Author Topic: DoggPound NEWS album info BET rapcity  (Read 1404 times)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Re: DoggPound NEWS album info BET rapcity
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2006, 03:14:37 PM »
I new DPG would drop the fukkkin ball on this shit

I hope this doesn't break 5,000

you see this people? this is a west coast fan! a west coast fan doesnt want dpg to sell more than 5,000 copies!

now lets pretend this album was produced by dre, soopafly, daz, dj quik, warren g, battlecat, and fred wreck. and only featured snoop, nate dogg, bad azz, rbx, and lady of rage.

then it would deserve to go 4 plats right?

LMAO ahh man i hate yall

LMALAMO

I feel it's going to be wack so it shouldn't sell well, if they deliever o nhwat the fans actaully want then I would want it to go 10x plat
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2006, 04:07:08 PM »
so many yall from the fucking west and u hate on your own shit. fucks sake... its dpg, have a open mind, support the shit or shut up. no one wants to hear you piss and moan about how it doesnt sound like its from '95.

Bigg $amo

« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2006, 04:21:30 PM »
you haters are the reason why they gettin all those features. when they keep it westcoast, westcoast fans dont like it cuz its played out so now theyre like 'fuck it we aint gonna do it for the westcoast cuz they hatin' so now theyre aimin for rap fans period.

Buhda

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2006, 05:32:53 PM »
Some of you are fucking idiots,if you want that street stuff then get the Independent releases.

Daz and Kurupt want some commercial success so they are doing a commercial album, this will give them exposure and allow them to later on bring the whole DPG family with them because sthey will have big names again if all goes to plan, ya'll want the West to blow and then when these guy's ty make a come back you all hate on them for it, well which way do you want it, the West to  get no mainstream shine or what?

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2006, 07:38:59 PM »
WTF??? >:( >:( >:( Puffy, Swizz, and Jazze Pha doing beats? Nelly, David Banner, Paul Wall, and Busta Rhymes guest appearing? Some fuckin reunion album. ::) who the fuck is alkamis? Oh yeah don't give me that bullshit about west coast fans always hating.
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2006, 08:15:20 PM »
its true that yall keep hatin. not everyone, theres a lot of down westside homies, but a lotta yall hate to no end. if daz puts out an independent album thats west coast "o it was garbage hes just not quality anymore". if he puts out somethin like this thats commercially aimed its "o why the fuck is this muthafucka workin with these people". dpg are on their grind right now, so respek their hustle or shut up cus u whinin about it aint gonna do anythin. dig?

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2006, 08:37:18 PM »
i have nothing against a commercial lp but they should pick up better features than nelly, there's a lot of great rappers out there. You can replace nelly with game, puffy with timbaland, jazze phae with dr.dre, david banner with hummm someone like method man and u still got a commercial album but with better features.

DrewDogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Veni Vidi Vici / v3 /
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2006, 10:01:30 PM »
WTF??? >:( >:( >:( Puffy, Swizz, and Jazze Pha doing beats? Nelly, David Banner, Paul Wall, and Busta Rhymes guest appearing? Some fuckin reunion album. ::) who the fuck is alkamis? Oh yeah don't give me that bullshit about west coast fans always hating.

you don't know who Alchemist Is?!!?! fuck man! this dope producer is FROM the west for shitsakes. if my memory serves me correct, he schooled under DJ muggz!

i have nothing against a commercial lp but they should pick up better features than nelly, there's a lot of great rappers out there. You can replace nelly with game, puffy with timbaland, jazze phae with dr.dre, david banner with hummm someone like method man and u still got a commercial album but with better features.

you know what, i gotta agree with this. Mainstream features are understandable. very understandable. but I know these guys could have came with better artists to feature. Game is a very good example. don't tell me they couldn't get Game on a track instead of Nelly. come on now.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2006, 10:06:08 PM »
The only feature I don't like is David Banner. Considering how many people bought his last album (less then 350,000) this is a shitty feature mainstream and talent wise. Why does everyone hate on Nelly? I think he is a little underrated in the lyrics. If only he spitted like he did on country grammer (which he could if he really wanted to) instead of putting out garbage like "grillz". But I'll admit I don't know how well his style would go with DPG.

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2006, 05:22:29 AM »
I think this album has the potential to be a great success. Alchemist has laced the DPG with a dope track in the past - I was really feeling "Hey You", the cut he produced for "Doggystyle All Stars: Welcome To Tha House, Vol. 1". Was a different sound for Snoop, but I think it worked well nonetheless. Also, in my opinion that Swizz Beatz track is hot. Definitely reminds me of Cassidy's "I'm A Hustla" - and considering that was a big hit I guess that's no bad thing. I could definitely see that song blowing up as a single. It's incredibly catchy.

As for Puffy, anyone who remembers the track "Gangsta Shit" that he produced for Snoop knows that he has the ability to bring the best out of Tha Doggfather. That was the best I had heard Snoop flow in a looong time, and if he can generate the same hunger from Daz and Kurupt I'll be more than happy.

As others have suggested, the truth is that Warren, Bad Azz, and Rage don't sell albums. Diddy, Nelly and Busta do. At the end of the day, I can't hate on Tha Pound for utilising these particular artists/producers because DPGC deserve to have an album that performs well and does those numbers.
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2006, 06:22:28 AM »

exactly, but people on this site will calling you a "hater"

Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

dexter

« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2006, 08:16:52 AM »

lmao puffy jacks beats
And Dre doesn't?    NO!  8)

Only gripe is that Nelly is going to be on it. I wonder what Diddy would sound like with Kurupt ghostwriting for him.

Could be good, could be garbage, won't judge until I hear it. I hope the Four Horsemen and the Riflemen are going to be on there too.

I can't hear Puffy going: Diddy, Neo-Sinatra, Saadaam, Bin Landen, Suicide Bomba, Bitch, Bitch, Bitch, Bitch!

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2006, 10:17:18 AM »
i can understand y people may be upset with some of the guests but we will just havee to wait till it drops 2 c what its like

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2006, 10:53:03 AM »

exactly, but people on this site will calling you a "hater"

After hearing the Swizz track you might wanna change your mind.I'd worry more about Daz and Kurupt then Nelly,Busta,David Banner...

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2006, 12:58:11 PM »
when are they on rapcity, cuz i aint seen shit bout that..... i watched that wack show 2 days now hoping they would be on it