Author Topic: Mobb Deep, 50 Cent Get Tattoos To Prove Their Loyalty (More Album News)  (Read 765 times)

soopa-man

For die-hard Mobb Deep fans, it really doesn't matter if the Mobb are signed to G-Unit Records or Sugar Hill Records, as long as Havoc and Prodigy maintain their grisly sound and fast-lane-living-inspired lyrics on their next project, BLOOD MONEY.

So when word got out that the Mobb were not following their usual MO of artist autonomy, and that they were letting their new label's CEO, 50 Cent, have a huge hand in determining the direction of their new album, some were questioning if Hav and P. would be the same.

"It made me feel good 'cause people is talking," Havoc said at his team's Queens, New York, studio. Prodigy was sitting right next to him, along with their new artists 40 Glocc and Nice. "Now they waiting to hear what we coming with. If they thought that [we'd sound different], it's not gonna be that. It's gonna be the Mobb. When we was having the meetings with Fif initially [about signing to G-Unit], he was like, 'Just do what y'all do and I'll do what I do,' as far as the marketing and promotion, getting us into the spotlight. He never tried to change us. We never worried about trying to change to fit our new team. That would have never happened."

Leave it to Prodigy to be way more blunt when addressing the doubters. "We can't do nothing else but keep it Mobb," he said. "That's it."

The Mobb Deep and G-Unit alliance seems to go deeper than just business — a true kinship and pledge of loyalty have been forged. Prodigy has the words "G-Unit" tattooed on his right hand and 50 has "Mobb Deep" tatted on his wrist (click here for photos). Fif also gave both Mobb members new Porsches when the ink dried on their contracts. The two sides knew right off the bat that things would work.

"Even before we signed, when [our signing was just] up in the air, he sent us two tracks, which happened to be 'Outta Control' and the other one was 'A Party,' " Havoc said. "We knocked those out. It was an ill feeling, 'cause we hadn't signed yet and he sent us songs and we was bangin' them out."

Before the tandem signed to G-Unit last spring (see "50 Cent Wants To Sign Mobb Deep, M.O.P. To G-Unit Records"), they had 10 new tracks already recorded. Upon signing, they worked with 50 and came up with 20 more before going on the Anger Management Tour over the summer. In the past few months, they've completed an additional 20 tracks, bringing the total number to a fitting 50 songs.

"He picked a lot of beats," P. said of 50 Cent. "It was a 50/50 thing on the beats. A lot of beats he picked were hot."

"So here we are, still doing the same thing, but with a better team," Havoc added.

Mobb's Blood Money comes out on March 21 and features cameos from several members of the G-Unit. The first single is called "Put Them in Their Place"; other tracks on the album include a record with 50 Cent called "Pearly Gates" and one produced by Dr. Dre called "Nightmares." ("Working with Dre, as you can imagine, is ill," Havoc said with a smile. "It's that Dre darkness.")

Prodigy offered little explanation for how they came up with the album title, other than saying, "All money is blood money."

mtvnews.com

damn cant wait to heard the mobb and dr.dre joint!

Bigg $amo

Re: Mobb Deep, 50 Cent Get Tattoos To Prove Their Loyalty (More Album News)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 09:33:50 AM »
gyeaaaah! shit is gonna be hot 8) fuck the doubters

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 09:48:34 AM »
Is it me or did 50 suddenly get a tat right after Game clowned Mobb Deep for getting tats of "G-Unit" while 50 wasnt doing the same for them, in this case getting a tat of "Mobb Deep" ???

Jome

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 09:55:33 AM »

Word, fuck the haters, it's suddenly "cool" to hate on Mobb Deep now after they signed.

and one produced by Dr. Dre called "Nightmares." ("Working with Dre, as you can imagine, is ill," Havoc said with a smile. "It's that Dre darkness.")

:o

soopa-man

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 10:46:51 AM »
yeah Mobb always been tight...seeing them get to this point should be dope for real fans, i know it is for me, shit i only been listening since 1999, when "Murda Muzick" leaked...

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 10:49:13 AM »

Word, fuck the haters, it's suddenly "cool" to hate on Mobb Deep now after they signed.

and one produced by Dr. Dre called "Nightmares." ("Working with Dre, as you can imagine, is ill," Havoc said with a smile. "It's that Dre darkness.")

:o

'EclipZe

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 10:56:53 AM »
sounds dope, only hope P stepped his game up a bit... cauz he sucks nowadayz

ThA KiD

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 04:30:28 PM »
yeah p falling off, but i still think hav putting it down

J Bananas

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 04:34:15 PM »
loyalty tattoos, how cute

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2006, 05:33:24 PM »

LMAO!

has anyone actually seen 50s infamous mobb tattoo?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

rik

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2006, 06:32:52 PM »
Gettin tattoos of eachoters groups names am I the only one that think that some faggot shit?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2006, 06:44:44 PM »
Anybody that listens to anything that Prodigy says is a fool.  However, Havoc still comes across pretty level headed.  I'll give some creedence to his statements that they are gonna keep it MOBB MUZIK.  I thought "Have a Party" was wack as a motherfucker, and ain't nothing gonna change that.  But i'll wait till there is solid word on the production and features before i decide to buy it or not.  I hope they keep it 90% Havoc & Alchemist beats.  I'm not gonna hate too much if 50 is on ONE track (its easy to skip one song).  But if 50, Olivia, Banks, and Yayo pop up, i'll probably pass.  I hope they don't sell their souls to try to get these teenyboppers money. 

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2006, 06:53:51 PM »
fif had to run down to the convince the feds to swing down with him to the local connecticut tat parlor and get that shit done after he watched Stop Snitchin and saw game clown him. anyway, hope this mobb album is good, i like those cats. P does gotta step it up on the mic, his shits been soft lately, but hopefully that dre-produced track will be bomb. their singles kinda weak tho... its boring. if tony yoyo, gayo, wutever the fuck hes gettin called these days is all over that album along with 5-0 and olivia no way in hell im coppin that. hopefully, like jrome said, itl be alchemist and hav on the boards for the most part, and let P do vocals. some m.o.p. on there would be dope too

Layeth THe Smacketh Down

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2006, 09:43:39 PM »
I don't have any confidence that this record will be any good.  "Have A Party" is wack as fuck.

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2006, 12:13:44 AM »

LMFAO! Like boyfriend and girlfriend
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE