Author Topic: Come March, We'll see whats really good with Iran  (Read 470 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Come March, We'll see whats really good with Iran
« on: January 29, 2006, 10:25:33 AM »
Nuclear Iran feared
By ERIC MARGOLIS

NEW YORK — The U.S. and Israel are preparing to attack Iran’s nuclear infrastructure, according to U.S. and European intelligence sources.

The U.S. and EU are exerting maximum diplomatic and psychological pressure on Iran to prevent it from enriching uranium in spite of its legal right to do so. Tehran remains defiant, but may yet compromise by shipping uranium to Russia for enrichment.

President George Bush claims Iran’s limited but growing nuclear program poses “a grave threat to the security of the world.” What he really means is that Iran could one day challenge Israel’s Mideast nuclear monopoly.

Today, Iran’s handful of inaccurate, 1,200-km range Shahab-3 missiles can barely reach Israel, and have only non-nuclear conventional warheads. Many of Israel’s estimated 200 nuclear warheads are targeted on Iran, including new, nuclear-armed, U.S.-supplied Tomahawk land-attack missiles on its Dolphin-class submarines in the Indian Ocean.

U.S. and British special forces, and U.S. drones, have been probing Iran’s defences for a year. A major land invasion is unlikely, however, since they are overstretched in Iraq.

The U.S. and Israel would likely use air and missile strikes to destroy Iran’s nuclear industry and cripple its military. Much of Iran’s critical nuclear facilities are far underground or dug into hillsides.

Israel’s hawkish defense minister, Shaul Mofaz, while calling for diplomacy, warned last weekend his nation “would not tolerate” a nuclear-armed Iran. Israel’s Mossad has been claiming this March is the absolute deadline to stop Iran’s nuclear program. Israel’s many supporters in the U.S. Congress are loudly calling for war against Iran.

German intelligence leaks claim last December the CIA briefed Turkey, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and Jordan about U.S. plans to attack Iran. Israeli warplanes would overfly Jordan and Iraq to strike central and southern Iran. U.S. air and missile strikes could come from Diego Garcia, Qatar, Oman, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Central Asia, and from carriers, surface warships and subs in the Indian Ocean.

Iran’s Persian Gulf nuclear reactor complex would be struck. Enrichment and heavy water plants and uranium mines are primary targets. Second priority: Missile-assembly plants, air and naval bases, power stations, etc.

Radiation risks

Iran vows to retaliate against an Israeli attack by firing conventionally armed missiles against Israel’s nuclear weapons complex at Dimona. Iran’s dilapidated air force is barely airworthy, never mind a threat to Israel. Even an improbable missile hit would probably do little damage. Still, Europeans are fretting over the risk of radiation releases from Dimona and, more likely, Iran’s bombed nuclear plants.

The Iranians could retaliate more effectively by attacking U.S. forces in neighbouring Iraq and getting their Iraqi Shia allies to join in. Iran could mine the Gulf, interrupt oil exports, launch raids against U.S. bases in the Gulf, Afghanistan and Central Asia. Iran is the world’s fourth-largest oil exporter; any shutoff would inflict enormous disruption on the West.

Mass air and missile attacks would badly damage Iran’s nuclear capability, but probably not put it out of business for good, as did Israel’s 1981 attack on Iraq’s sole reactor.

The beleaguered Bush administration may try to escape mounting woes by launching an air campaign against Iran to whip up war fever among Americans before mid-term elections, boosting Republican fortunes. But this is dangerous business because, like the supposed jolly little colonial adventure in Iraq, a war with Iran could go terribly wrong.

http://torontosun.canoe.ca/News/Columnists/Margolis_Eric/2006/01/28/1416265.html

I WANNA SEE THOSE GI JOES IN IRAQ GET BURRRNNNEDDD
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Come March, We'll see whats really good with Iran
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 10:48:53 AM »

God this is so sick, Israel has an arsenal of nuclear weapons and yet by the U.S own laws they can't provide aid to any country who proliferate nuclear weapons. Yet this exception is given to Israel because the jews basically run america right now, that isnt racist its fact.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 10:52:26 AM »

Well I should provide clarity on that as I have jewish friends myself, in a sense it doesnt matter what race they are the fact is they are murdering scheming evil people and may they burn in hell. It's so fucked up, my girlfriend has been talking about us having a baby but these monsters seem intent on dragging us all into a hellish war whose repurcussions could be absolutely catastrophic. I hope my fears are complete crap.

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 10:58:26 AM »
iran isn't that weak .there shehab missle can fuck up all us soldiers in iraq afganistan and it can reach isreal
United Arab States

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 12:38:31 PM »
iran isn't that weak .there shehab missle can fuck up all us soldiers in iraq afganistan and it can reach isreal

iran is far weaker than it's enemies.  other than iran declaring all out war, and trying to start a ground war in iraq, i don't know what they could do.  even that would probably fail as the u.s. has the far superior air power.  i wonder if syria would join in as they ascribed to that mutual protection agreement with iran.  if syria launched an attack on israel, that could significantly sidetrack any air assault israel was taking against iran.  israel would have to divert their attention towards syria. 

iran's best hope is in the unexpected, if an ally like syria decides to aid them in launching a counter attack.  i think the best strategy is for iran and syria to purchase whatever missiles they can from china or north korea, whoever will sell them accurate missiles, so that they can launch a strong counter attack against israel, and possibly u.s. targets in the gulf as well.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 12:44:54 PM by nibs »
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 12:43:42 PM »

Nibs let me ask you this, some people I have spoken to are putting forward the theory that the U.S is doing this to contain China i.e. prevent from being supplied natural reserves by arab countries, what do you think?

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2006, 12:52:26 PM »
but iran is sparsley populated,but a country like isreal has a poulation living in a small area.same thing with us troops in the gulf
United Arab States

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2006, 01:21:42 PM »

Nibs let me ask you this, some people I have spoken to are putting forward the theory that the U.S is doing this to contain China i.e. prevent from being supplied natural reserves by arab countries, what do you think?

i don't know if the u.s. wants to contain china as much as they are still trying to contain iran.  the u.s. opposed the construction of a natural gas pipeline from iran to india; the u.s. opposes anything that will strengthen iran; especially as long as the u.s. is unhappy with the iranian government.

if china needs energy, china is going to get energy.  it's hard to stop china from getting energy.  one problem i can see with iran, that has been mentioned here before, is that iran wanted to start an oil trading market that would trade oil in euros and not dollars.  china is a huge buyer of u.s. debt and u.s. currency and one reason is because oil and natural gas are traded in dollars.  so if you put those two factors together, the china/iran connection could lead to china investing less in american currency, and ultimately hurting the u.s. economy.

this is probably a factor, as is maintaining the balance of power in the middle east.  if the bush administration could force a regime change in iran, i think they'd have less problems with iran doing business with china or india.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2006, 01:32:04 PM »
but iran is sparsley populated,but a country like isreal has a poulation living in a small area.same thing with us troops in the gulf

you need accurate missiles to hit the proper targets.  and the u.s. m.o. is to disrupt any ability to launch a counterstrike, can iran protect itself from that sort of air campaign long enough to launch a counterstrike?

here's the article about the syria/iran alliance:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4270859.stm

this started when syria was under pressure over their presence in lebanon.  now iran is under pressure
Iran has vowed to back Syria against "challenges and threats" as both countries face strong US pressure.
"We are ready to help Syria on all grounds to confront threats," Iranian Vice-President Mohammad Reza Aref said after meeting Syrian PM Naji al-Otari.

interestingly, syria was trying to procure missiles from russia:
Earlier, the Russian Defence Ministry confirmed it was discussing the possibility of selling missiles to Syria.

Talks are said to be focusing on a short-range anti-aircraft missile system, known as Strelets.

clearly to defend against an air-strike.

iran has been buying missiles from china:
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/China/GF04Ad07.html
Side-stepping US laws is nothing new for China. Beijing, as well as Moscow, has supplied Tehran with advanced missiles and missile technology since the mid-1980s. In addition to anti-ship missiles like the Silkworm, China has sold Iran surface-to-surface cruise missiles and, along with Russia, assisted in the development of Iran's long-range ballistic missiles. This assistance included the development of Iran's Shihab-3 and Shihab-4 missiles, with a range of about 2,000 kilometers. Iran is also reportedly developing missiles with ranges approaching 3,000 kilometers.

anti-ship missiles?  it looks like iran has been preparing to fend off an attack as well.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2006, 01:48:03 PM »

Yes good point, if China wants energy there will always be someone there ready to supply it. For me this is driven by Israel's wish to completely dominate the middle east and since the leader of iran has been so outspoken about the israelis then they want to make that country pay dearly. However I do think that similar to the fake wars of bosnia croatia kosovo etc, which were essential in taking over to have control over the caspian sea. This is once again a move by the maniacal corporations to have complete control over the middle easts oil reserves. The wealth of oil that Iran has is simply incredible. That they are prepared to slaughter hundreds of thousands of people again to further their goals should come as no surprise.

What is scary to me is that when the war does begin (which I fear it will) I will be castigated and villified here in england if I am not toeing the line of "support the troops". Of course I will not be supporting the murdering of so many people. On a sidenote although connected to the war I am still amazed that very few people.....proportionate to this population actually realise the deadly affects that DU poisioning is having, both to the soldiers themselves and the horrific effects it has on generation after generation of babies within that country. I have read that since 1991 half of all soldiers are now on the disabled list, over here we had the gulf war syndrome crap I would bet anything that was attributed to the chemical weapons that they were using against the Iraqis and DU.

I am just lost for words, how no one in the U.S was impeached over the use of phosphorous weapons in Fallujah or as those u.s minions would call "shake and bake".

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2006, 02:58:46 PM »
This is once again a move by the maniacal corporations to have complete control over the middle easts oil reserves. The wealth of oil that Iran has is simply incredible. That they are prepared to slaughter hundreds of thousands of people again to further their goals should come as no surprise.

amusingly, people talk about the need for "energy independence" and the development of alternative energy sources to free the u.s. from the whims of tyrranical islamist dictators.  true alternative energy could potentially free the u.s. govt from the clutches and interests of big oil at home.  almost ironic.

I have read that since 1991 half of all soldiers are now on the disabled list, over here we had the gulf war syndrome crap I would bet anything that was attributed to the chemical weapons that they were using against the Iraqis and DU.

i think it was that control room documentary that showed little kids collecting scrap metal, from destroyed tanks and military vehicles, in order to sell and make money.  unknowingly dealing with radioactive materials contaminated from depleted uranium.

I am just lost for words, how no one in the U.S was impeached over the use of phosphorous weapons in Fallujah or as those u.s minions would call "shake and bake".

yeah, white phosphorous was a story for a short second in the run up to the presidential election, and really hasn't been mentioned since.  the effect on the iraqi people simply isn't covered by the u.s. media.  the effects on the u.s. soldiers is only barely covered.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2006, 03:38:31 PM »

I have a friend who joined the army about 18 months, when I asked him if he aware of the effects of Depleted Uranium, surprisingly he said he was and when i asked him what drew his attention to that he made reference to a friend of his who is part of the tank personnel and was told in no uncertain terms if you drop a tank shell run like hell because the DU could escape. I then asked him since you know this how the hell could you expose yourself to such danger and he just shrugs his shoulders and says we are fighting for peace and by the point I just couldn't muster a response.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2006, 05:21:33 PM »

iran apparently has alot of confidence in those missiles:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/iran/story/0,,1697505,00.html#article_continue
Senior Iranian officials further raised tensions with the West yesterday, implicitly warning that Tehran would use missiles to strike Israel or Western forces stationed in the Gulf if attacked.

<snip>

For the moment, Iran's most powerful weapon is the Shahab-3 missile, which can strike more than 2,000km from their launch site, putting Israel and American forces in the Middle East in easy range. The Revolutionary Guard was equipped with the missiles in July 2003.

'We are producing these missiles and don't need foreign technology for that,' Safavi said pointedly in his speech to the nation. Iran announced last year that it had developed solid-fuel technology for missiles, a major breakthrough that increases their accuracy.