Author Topic: Whats a good place to sell valuable sports cards?  (Read 438 times)

$do11a biLL$

Whats a good place to sell valuable sports cards?
« on: January 23, 2006, 11:35:15 PM »
I cleaned out an apartment for my land lord yesterday and he said i can keep whatever i want that i find out of there and i found a huge box full of sports cards. It had mostly basketball but it had some baseball and football cards too. There were old Shaq, Kobe, Jordan, Iverson, and a shitload of more cards i was looking through that i thought might be valuable and a autographed Troy Percival, and autographed Derek Jeter that i know both are worth something. I have no use for most of these so does anyone know where i can get the most money for these? or if anyone on here is interested in what i got i can list what i got.

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
Re: Whats a good place to sell valuable sports cards?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 11:38:47 PM »
eBay FOO!!!!! :D

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 12:00:32 AM »
the becket marketplace will fetch u much more than eBay, but it might take longer.

not to burst your bubble or anything, but if the cards are signed by the players like in person, they are pretty much not worth much more than the paper that they are printed on.  Unless they came autographed in the pack, as an insert, they arent valuable.  ive been collecting cards since im 3, 1989, and just recently stopped in 2003.  I have tons of game used cards, jerseys pucks bats sticks gloves skates ice dirt, tons of autographs, tons of cards numbered to 100 and less, sever cards that are 1/1's, and none of them are of substantial value.  Certain brand rookie cards do however fetch money, jeters real rookie is worth mad dough, but its not from the 1996 cards that say rookie, his real rookie is upper deck sp 1993.  you gotta know.  but any good rookies u got or any questions, let me know and maybe i can help.

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 12:13:39 AM »
the becket marketplace will fetch u much more than eBay, but it might take longer.

not to burst your bubble or anything, but if the cards are signed by the players like in person, they are pretty much not worth much more than the paper that they are printed on.  Unless they came autographed in the pack, as an insert, they arent valuable.  ive been collecting cards since im 3, 1989, and just recently stopped in 2003.  I have tons of game used cards, jerseys pucks bats sticks gloves skates ice dirt, tons of autographs, tons of cards numbered to 100 and less, sever cards that are 1/1's, and none of them are of substantial value.  Certain brand rookie cards do however fetch money, jeters real rookie is worth mad dough, but its not from the 1996 cards that say rookie, his real rookie is upper deck sp 1993.  you gotta know.  but any good rookies u got or any questions, let me know and maybe i can help.
for some reason i wanna say WTF! did u just say?

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 11:18:39 AM »

Yeah that Jeter card is exactly what you said it was. Hes still in a minor leauge uniform too.

We Fly High

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 11:25:19 AM »
how come the autographs arent worth anything? is it because it is easily obtainable, or what.

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 02:11:54 PM »
how come the autographs arent worth anything? is it because it is easily obtainable, or what.

exactly.  anyone can contact, or go up to a player to get an autographed ball stick bat (which are worth money) but cards and pictures are not.  if i had an extremely rare card, and got it autographed, which i did with a shaquille o'neil rookie once, before i understood this, the card now has no value, and all its worth is the autograph.  it also has to come with a certificate of authenticity, which you can make yourself, and thats legal cause all it states is that you say he really signed it.  autographs that come in packs of cards are worth money because they are hard to get maybe 1 out of 100 packs might be the ratio for some brands, so there is limited quantity and high demand.