Author Topic: Snoop Dogg or Nas  (Read 1003 times)

DeaDSouLjaH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Snoop Dogg or Nas
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2002, 09:38:16 PM »
dawm..u cant compare these two....
they're both good in their own wayz..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Awards:
Most Improved (January)
Emcee of the Month(February)
Battle Emcee of the Month(February)
Rhyme of the Month(February)

Record:17-8-1
[/color]

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2002, 09:38:36 PM »
these two are my favourite rappers a very hard decision....but i think i will have to go for nas because his excellent lyrics and story telling 8)

bez

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2002, 12:29:58 AM »
dogg

eastsidalbcc

• Lil Geezy
  • AND YOU KNOW THAT..
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2002, 12:38:45 AM »
I felt the 1992 Snoop 10 times more than the 2002 Nas..

but right now.. i go with Nas.

ToNe1904

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2002, 01:46:33 AM »
careerwise...Snoop easily. Doggystyle alone would make tha difference. Hard to say right now, cus Nas jus had an album come out n snoop hasnt. Righ now Nas is kinda hot i guess. Lyrically, i cant say Nas is better. Snoop is fukin impressive tah me. He spitz that gangsta shit, but itz alwayz sumthin creative. n he jus knowz how tah flow TOO fukin smooth to any beat. Nas, like most eastcoast artists...dont have a good flow to their shit. Ima go wit Snoop. But Nas is comin up lately.

PLANT

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2002, 03:51:16 AM »
THE CHOICE HAS GOT TO BE SNOOP. HE'S THE MAN. STRAIGHT THE FUCK UP. HE'S DONE MORE FOR HIPHOP THAN NAS EVER WILL OR HAVE DONE. HE'S PUT ALOT OF HIS BROKE ASS HOMIES UP ON GAME. HE BROUGHT BAD AZZ SUPAFLY KURUPT N DAZ NATE DOGG KINDA WARREN G DOGGYS ANGELS THA EASTSIDAZ AND ALOT MORE HE BROUGHT ALL THOSE PEOPLE UNDER HIS WINGS AND MADE A NAME FOR THEM TO SUCCEED. HE'S MORE MARKATABLE THAN NAS ASWELL. THE MOVIES AND CLOTHING LINES AND HIS STYLE. DOGGYSTYLE WAS THE BEST CD EVER MADE. NAS HAS 2 CLASSICS AND IS ONE HELL OF AN MC, BUT SNOOP HAD BEEN CONSITANTLY MAKIN A NAME FOR HIMSELF IN THIS GAME. AND DAMN SNOOP BEEN THRU SOME CRAZY FUCKIN SHIT NAS AINT NEVER HAD TO DEAL WITH. SNOOP BEEN THRU DEATH ROW AND PAC AND BIGS DEATH. HE BEEN IN AN OUT OF JAIL. HE ALMOST BEEN LOCKED UP FOR LIFE CUZ OF HIS MURDER CHARGES. NAS AINT NEVER FACED NONE OF THAT SHIT. IF YOU DONT LIKE SNOOPS MUSIC YOU SHOULD RESPECT HIM FOR A PERSON AND FOR WHAT HES DONE CUZ HES THE MUTHAFUCKIN MAN!  ;D

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2002, 04:47:00 AM »
damn....i don"t even need to think mo than a split second...

NASir...by fuckin miles....not only that NAS iz tha better rapper...NAS at hiz best ("ILLMATIC" period NAS...) eatz ( at pointz) rapperz that iz far superior to SNOOP....
they both had hard times....and snoop iz still having these hard times to this day :) imo while NAS came around wit Stillmatic....so both SKILLwise and CAREERwise NAS eatz Snoop.

p.s DOGGYSTYLE period SNOOP waz able to hit tha TOP 10...but Illmatic period NAS could top it at some pointz.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Joachim

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2002, 09:04:55 AM »
I aint really like Nas or Snoop, but if i had too choose Nas.

ToNe1904

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2002, 11:45:04 AM »
damn....i don"t even need to think mo than a split second...

NASir...by fuckin miles....not only that NAS iz tha better rapper...NAS at hiz best ("ILLMATIC" period NAS...) eatz ( at pointz) rapperz that iz far superior to SNOOP....
they both had hard times....and snoop iz still having these hard times to this day :) imo while NAS came around wit Stillmatic....so both SKILLwise and CAREERwise NAS eatz Snoop.

p.s DOGGYSTYLE period SNOOP waz able to hit tha TOP 10...but Illmatic period NAS could top it at some pointz.

well, Doggystyle COMPLETELY changed tha face of rap. Nas has yet to be able to do that, and i seriously doubt he eva will. Nas is honestly overrated to me.

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2002, 11:53:57 AM »
Snoop Dogg back when it came to doggystyle, he was always tight
right now I'm going with Nas, he's always been a better lyricist than Snoop, I like him better than Snoop now, but back then it was all about Snoop Dogg

DPGC2001

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2002, 01:40:47 PM »
Snoop is a legend in the rap game while Nas is probably the best lyricist in rap he doesn't have the status that Snoop has in the game...Snoop had a big hand in 2 of the best albums in rap history Chronic and Doggystyle...Nas dropped a classic 1st album, but then fell off a bit but came back strong with Stillmatic...

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2002, 02:08:40 PM »

We'll see in ten years..

;)

Snoop's music will definetly last the test of time..his shitt is ageless..(Bumpin' Gin' n juice when i'm 70)
there is no way you can even begin to compare Nas to Snoop carrer wise....no comparison..

(lyrics n' content maybe but that's another argument..)

Everyone know's Snoop everyone..
even old ass people & shitt even paprents know who snoop is..
Nas coildn't be identified if he was standing right in front of people in the street..(Unless he opened his mouth)...naww just playin I know he got that chiped tooth fixed...lol

For real think of all the shitt Snoop has done & been a part of now think of what Nas has done & been a part of...
don't just say what u belive people want u to say.

Nas is a tight rapper...Snoop Dogg is a legend.

Besides like I stated before I don't beleive Nas has what it takes to be a superstar...he's a star in hip-hop...but not a superstar in the world stage..and it's because he lacks a couple of main ingredients..he has double the talent...but what he lacks in personality more than kills his chances of making it huge.
he kinda reminds of Rakim...another humongus giant in the rap game but a relativly unkonw in any circle.
cause their charisma is none.

When u watch belly...it makes u wonder if that is Nas 24/7..he seem's slow and has no energy.
That's why X went on to movies and Nas chilled out at his home and took like 2 years to write "Stillmatic". (classic)

I hope Nas proves me wrong...tho
cause I love his shitt..
but carrer wise he still has alot to catch the Dogg..alot

I belive in carrer wise..
Snoop is only payin' the background to

Ice Cube
2pac
The Notorious B.I.G.
Dr Dre
& yes I have to admit it...Jake.. ;)
Outkast..

just my 2 cents.
Hatesrats 2oo2

Hatesrats 2oo2

ToNe1904

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2002, 02:17:03 PM »
^^i dunno hatez, id hafta put snoop on tha same level almost. I mean, all tha ones u named have had theyre own influence on rap....none MORE then the other i think. Only thing i give Cube n Dre is that they been in it longer, n STILL doin they thang. Most artists thats been in tha game as long as them, couldnt drop a hit record right now. Only people i can think of that been here that long, n still could sell recordz are Too Short and
LL (trash lol)

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2002, 02:18:14 PM »
every is sayin doggystyle changed tha game,  which it did,  but did any1 forget about illmatic,  this album helped put east back in tha game.  Granted doggystyle is more influential but dont take away what illmatic did for tha game either

PLANT

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2002, 02:23:24 PM »

We'll see in ten years..

;)

Snoop's music will definetly last the test of time..his shitt is ageless..(Bumpin' Gin' n juice when i'm 70)
there is no way you can even begin to compare Nas to Snoop carrer wise....no comparison..

(lyrics n' content maybe but that's another argument..)

Everyone know's Snoop everyone..
even old ass people & shitt even paprents know who snoop is..
Nas coildn't be identified if he was standing right in front of people in the street..(Unless he opened his mouth)...naww just playin I know he got that chiped tooth fixed...lol

For real think of all the shitt Snoop has done & been a part of now think of what Nas has done & been a part of...
don't just say what u belive people want u to say.

Nas is a tight rapper...Snoop Dogg is a legend.

Besides like I stated before I don't beleive Nas has what it takes to be a superstar...he's a star in hip-hop...but not a superstar in the world stage..and it's because he lacks a couple of main ingredients..he has double the talent...but what he lacks in personality more than kills his chances of making it huge.
he kinda reminds of Rakim...another humongus giant in the rap game but a relativly unkonw in any circle.
cause their charisma is none.

When u watch belly...it makes u wonder if that is Nas 24/7..he seem's slow and has no energy.
That's why X went on to movies and Nas chilled out at his home and took like 2 years to write "Stillmatic". (classic)

I hope Nas proves me wrong...tho
cause I love his shitt..
but carrer wise he still has alot to catch the Dogg..alot

I belive in carrer wise..
Snoop is only payin' the background to

Ice Cube
2pac
The Notorious B.I.G.
Dr Dre
& yes I have to admit it...Jake.. ;)
Outkast..

just my 2 cents.
Hatesrats 2oo2

Hatesrats 2oo2

respect on that. intelligent post. ;D
the question was carreer wise who is better. meaning 1) who sold more, 2) more popular, 3) done more for rap, 4) better flow, delivery, 5) lyrics, 6) done more outside of music 7) albums
1. Snoop sold more
2. Snoop more popular
3. Snoop done more for rap
4. Snoop got a better flow/ delivery
5. NAS got better lyrics
6. Snoop done more outside of music
7. Snoop has better albums

Put these 2 dogs walkin around in a mall and whos gona attract more attention? Career wise its got to be the muthafuckin dogg ...named SNOOP    BOW WOW!