Author Topic: Jay-Z Sets To Bring Dr. Dre, DJ Premier, Just Blaze & More For Nas' Next LP  (Read 1668 times)

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
Despite his craving for a slice of the rap pie, President Carter has resisted his urges as an emcee, and is instead ready to put all his efforts behind former rival, Nas’ new album, in a joint distribution deal with Sony.

Speaking on what the icebreaker was that brought the two former rivals together, Jay said, “That was Mark Pitts, who used to manage Biggie and now manages Nas. He arranged that meeting. He’s a friend of mine and said, ‘Will you sit down with Nas?’ I said, ‘Yeah, no problem, of course’, because… there’s always been a respect thing. I’m sure he probably went to Nas and said, ‘Would you sit down with Jay?’ He probably Don King’d the whole thing. I didn’t even ask him that,” he laughed.

So, with all the talk of Nas’ new album, can fans expect a Hov/Esco collabo? “We gonna be in the studio working, so we’ll see what happens,” he said coyly. “I just don’t want to do nothing forced. I been through that before with Best of Both Worlds [his two collaboration albums with R. Kelly]… But I’m telling you, we’re gonna be in the studio and I’m sure the vibe is going to be right. If I had to place some money on it – and I’m a betting man – I would bet on it.”

According to President Carter, producers Just Blaze and Kanye West will get first shot at Nas’ album, before Jigga takes it outside the camp to beatmakers like Timbaland, Dr Dre and DJ Premier.

”I’mma give everybody a shot, new producers. I’m accustomed to working with new dudes who got that sound. Hopefully we’ll find a new Kanye, a new Just. But I’m going to Just and Kanye first,” Hov said.

Full Article Here:
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.3851

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
shit i got goosebumps just reading that shit

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
shit i got goosebumps just reading that shit

Matty

how about using dj premier over kanye west ;)

BacktoWacko

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • HoodSTock!!!!!!!!
This deal doesnt look that bad a lil bit weird but the trade doesnt look bad at all..

---Hiphop Harted taking it back to where it Started---
2004s Number 1...

Don Seer

pete rock + nas need reuniting maaaaaayneeeee

On The Edge of Insanity

pete rock + nas need reuniting maaaaaayneeeee

Yeah, no doubt, I think they fell out big time over something though, so can't see it happening.

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
tite news!
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

KURUPTION-81

sounds real good, lets see what actaually happens though.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Eihtball

Just Blaze...that I can definitely dig (I'll listen to almost anything he produces).  Kanye, I can definitely see as well (certainly, for a lead single).  But I dunno about Dre...that was one of the most ill-advised partnerships I can recall, and pretty much nothing hot came out of their collaboration (except MAYBE "Phone Tap" on The Firm's album).  Not to mention the fact that Dre is doing so much shit right now that there's pretty much no chance the album will be able to get some Dre beats and make the Fall release date at the same time.

Bigg $amo

great news.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Looks like Jay-Z is executive producing Nas' album.  What the HELL is Nas thinking?
I never saw this coming.

Elevz

Looks like Jay-Z is executive producing Nas' album. What the HELL is Nas thinking?
I never saw this coming.

That's what you could've expected from the moment we heard rumours of Nas signing with Def Jam. No moosebumps for me there; I believe the album will be a lot better if the variety's being kept to a minimum. Fuck hearing Nas over a Just Blaze beat. Save that shit for random rappers like Game. I believe Nas would be much better off with an album that just sticks to once concept, but I just can't see it happening on Def Jam.

Is this slated for a fall release? That's a long wait man.

jeromechickenbone

Definitely no goosebumps hear either.  If you listen to Jay, he's stated that he is basically Exec. Prod. the album which I don't like.  Jay has one album under his belt that i can listen to the whole way through, and that's reasonable doubt which was from 10 years ago.

I hate the idea that Nas is supposedly going to get all these super producers for his album.  What happened to the article in Scratch?  Both Nas and Primo had seperate interviews, and all you heard from both was, at the time, only Primo was on board to not only Exec the album but produce the majority of it as well (leaving a few songs to outsiderss, which i'm def cool with).

This news makes it sound like this is gonna be Nas' version of The Black Album.  I'm REALLY let down if this is the case.

wilz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Sounds good to me

[img]