Author Topic: Jay-Z Sets To Bring Dr. Dre, DJ Premier, Just Blaze & More For Nas' Next LP  (Read 1656 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^^What wrong with the Black Album? My second favourite Jay album...

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"

jeromechickenbone

^^What wrong with the Black Album? My second favourite Jay album...

Uh, we already had the Black Album - I prefer innovation and creativity rather than rehashing the same old shit thats already been done. (and the black album is my 2nd fav. Jay album too).

Jay's goal is to make this album as commercially viable as possible.  Jay ain't looking for Nas to do another Unauthorized Biography of Rakim joint, especially to be released as a single. (Which UBR was the 4th single from SD).

I hope Jay lets Nas be himself.  It's fucked that Nas has to answer to Jay on all this. 

Layeth THe Smacketh Down

• Muthafuckin' OG
Just because Nas is signed to Def Jam doesn't mean that all of sudden he's gonna put out the greatest album ever.  Nas already had access to great producers and still put out mediocre albums.  And another thing, Memphis Bleek is Jay Z's boy, he's signed to Def Jam and he still can't put out a hot album. 
It's possible Nas could put out a hot album, but if you go by his track record their is no reason at all to be excited.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'm not holding my breath on this either. If it sounds like a Jay-Z album, I'm not spending my money on it.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
good news, xcited 2 see what develops

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
sounds good to me as well. i dont think nas will let jay z push him around to much. hopefully therell only be one track wit each of those other producers and nas saves a good portion for primo. black album was tight but not really nas' style. stilll excited for the album though cuz cmon its nas.

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Just Blaze...that I can definitely dig (I'll listen to almost anything he produces).  Kanye, I can definitely see as well (certainly, for a lead single).  But I dunno about Dre...that was one of the most ill-advised partnerships I can recall, and pretty much nothing hot came out of their collaboration (except MAYBE "Phone Tap" on The Firm's album).  Not to mention the fact that Dre is doing so much shit right now that there's pretty much no chance the album will be able to get some Dre beats and make the Fall release date at the same time.
^I agree. Just Blaze can defnitely bring heat for nas...I am also cool wit kanye...I'm pretty sure he will come thru...but when jayz stated dre/timbaland...I starting thinking of black album...hence a possible hint of a commercial direction...I really hope this is not the case. Also it does sounds like the whole premo/nas album is being thrown at the window.
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
at first i thought this sounded pretty dope, then i remembered about nas and primo. that album would be scorching, and it would be better than anything anyone like dre could produce (dres great but hes much better suited for west coast).

GangstaBoogy

I still dont like the idea of Nas bein signed to Jay-Z...but this is great news
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Jome

Just Blaze, Kanye West, Timbaland, Dr.Dre and DJ Premier.

or

Salaam Remi, Chucky Thompson and L.E.S..

Uhh, hard choice.  ::)
Jay knows how to pick dope beats, something that seems to be a problem for Nas, he's pretty much hit or miss, 50/50.

jeromechickenbone

or

Uhh, hard choice. ::)
Jay knows how to pick dope beats, something that seems to be a problem for Nas, he's pretty much hit or miss, 50/50.

I'm not really looking for a Dre beat.  They don't mesh too well.  And i also don't think Nas would come off well with Timbaland either.  People are forgetting that Jay also mentioned Pharrell earlier, which is another collab that i don't want to see on a Nas album.  Just and Kanye suit his style well, and Premo goes without saying.

Layeth THe Smacketh Down

• Muthafuckin' OG

or

Uhh, hard choice. ::)

I'm not really looking for a Dre beat. They don't mesh too well. And i also don't think Nas would come off well with Timbaland either. People are forgetting that Jay also mentioned Pharrell earlier, which is another collab that i don't want to see on a Nas album. Just and Kanye suit his style well, and Premo goes without saying.

Why do people think Nas wouldn't sound good with Dre?  Nas has only rapped on 3 Dre Beats and 2 of them were dope as hell[Phone Tap & Firm Fiasco]  As far as people like Timbaland and Pharrell, Jay just wants Nas' record to sell.  His last couple of records didn't sell shit.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Timbo aint good as before though, and im sure Pharell will messed up the Vibe of the Album, I was anticipating a REAL Hiphop record but it seems like its going to be another commercial FLOP

Miuzi

• Lil Geezy
I wanna see 10 tracks, all Primo  :)