Author Topic: The Canadian Military Presence in Canada  (Read 869 times)

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Canadian Military Presence in Canada
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2006, 01:18:08 PM »

Thankyou, so its basically to heighten the sense of fear and to drum up more recruits who will step into battle unknowingly poisoning themselves with Depleted Uranium, or to continue what the powers that a perpetual war with the middle east those "evil" arab countries.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2006, 01:31:33 PM »
We need it for things like the Red River Flood in Manitoba from 97 and the Quebec Ice Storm of 98, these things need direct reactions and that is why beefing the military presence up is important to our cities.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2006, 01:36:17 PM »

Your talking about dealing with national emergencies they dont need to be on the streets to deal with national emergenies.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2006, 02:41:55 PM »
yea like we didn't need the army when in when our firebrigade went on strike LOL

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2006, 02:56:59 PM »

your telling a half truth there he is talking about a permanent military presence on the streets.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2006, 03:32:25 PM »

Thankyou, so its basically to heighten the sense of fear and to drum up more recruits who will step into battle unknowingly poisoning themselves with Depleted Uranium, or to continue what the powers that a perpetual war with the middle east those "evil" arab countries.

why are u affraid of soldiers? i aint affrais of that, i'm more affraid of the police, military won't do shit to me

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2006, 03:33:34 PM »
Secondly the military firemen didnt have any miltarised police powers. The question must surely be raised if harper intends to have a permanent military presence on the streets, how long after the next "terrorist: attack does he and other politicians then impose martial law. Like I said this just seems like a blatant attempt at conditioning people, if I saw this on the streets of england i would be living in fear also.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 03:35:35 PM by virtuoso »

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2006, 03:38:55 PM »
its good to know that we do have a military presence in canada but i find it unnecessary for them to be a strong presence in public. id rather see the tax dollars going to helping the poor instead of building tanks for war.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2006, 03:48:28 PM »

i can't disagree with those sentiments, all of this money is being deprived to the people who really need it in order fo line the pockets of corporations and fight bloody senseless savage wars with no good and bad guy.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2006, 03:57:22 PM »
its good to know that we do have a military presence in canada but i find it unnecessary for them to be a strong presence in public. id rather see the tax dollars going to helping the poor instead of building tanks for war.

The poor already get so much help in this country it's fucking ridiculous.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2006, 04:18:35 PM »
im conflicted.   

It is important to have military available for emergencies, i just dont think its necessary to have military out on the streets making their presence felt..

that said, statues etc are different...and military parades have their time and place

Theres a Reserve station in Richmond somewhere (BC) that i went to to look into signing up for the reserves (pre-9/11) to pay for school....theres a big ass tank in front of the place
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2006, 05:44:28 PM »
Secondly the military firemen didnt have any miltarised police powers. The question must surely be raised if harper intends to have a permanent military presence on the streets, how long after the next "terrorist: attack does he and other politicians then impose martial law. Like I said this just seems like a blatant attempt at conditioning people, if I saw this on the streets of england i would be living in fear also.

man you a pussy, affraid of shit like that

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2006, 05:46:16 PM »
Yeah and your a drone if you think its "cool" to have the army on your streets, but whatever i just hope for canadas sake there are enough sane people whom this notion will horrify and will rigoruously and steadfastly oppose.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 05:48:37 PM by virtuoso »

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2006, 05:46:39 PM »

so they can buy more cigarettes and alcohol? poors dont need no cash, they dont know how to spend it

Dogg_Pound_Gangsta

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2006, 01:51:50 AM »
So I'm driving down Knight Street in Vancouver the other day (long residential/truck route in East Van), and I saw one of these driving down the street:

There were 2 recruitment Vans driving with it.  It was the first time in my life that I actually felt a little proud of being Canadian.  This won't seem like a big deal to the Americans on the board, but we never see stuff like this on the streets.  Whenever I go to Seattle I always see tons of military vehicles on the roads.  People always make fun of Canada's military, and I honestly didn't think we even had stuff like this.  We always see on our military on the news in Afghanistan or whatever, but this was the first time I've ever actually seen them at home.  I hope Harper keeps his promise and makes the military more visible in major Canadain cities.  It's nice to see where my tax dollars are going.

Thats pimp, Ive noticed alot more people wearing army pattern  clothing, maybe they soldiers!