Author Topic: Kanye West Poses As Jesus on Rolling Stone Cover  (Read 599 times)

AZ§o§a

• Muthafuckin' OG
Kanye West Poses As Jesus on Rolling Stone Cover
« on: January 24, 2006, 07:53:21 PM »
http://www.hiphopgame.com/news.php3?id=1167

maan i dunno bout all this shii.
whatchu think??

Eihtball

Re: Kanye West Poses As Jesus on Rolling Stone Cover
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 08:03:39 PM »
Oh, for fuck's sake...Kanye's starting to annoy to me now, thinking of himself as a martyr and shit.  I seriously wanna step to him and say, "Look, Kanye, you may have resurrected the forgotten art of soul-sampling in hip-hop, and you may not talk the thug-talk, but that don't make you the dopest nigga rapping OR producing."

And Rolling Stone is, of course, on his dick by now.

We Fly High

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 08:05:23 PM »
haha that little burb was pretty damn funny, "houston we have a problem"

AZ§o§a

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 08:07:57 PM »
yea.. i think he should go back to production...
pop his colar and wear some more Louis Vuitton backpacks.

ThA KiD

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 08:11:17 PM »
first mase now kanye wtf is going on with this shit, god should smit them right now

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 08:20:17 PM »

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 10:12:46 PM »
What does it matter?  People kill people in the name of God everyday in the world, people disobey his commandments and use his name in vain constantly, in the grand scheme of things, Kanye's doing nothing worse than most of us do everyday in the first place.  I'm not a fan of his at all, so I'm not taking up for him.  However, it doesn't take much intelligence or creativity to pose as Jesus on the cover of a magazine.  There's nothing clever or shocking about it, just the attempt to be clever or shocking by someone who's pretty shallow and thinks he's deep.  So when I see that picture, it doesn't shock or disgust or anger me, it just makes me indifferent.  It's the equivalent of say if I were to write a song called "God".  Then I could go around talking about how clever and brave I was to make a song with that title, but in reality it's a simplistic concept that anybody could come up with.  There's a thing called "Couth" which I define as knowing something, but not saying it because it's obvious and unspoken to everyone in the room.  For instance if someone's retarded you don't point at them and go "look, that kid's retarded!".  Everybody knows the kids got issues, why even mention it?  Kanye has no Couth, anybody could pose as Jesus but nobody does because it's just an easy offense most people would realize is just uncreative. 

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 01:47:38 AM »
What does it matter?  People kill people in the name of God everyday in the world, people disobey his commandments and use his name in vain constantly, in the grand scheme of things, Kanye's doing nothing worse than most of us do everyday in the first place.  I'm not a fan of his at all, so I'm not taking up for him.  However, it doesn't take much intelligence or creativity to pose as Jesus on the cover of a magazine.  There's nothing clever or shocking about it, just the attempt to be clever or shocking by someone who's pretty shallow and thinks he's deep.  So when I see that picture, it doesn't shock or disgust or anger me, it just makes me indifferent.  It's the equivalent of say if I were to write a song called "God".  Then I could go around talking about how clever and brave I was to make a song with that title, but in reality it's a simplistic concept that anybody could come up with.  There's a thing called "Couth" which I define as knowing something, but not saying it because it's obvious and unspoken to everyone in the room.  For instance if someone's retarded you don't point at them and go "look, that kid's retarded!".  Everybody knows the kids got issues, why even mention it?  Kanye has no Couth, anybody could pose as Jesus but nobody does because it's just an easy offense most people would realize is just uncreative. 

^^That's exactly right.   Rockafella Records have always been good at marketing their artists.  But I've never felt they were that origional.

Moreover, Kanye doesn't remind me of the conscious artists from hip-hop's past.  To put it simply, Kanye West would have been a "civil rights activist" in the 60's trying sit at the same toilets as white people.  Meanwhile, artists like Nas, Rakim, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Dead Prez, etc., etc., would have been revolutionaries trying to seperate and get their own state or territory.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2006, 02:36:42 AM »
thats just disrepectoin, fuck kanye for that

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life

Theodore

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 04:15:46 AM »
pac doin it is well-grounded i guess ::)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2006, 04:41:58 AM »

Nicely formulated :)

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2006, 05:36:02 AM »

well said, propz for that

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Eihtball

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2006, 08:24:40 AM »
There's nothing clever or shocking about it, just the attempt to be clever or shocking by someone who's pretty shallow and thinks he's deep.  So when I see that picture, it doesn't shock or disgust or anger me, it just makes me indifferent.   

I don't think anybody is taking offense to it in the sense that they're calling it heretical...I think we can agree it's just ridiculous that he thinks he's so much more intelligent and underrated than he is.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2006, 10:18:12 AM »
There's nothing clever or shocking about it, just the attempt to be clever or shocking by someone who's pretty shallow and thinks he's deep.  So when I see that picture, it doesn't shock or disgust or anger me, it just makes me indifferent.   

I don't think anybody is taking offense to it in the sense that they're calling it heretical...I think we can agree it's just ridiculous that he thinks he's so much more intelligent and underrated than he is.

Exactly. I'm not offended as a Christian. I'm offended as a fan of art.

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2006, 10:20:37 AM »
pac doin it is well-grounded i guess ::)

no, it wasnt

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life