Author Topic: KOOOBBBEEE  (Read 9220 times)

wcsoldier

Re: KOOOBBBEEE
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2006, 10:30:25 AM »
The biggest clown isn't even Barkley, it's George Karl  WTF  :loco: :grumpy: :yikes:

DENVER - In George Karl’s eyes, Carmelo Anthony’s 37-point performance against Toronto was every bit as impressive as the 81 points Kobe Bryant poured on the Raptors a night earlier.

Maybe a smidgen more amazing, in fact.

Karl’s a big believer that shooting percentage is a better barometer for players than point totals, and Anthony shot a career-best 81.25 percent in leading the Denver Nuggets to their sixth straight win, 107-101 Monday night.
Don’t get him wrong, Karl called Kobe “a superman, he’s a super-human athlete,” but Denver’s coach liked watching his own star shoot an efficient 13-of-16 from the floor much more than he enjoyed watching Bryant burn the Raptors, a game he turned off after the Los Angeles Lakers took the lead, history be damned.

“’Melo was incredible, 13-for-16? Players just don’t do that in this league anymore, and he does,” Karl said. “I just think it shows that if he makes the jump shot, he’s very difficult, if not impossible to cover.”

Anthony’s previous career-best shooting day was 75 percent on 12-for-16 shooting against Golden State last April.

The Raptors were still smarting a day after surrendering Bryant’s 81 points in their 122-104 loss to the Lakers. After watching the film in the morning, Toronto put its embarrassment behind and gave the Nuggets a good game.

But whether it was Kobe’s 81 points or ’Melo’s 81 percentage points, it equaled a loss just the same.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2006, 10:34:00 AM »
LOL...He's tryna build confidence in 'Melo, he knows damn well the 81 points is way more amazing than anything Carmelo will EVER do.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2006, 10:35:28 AM »
Finally i’ve watched the game. Well, it was been the most incredible performance i’ve ever seen by an NBA player. Period. It’s not only the fact he scored 81 points, it’s how he scored them. He had a pretty good game in the first half, but still the Lakers were struggling and loosing. At home. Once again. Against a supposed-to-be-wack team. So he took the team over his shoulders in the second half, and he started to make the shots his teammates werent making. He scored 27 and 28 points in 2 quarters, litterally winning the game alone and outscoring the Raptors by himself. Impressive performance, and impressive “message” sent to the rest of the League. Way better than the one he sent by elbowing Miller (remember the post-game press conference?). That’s the Kobe i admire, and that’s the player who can get his first MVP throphy.

About the Jordan vs Bryant thing.. Don't get me wrong: i admire Michael Jordan, and i think he's truly a living legend, probably the 2nd best NBA player ever. But i really don't get it when you try to make it looks like if he was unselfish, or perfect. Jordan has led the NBA in field goals attemped for 10 seasons, a record. He has a career average of 22.8 field goals attemps per game against Kobe's 17.8 (it's 25.1 in the Playoff). In the 1987-88 season, he made 2279 shots: only Chamberlain in NBA history has shot more than him in a season. He shot 49 times against Orlando in 1992 (he was almost 30, so pretty mature both phisically and menthally). What i mean is that i understand that you guys remember Jordan for the last 3 season, where he menthally dominated the game, but please don't make it looks like he was a robot, or an UFO. He was a scorer. And i'm sure he dreamed about an 81-points game too. So many times.

So true...
i can bet that if shaq wasnt there for his whole career besides these past two seasons that kobes FG attempts would be WAY HIGHER!... there just isnt a comparison they are both there own players.... and so far jordan is the better player kobe still in the league so everyone has to wait til its all said and done.... and kobe needs to earn those championships as the leader of the team before you can start comparing...... get some league MVP's and Finals MVP's and a few more things before it can even be considered... two different players even tho they got similar playing styles

I bet I bet I bet...You were the one who made that dumbass comment that Kobe wasn't up there on Larry Bird's level. You're too much of a Laker fan to be a Jordan dick-rider, and I wouldn't wanna say it the other way around. Bottom line is, Kobe is the closest thing we've seen to Jordan, and if he doesn't surpass Jordan by the time it's all said and done, I'd honestly be surprised...It seems to me like you don't want him surpassing Jordan or something, or as if you think it'd be blasphemy to mention them in the same sentence...As a Laker fan, you should hope that Kobe can one day exceed Jordan's level of play, and let me tell you something, he's not that far away...
lol... always hahha you are halarious man... you need to relax sometimes sound like you always mad and streesed out......but anyway its all a matter of opinion and your too fixed on yours is always right when it comes to Kobe and laker shit ...but its all good because thats your opinion.... i agreed he is a great player plenty of times... but comparing shit like FG attempts and shit like that is all based on a shit load of Variables and Shaq being on your team for your whole career is a HUGE variable.... i hope he proves that he can win some championships... cause that means the lakers win championships but what i do disagree on is on your comment that states "he's not that far away" its all a matter of opinion there is a long list of accomplishments he has to surpass than just 81 point game... dont get me wrong thats fuckin amazing but there is a list of accomplishments that jordan has that will put Kobe's to shame "right now" and thats why i said you must all wait til its all said and done because as of right now i just dont see it happening but hes gettin there and thats great....

http://www.nba.com/jordan/list_honors.html

Michael Jordan's Honors

NBA 50th Anniversary All-Time Team (1996)
 Member of six NBA championship teams (1991-93, 1996-98)

Five-time NBA Most Valuable Player (1988, 1991-92, 1996, 1998)

Six-time NBA Finals Most Valuable Player (1991-93, 1996-98)

Ten-time All-NBA First Team (1987-93, 1996-98)

All-NBA Second team (1985)

Nine-time NBA All-Defensive First Team (1987-93, 1996-98)

NBA Defensive Player of the Year (1988)

NBA Rookie of the Year (1985)

NBA All-Rookie Team (1985)

Two-time IBM Award winner, for all-around contribution to team's success (1985, 1989)

Three-time NBA All-Star Game MVP (1988, 1996, 1998)

Participated in 11 NBA All-Star Games (1985, 1987-1993, 1996-98), starting 10 times, and missed another due to injury

Holds the NBA All-Star Game career record for highest scoring average (21.3 ppg)

Recorded only triple-double in All-Star Game history, with 14 points, 11 rebounds and 11 assists, in the 1997 NBA All-Star Game in Cleveland

Won the Nestle Crunch Slam Dunk in 1987 and 1988, also participating in 1985

Passed Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to become the NBA's all-time leading playoff scorer (5,762 points) during the 1998 Eastern Conference Finals

Passed Dennis Johnson into fourth place on the NBA's all-time playoff assists list (1,006), in an 88-83 victory over the Indiana Pacers in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals in 1997-98

Scored his 29,000th career point, posting a game-high 41 points, 6 rebounds and 4 assists, in a 107-93 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves on 4/3

Broke Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's NBA record by scoring in double-digits for the 788th consecutive game, scoring a game-high 33 points, against the Minnesota Timberwolves on 12/30/97

Scored a career-high 69 points in a 117-113 overtime win at Cleveland on 3/28/90

Chicago Bulls all-time leader in scoring (29,277 points), assists (5,012) and steals (2,306)

Holds the NBA record for most seasons leading league in scoring -- 10; highest points per game average (minimum 400 games or 10,000 points) -- 31.5; most seasons leading league in field goals made -- 10; and most seasons leading league in field goals attempted -- 10

Shares the NBA career record for most seasons with 2,000 or more points -- 11; and most consecutive seasons leading league in scoring --7 (1986-87 through 1992-93)

Holds single-game records for most free throws made in one half -- 20 (December 30, 1992, at Miami); and most free-throws attempted in one half -- 23 (December 30, 1992, at Miami)

Shares single-game records for most free throws made in one quarter -- 14 (December 30, 1992, at Miami); and most free-throws attempted in one quarter -- 16 (December 30, 1992, at Miami)

Holds the NBA Finals record for highest single-series scoring average -- 41.0 ppg (1993)

Holds NBA Finals record for most three-point field goals made -- 42; and most consecutive games with 20 or more points -- 35 (June 2, 1991-June 14, 1998)

Holds the NBA Finals single-game record for most points in one half -- 35 (June 3, 1992 vs. Portland)

Shares NBA Finals single-game records for most field goals made in one half -- 14; and most three-point field goals made in one half -- 6 (June 3, 1992, vs. Portland); most free throws made in one quarter -- 9 (June 11, 1997 vs. Utah); and most free throws attempted in one half -- 15 (June 4, 1997, vs. Utah)

Holds the NBA Playoffs record for most points -- 5,987; highest points-per-game average (minimum 25 games or 625 points) -- 33.4 ppg; most field goals attempted -- 4,497; most free throws made -- 1,463; most free throws attempted -- 1,766; and most steals -- 376

Scored a career playoff-high 63 points against the Boston Celtics on 4/20/86, setting an NBA record for most points in a playoff game

Holds single-game playoff records for most free throws made in one quarter -- 13; and most free throws attempted in one quarter -- 14 (May 21, 1991, vs. Detroit)

Shares single-game playoff records for most field goals made -- 24 (May 1, 1998, vs. Cleveland); most field goals attempted in one half -- 25 (May 1, 1988, vs. Cleveland); and most three-point field goals made in one half -- 6 (June 6, 1992, vs. Portland)

Recorded two playoff career triple-doubles, both against the New York Knicks (May 9, 1989 and June 2, 1993)

Notched 28th career triple-doubles, the last being a 30 point, 11 rebound and 10 assist effort against the Toronto Raptors on 4/14/97

Member of the gold-medal-winning U.S. Olympic team (1984, 1992)

As a freshman at the University of North Carolina, hit the game-winning shot in the 1982 NCAA Championship game

Named College Player of the Year by The Sporting News in both 1983 and 1984 and won the Naismith and Wooden Awards in 1984

thats the list and its freakin amazing ... im not saying he has to beat all these things cause there are just some that he cant...lol... like College shit... but its quite a list.... kobe is inching at it ...  the most important for me would be for him to win a championship... that will totally change my mind about him.... and i think its bound ot happen in the next few years.... and i hope to see that day.... but he needs to do it first he obviously has the potential but i want to see him lead his team to a championship.... that is going to be the ultimate bitch slap to all the critics but thats what everybody wants in reality.....

acbaylove

« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2006, 10:41:57 AM »
Finally i’ve watched the game. Well, it was been the most incredible performance i’ve ever seen by an NBA player. Period. It’s not only the fact he scored 81 points, it’s how he scored them. He had a pretty good game in the first half, but still the Lakers were struggling and loosing. At home. Once again. Against a supposed-to-be-wack team. So he took the team over his shoulders in the second half, and he started to make the shots his teammates werent making. He scored 27 and 28 points in 2 quarters, litterally winning the game alone and outscoring the Raptors by himself. Impressive performance, and impressive “message” sent to the rest of the League. Way better than the one he sent by elbowing Miller (remember the post-game press conference?). That’s the Kobe i admire, and that’s the player who can get his first MVP throphy.

About the Jordan vs Bryant thing.. Don't get me wrong: i admire Michael Jordan, and i think he's truly a living legend, probably the 2nd best NBA player ever. But i really don't get it when you try to make it looks like if he was unselfish, or perfect. Jordan has led the NBA in field goals attemped for 10 seasons, a record. He has a career average of 22.8 field goals attemps per game against Kobe's 17.8 (it's 25.1 in the Playoff). In the 1987-88 season, he made 2279 shots: only Chamberlain in NBA history has shot more than him in a season. He shot 49 times against Orlando in 1992 (he was almost 30, so pretty mature both phisically and menthally). What i mean is that i understand that you guys remember Jordan for the last 3 season, where he menthally dominated the game, but please don't make it looks like he was a robot, or an UFO. He was a scorer. And i'm sure he dreamed about an 81-points game too. So many times.

So true...
i can bet that if shaq wasnt there for his whole career besides these past two seasons that kobes FG attempts would be WAY HIGHER!... there just isnt a comparison they are both there own players.... and so far jordan is the better player kobe still in the league so everyone has to wait til its all said and done.... and kobe needs to earn those championships as the leader of the team before you can start comparing...... get some league MVP's and Finals MVP's and a few more things before it can even be considered... two different players even tho they got similar playing styles

I wasn't really comparing them.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2006, 10:43:35 AM »
More quotes...

"That's wild," Bird told the Indianapolis Star. "That is really wild. That's a lot of points, I'm telling you. There's no question how good he is, but when you start throwing numbers around like that, it's unbelievable. It would be hard to believe if you didn't know it was true."
-- Larry Bird

"You give the same amount of shots to everybody else and they're not making that many, I know it. Players are jealous of greatness. Kobe is a unique talent and a unique person."
-- Jerry West

"I couldn't sleep. It was just an amazing thing. I must have woken up 20 times going, 'That guy just got 81.' "
-- Raptors GM Rob Babcock

"I watched everything. I watched it on Good Morning America, I was up all night. When you're contesting those jumpers, it's tough to watch. But you have to, you've got to deal with it. The last two or three minutes, should you go clothes-line the guy? Did I think about it? Yeah, I thought about it. That would be just as much being a bad sport and a hater. You have to suck it up and take it like a man. I was getting as many calls about his effort as I was getting about anything all year. I turned off my cell. We have to get another game under our belt and then I could check in with the rest of the world unless Carmelo or somebody is about to give us 60 or 70."
--Jalen Rose

"I grabbed the program, the game notes and any other souvenir I could get my hands on before leaving the Staples Center late Sunday night. And I never keep that kind of stuff. But this was different. You sensed you were part of something unbelievable. I wanted a keepsake. I've never been a big individual stats guy. But I've never seen anything like this game. His team was playing like absolute crap and you could see he was mad at halftime. Then he just took the game over. Just like that. At the end, I wasn't thinking so much about the 81 points he scored, not diminishing that in any way. I was thinking he outscored the Raptors 55-41 in the second half all by himself. One guy outscored an entire team. Think about that."
--Raptors broadcaster, national team coach, and former player Leo Rautins

acbaylove

« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2006, 10:45:34 AM »
By John Celestand

John Celestand the former Laker player? Damn he's a really funny guy, i've met him a couple of times when he played here in Italy for Bologna. Pretty nice article, i didn't know he was so good.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2006, 10:49:15 AM »
“’Melo was incredible, 13-for-16? Players just don’t do that in this league anymore, and he does,” Karl said.
But players score 81 points in a game all the time right? ???
I can't even begin to explain how stupd a logic that is.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2006, 10:52:33 AM »

So true...

I bet I bet I bet...You were the one who made that dumbass comment that Kobe wasn't up there on Larry Bird's level. You're too much of a Laker fan to be a Jordan dick-rider, and I wouldn't wanna say it the other way around. Bottom line is, Kobe is the closest thing we've seen to Jordan, and if he doesn't surpass Jordan by the time it's all said and done, I'd honestly be surprised...It seems to me like you don't want him surpassing Jordan or something, or as if you think it'd be blasphemy to mention them in the same sentence...As a Laker fan, you should hope that Kobe can one day exceed Jordan's level of play, and let me tell you something, he's not that far away...
lol... always hahha you are halarious man... you need to relax sometimes sound like you always mad and streesed out......but anyway its all a matter of opinion and your too fixed on yours is always right when it comes to Kobe and laker shit ...but its all good because thats your opinion.... i agreed he is a great player plenty of times... but comparing shit like FG attempts and shit like that is all based on a shit load of Variables and Shaq being on your team for your whole career is a HUGE variable.... i hope he proves that he can win some championships... cause that means the lakers win championships but what i do disagree on is on your comment that states "he's not that far away" its all a matter of opinion there is a long list of accomplishments he has to surpass than just 81 point game... dont get me wrong thats fuckin amazing but there is a list of accomplishments that jordan has that will put Kobe's to shame "right now" and thats why i said you must all wait til its all said and done because as of right now i just dont see it happening but hes gettin there and thats great....

Michael Jordan's Honors

Two-time IBM Award winner, for all-around contribution to team's success (1985, 1989)

Participated in 11 NBA All-Star Games (1985, 1987-1993, 1996-98), starting 10 times, and missed another due to injury

Holds the NBA All-Star Game career record for highest scoring average (21.3 ppg)

Recorded only triple-double in All-Star Game history, with 14 points, 11 rebounds and 11 assists, in the 1997 NBA All-Star Game in Cleveland

Passed Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to become the NBA's all-time leading playoff scorer (5,762 points) during the 1998 Eastern Conference Finals

Passed Dennis Johnson into fourth place on the NBA's all-time playoff assists list (1,006), in an 88-83 victory over the Indiana Pacers in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals in 1997-98

Scored his 29,000th career point, posting a game-high 41 points, 6 rebounds and 4 assists, in a 107-93 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves on 4/3

Broke Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's NBA record by scoring in double-digits for the 788th consecutive game, scoring a game-high 33 points, against the Minnesota Timberwolves on 12/30/97

Scored a career-high 69 points in a 117-113 overtime win at Cleveland on 3/28/90

Chicago Bulls all-time leader in scoring (29,277 points), assists (5,012) and steals (2,306)

Holds the NBA record for most seasons leading league in scoring -- 10; highest points per game average (minimum 400 games or 10,000 points) -- 31.5; most seasons leading league in field goals made -- 10; and most seasons leading league in field goals attempted -- 10

Shares the NBA career record for most seasons with 2,000 or more points -- 11; and most consecutive seasons leading league in scoring --7 (1986-87 through 1992-93)

Holds single-game records for most free throws made in one half -- 20 (December 30, 1992, at Miami); and most free-throws attempted in one half -- 23 (December 30, 1992, at Miami)

Shares single-game records for most free throws made in one quarter -- 14 (December 30, 1992, at Miami); and most free-throws attempted in one quarter -- 16 (December 30, 1992, at Miami)

Holds the NBA Finals record for highest single-series scoring average -- 41.0 ppg (1993)

Holds NBA Finals record for most three-point field goals made -- 42; and most consecutive games with 20 or more points -- 35 (June 2, 1991-June 14, 1998)

Holds the NBA Finals single-game record for most points in one half -- 35 (June 3, 1992 vs. Portland)

Shares NBA Finals single-game records for most field goals made in one half -- 14; and most three-point field goals made in one half -- 6 (June 3, 1992, vs. Portland); most free throws made in one quarter -- 9 (June 11, 1997 vs. Utah); and most free throws attempted in one half -- 15 (June 4, 1997, vs. Utah)

Holds the NBA Playoffs record for most points -- 5,987; highest points-per-game average (minimum 25 games or 625 points) -- 33.4 ppg; most field goals attempted -- 4,497; most free throws made -- 1,463; most free throws attempted -- 1,766; and most steals -- 376

Scored a career playoff-high 63 points against the Boston Celtics on 4/20/86, setting an NBA record for most points in a playoff game

Holds single-game playoff records for most free throws made in one quarter -- 13; and most free throws attempted in one quarter -- 14 (May 21, 1991, vs. Detroit)

Shares single-game playoff records for most field goals made -- 24 (May 1, 1998, vs. Cleveland); most field goals attempted in one half -- 25 (May 1, 1988, vs. Cleveland); and most three-point field goals made in one half -- 6 (June 6, 1992, vs. Portland)

Recorded two playoff career triple-doubles, both against the New York Knicks (May 9, 1989 and June 2, 1993)

Notched 28th career triple-doubles, the last being a 30 point, 11 rebound and 10 assist effort against the Toronto Raptors on 4/14/97

As a freshman at the University of North Carolina, hit the game-winning shot in the 1982 NCAA Championship game

Named College Player of the Year by The Sporting News in both 1983 and 1984 and won the Naismith and Wooden Awards in 1984

thats the list and its freakin amazing ... im not saying he has to beat all these things cause there are just some that he cant...lol... like College shit... but its quite a list.... kobe is inching at it ...  the most important for me would be for him to win a championship... that will totally change my mind about him.... and i think its bound ot happen in the next few years.... and i hope to see that day.... but he needs to do it first he obviously has the potential but i want to see him lead his team to a championship.... that is going to be the ultimate bitch slap to all the critics but thats what everybody wants in reality.....

Yes. amazing list. Kobe placed in Jordan's shoes (drafted in '84 to the Bulls), I believe, would have accomplished all those feats and probably even surpassed them. I believe Kobe, even now, has a good chance to accomplish more than Jordan did...Like you said, it's all a matter of opinion. The thing that bothers me is that you sound like you have more love for Jordan than you do for Kobe, and you probably do, but the true Laker fans I've met hate Jordan, especially when he used to beat us back in the early 90's, with the hand-switching lay-ups and what not. Don't get me wrong, we all respect Jordan, but as a Laker fan, you should gear your optimism towards Kobe leading the Lakers to many championships in the future and maybe one day surpassing Jordan...Know what I'm saying?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2006, 10:54:39 AM »
By John Celestand

John Celestand the former Laker player? Damn he's a really funny guy, i've met him a couple of times when he played here in Italy for Bologna. Pretty nice article, i didn't know he was so good.

Yup...Very good writer, a lot better at writing than playing, that's for sure...LOL

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2006, 10:56:52 AM »
“’Melo was incredible, 13-for-16? Players just don’t do that in this league anymore, and he does,” Karl said.
But players score 81 points in a game all the time right? ???
I can't even begin to explain how stupd a logic that is.

LMAO, seriously. If you listened to the interview, it seemed like he was tryna keep the focus on Anthony and the game, and not answer questions only about Kobe right after they won...Regradless of the reason, he definitely should have gave Kobe a litttttle more credit than he did...

acbaylove

« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2006, 10:59:23 AM »
By John Celestand

Yup...Very good writer, a lot better at writing than playing, that's for sure...LOL

LOL

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2006, 11:00:20 AM »

So true...

Michael Jordan's Honors

Yes. amazing list. Kobe placed in Jordan's shoes (drafted in '84 to the Bulls), I believe, would have accomplished all those feats and probably even surpassed them. I believe Kobe, even now, has a good chance to accomplish more than Jordan did...Like you said, it's all a matter of opinion. The thing that bothers me is that you sound like you have more love for Jordan than you do for Kobe, and you probably do, but the true Laker fans I've met hate Jordan, especially when he used to beat us back in the early 90's, with the hand-switching lay-ups and what not. Don't get me wrong, we all respect Jordan, but as a Laker fan, you should gear your optimism towards Kobe leading the Lakers to many championships in the future and maybe one day surpassing Jordan...Know what I'm saying?
i do have more love for jordan but i do know what you are saying .... i just loved watching that guy... and maybe its just because i was a kid at the time.... and that shit was just nuts.... but i totally know what you saying.... i dont hope anything tho i just hope he gets us a few more championships.... he is not one of my favorite players that whole break up shit left a sour taste in my mouth but that alone is a whole other topic... so we wont go there... but i sure kobe gets the lakers some more championships we just need a few more keys to the puzzle and its not just players its how kobe plays... but if he finds the right people to gain confidence in then is when he will really shine.... but i know what you are saying i just like jordan better plain and simple and of course im going to defend him as much as you defend kobe its all a matter of opinion.... and i will be one to admit that he is the better player (when/if) he does surpass The almight jordan  ;D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2006, 11:13:36 AM »

So true...

Michael Jordan's Honors

i do have more love for jordan but i do know what you are saying .... i just loved watching that guy... and maybe its just because i was a kid at the time.... and that shit was just nuts.... but i totally know what you saying.... i dont hope anything tho i just hope he gets us a few more championships.... he is not one of my favorite players that whole break up shit left a sour taste in my mouth but that alone is a whole other topic... so we wont go there... but i sure kobe gets the lakers some more championships we just need a few more keys to the puzzle and its not just players its how kobe plays... but if he finds the right people to gain confidence in then is when he will really shine.... but i know what you are saying i just like jordan better plain and simple and of course im going to defend him as much as you defend kobe its all a matter of opinion.... and i will be one to admit that he is the better player (when/if) he does surpass The almight jordan  ;D

It's cool that we are on the same page and that you didn't have to resort to name-calling and self-defense when I spoke on your Kobe/Laker-fan status...you're a cool poster, especially for someone who disagrees with me about many things basketball wise...Like I said when people were saying LeBron would surpass Kobe...Only the future will tell.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2006, 11:27:19 AM »
Is anyone else concerned about the long term effects of this game?

If Kobe dominates the ball so much, how can our other players develop their games, specifically Odom and Kwame? I don't like the trend of our players standing around watching Kobe shoot over a double team. Yeah, lately he's hit some of those shots, but Kobe's teammates defer to Kobe way too much. This needs to change if the Lakers are to have any long term success.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2006, 11:32:05 AM »
Like I said when people were saying LeBron would surpass Kobe...Only the future will tell.

Exactly....is it going to happen? maybe...maybe not...for ppl that side too much with one person think about this....thats good if you have a player that you think is the best....but i mean i'm a big fan of both lebron and kobe....both great players...is kobe better than lebron currently? simply yes...no explanation needed...look at the experience..performances
now will lebron surprass kobe..maybe even one day get more than 81 pts? .i dont know...but thats gonna he hard as hell and QUITE a damn accomplishment
myself personally.. I see lebron might have the potential to do this..am i right? i dont know...in a couple years we will see..for now hes still gotta progress and move on to higher levels as times passes by.....

btw..big ass props to kobe...amazing performance..i was in shock with those numbers...then again if anyone was to do it in this current time era, then it'd be kobe...im surprised that he got so many points..but not that surprised that kobe did it....
and lol @ as soon as someone posts this..someone does a lebron comment....or vice versa about james....
this thread is about kobe for now....to give him props for what he accomplished...
not to just say "lebron cant do this"....this is about kobe..and god damn lol 81 points...