta people here worship Kobe n all so anything negative about him, cant even be imagined. But for his passing, and a real Laker fan would have to admit this, he should try and set up teammates more from the perimeter. I noticed that Kobe tends to try and set up other players more when he drives to the basket....which is good also cus it breaks down the defense. BUT, ive played with players like that...and believe me, it IS frustrating. It gives other players the impression that he only wants to pass if he can get an assist out of it. I think (Jordan did this alot) that the Lakers would be a far more dangerous if when Kobe came off those screens and curled out to the three point line....around the elbow, he found an open man either cutting to the basket or wide open in the corner for a little 15 foot jumper. You see, that when Kobe curls around those screens (especially if he's hot), he'll have two men on him when he launches a fade-away three. Thats a perfect opportunity to pass the ball instead. You have 3 men from the other team, guarding 4 of yours. And 2 of the defenders are all the way out on the three point line sticking Kobe (thinking he's going to shoot), without any chance of recovering on D if he hits a cutter. Plus, what will happen is this. At some point....when he hits those open guys and they knock down a couple shots, teams will stop following him out on those threes, and wont double him as much because they cant give up wide open shots to the other guys. And Kobe will have more one on one opportunities. All around it would be better for u guys.

LMAO...You're telling us how Kobe should play his game? I think he's doing just fine, and I trust his basketball judgement over yours...

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2006, 01:05:42 AM »

Well, I have no doubts in Odom, who led the Heat to the second round of the playoffs and was the only upnote of the 2004 Olympic squad. I have no doubts in Phil Jacksons playoff resume. I have no doubts in experienced veteren leadership off the bench (Devean George, Aaron McKie, Medvedenko, etc.). And last of all, I have no doubts in our starters who are just now starting to prove themselves and will have a chance to excel in their first playoff appearance (Smush, Kwame, Mihm)...I believe in the Lakers, I believe they can excel in the playoffs if performing to their standards.

keep hope alive