Author Topic: Snoop Dogg or Nas  (Read 1002 times)

HBKid_Jr

Re: Snoop Dogg or Nas
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2002, 11:51:48 AM »
^^

platinum this´and platinum that...

doggystyle have passed 8x by now, even though suge knight dont gives a fuck about certifications...
doggfather did 4x ..according to mtv, snoop have sold 26 millions and counting...

doggystyle and doggfather have together sold more than nas all albums...

but thats not the point....

lemme ask my little sister if she knows who nas is.... (.....) ... she didnt ..... lemme ask her who snoop is..... ::)

as i said before: even though snoop dogg is a goat for sure, his name wont be written in "the book", cuz he dont gives a fuck about source and mtv and, ... if he were on their balls all the time like dmx, nas and jay z, they would rate his album higher and consider him as a tru goat...

anyway, ... hiphop isnt only about lyrics.... its about:

lyrics
popularity
carisma
flow
respect (on both coasts)
ignorance (sadly, but tru)
bein the best

the only thing nas have advantage in is he lyrics....

i belive that 90% of the cd nas is selling is bought by people in eastcoast..... his music isnt wide.... wu tang have much more respect in west than nas....

I have said tha Snoop is more influential than Nas,  i was makin tha point that Nas is not an flavor of tha month,  and very influential
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

the408figga

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Keep it Savvy!!
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2002, 01:00:52 PM »

i think this is what everyone is tryin to say........

nas one of the greatest "emcee's" of all time, represents the essence of hip hop

snoop dogg a mutha fuckin "rap star". got skillz for dayz, major influence on the rap game and society. a entertainer
I stay dipped like them fools in gq/ step into a party and they all say " he's cool"/
                                             -Mac Dre

Im a 3rd generation mack/ like the asses on my girls like the trunk of my caddilac/
                                              -Mac Mall

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2002, 01:07:35 PM »

i think this is what everyone is tryin to say........

nas one of the greatest "emcee's" of all time, represents the essence of hip hop

snoop dogg a mutha fuckin "rap star". got skillz for dayz, major influence on the rap game and society. a entertainer

exactly,  but look at some people an they are tryin to say nas has done shit

S.G.V.

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2002, 02:26:13 PM »

im runinin a good topic,  atleast i know what im talkin about.  Nas didnt help put tha eastg back on tha map,  thats why he had a 5 mic album while ready 2 die an 36 chambers werent given 5 mics back than.  Nas had 1 hit ::),  whatever you say man.   been in tha game since 92,  1 classic,  2 great albums,  ight he has 2 shitty albums.  An all his albums have gone atleast platnium,   yup thats real flavor of tha month credentials.  If u dont like nas,  thats cool,  but tryin to discredit what he has done for rap is bull shit

like the homie a few posts up said snoop with two albums has sold more than nas...so what are u trying to prove with nas going platinum?...hammer sold more than nas...so did vanilla ice...but they were flavors of the month just like nas....and u know what its called MY OPINION homie....to me...in cali....nas is a flavor of the month....people out here are barely finding out who he is....sure he has a classic...but its an underground classic....just like brotha lynchs SEASON OF DA SICCNESS...its a classic...but an underground classic...meaning that not many people are aware of it....DOGGYSTYLE was a COMMERCIAL and UNDERGROUND classic....as thats how his fan based ranged....and ur talking about mics....fuck mics.....mics dont mean a damn thing....they didnt give doggysty or the chronic 5 mics....they didnt give many CLASSICS 5 mics....so dont even go to that point....and snoop only has one shitty album....2 strong albums....1 very strong album....a classic.....plus two strong collab albums...and countless other albums that he has had a huge hand in.....where as nas has one shitty collab album....a shitty compilation..a classic...u say 2 good albums...i think its 4 mediocre albums..and no he hasnt done a fucking thing for rap....biggie, wu tang, krs-one, mc shan, grandmaster caz, afrika bambataa(spelling), grandmaster flash, melle mel...those are people on the east that did shit for the rap game...not nas....OK?.....ok....

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2002, 02:33:03 PM »

like the homie a few posts up said snoop with two albums has sold more than nas...so what are u trying to prove with nas going platinum?...hammer sold more than nas...so did vanilla ice...but they were flavors of the month just like nas....and u know what its called MY OPINION homie....to me...in cali....nas is a flavor of the month....people out here are barely finding out who he is....sure he has a classic...but its an underground classic....just like brotha lynchs SEASON OF DA SICCNESS...its a classic...but an underground classic...meaning that not many people are aware of it....DOGGYSTYLE was a COMMERCIAL and UNDERGROUND classic....as thats how his fan based ranged....and ur talking about mics....fuck mics.....mics dont mean a damn thing....they didnt give doggysty or the chronic 5 mics....they didnt give many CLASSICS 5 mics....so dont even go to that point....and snoop only has one shitty album....2 strong albums....1 very strong album....a classic.....plus two strong collab albums...and countless other albums that he has had a huge hand in.....where as nas has one shitty collab album....a shitty compilation..a classic...u say 2 good albums...i think its 4 mediocre albums..and no he hasnt done a fucking thing for rap....biggie, wu tang, krs-one, mc shan, grandmaster caz, afrika bambataa(spelling), grandmaster flash, melle mel...those are people on the east that did shit for the rap game...not nas....OK?.....ok....

explain this than,  since its obvious u r a nas hater,  how is he a flavor of tha month when he has been in tha game as long as snoop has an sold constitant.  4 mediocre albums,  LoL,  too bad snoop cant put an album out on tha level of iww or stillmatic unless dre saves snoop underacheiving washed up ass.  Also i think u need to re-define your definition of flavor of tha month.  U may not like Nas,  but he is no way in hell a  flavor of tha month rapper

ToNe1904

« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2002, 04:47:47 PM »
well, i dont think we can tell if hes "flavor of tha month" yet. why dont we start this thread back up in a year lol. I think this is where i dont see Nas's influence. Tha 5 mic rating for one...doesnt mean shit. We all know that tha source cant rate for SHIT (if yur not eastcoast, yur not 5 mic basically) But, although Nas has been successful in selling records....which alotta people are. I havent seen anything that u can say "Nas brought THAT to tha game". I mean, i aint tryna discredit whetha he a good rapper or not. i dont care for him, but thas jus mah opinion. But, i cant think of any style, or anyTHING...that originated frum Nas. Snoop, brought a certain style that a lotta otha rappers tried to imitate. Dre n NWA...along wit snoop....helped bring tha nation "gangsta rap". Wu-tang brought their own style, n had other eastcoast rappers followin in their footsteps.  Master P (although his shit is trash now), put tha south SERIOUSLY on tha map and we've seen so many rappers frum down south mimickin his style. tha list goes on. but...i dont see what Nas has come with...that wasnt here before him. what did he bring to tha rap game...that he could claim as HIS doing? i jus cant think of any.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2002, 04:01:16 AM »

well, Doggystyle COMPLETELY changed tha face of rap. Nas has yet to be able to do that, and i seriously doubt he eva will. Nas is honestly overrated to me.

I believe "THE CHRONIC" waz da album dat revolutionized  and changed tha game..."DOGGYSTYLE"z timing (shortly after the chronic...) and momentum waz created by "the chronic"...so ya can"t say dat snoop waz da one to revolutionize....aside of this...."doggystyle" waz a stuning album....productionwise and rap-skillwise....
but "illmatic" waz on a whole other lyrical level.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

ToNe1904

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2002, 04:34:55 AM »

I believe "THE CHRONIC" waz da album dat revolutionized  and changed tha game..."DOGGYSTYLE"z timing (shortly after the chronic...) and momentum waz created by "the chronic"...so ya can"t say dat snoop waz da one to revolutionize....aside of this...."doggystyle" waz a stuning album....productionwise and rap-skillwise....
but "illmatic" waz on a whole other lyrical level.

but how did illmatic INFLUENCE rap at all? thas what im askin? i aint tryna argue with anyone whether it was good or not, thas all opinion. im jus askin, who, how, n what did it Influence in hip-hop?

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2002, 05:35:15 AM »

but how did illmatic INFLUENCE rap at all? thas what im askin? i aint tryna argue with anyone whether it was good or not, thas all opinion. im jus askin, who, how, n what did it Influence in hip-hop?

Illmatic"z influence waz prolly one of tha most important at those dayz...and although it wazn"t comersially sucsessfull it made many rapperz pay much mo attention on lyricz (at tha dayz when g-funk ruled tha game...and as you know g-funk  blessed shit relyez on tha sound rather than the content).

S.G.V.

« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2002, 06:35:08 AM »

explain this than,  since its obvious u r a nas hater,  how is he a flavor of tha month when he has been in tha game as long as snoop has an sold constitant.  4 mediocre albums,  LoL,  too bad snoop cant put an album out on tha level of iww or stillmatic unless dre saves snoop underacheiving washed up ass.  Also i think u need to re-define your definition of flavor of tha month.  U may not like Nas,  but he is no way in hell a  flavor of tha month rapper

nas hater?....that word hater....lol...i just laugh off all that use that....how is im a hater?...i dislike the man...doesnt make a hater.....ur fumbling everything homie....these things are called MY OPINIONS....just cuz i dont agree with u doesnt make me a "hater"....i dont care how long hes been in the game...TO ME hes still a flavor of the month....as for snoop making an album as good as illmatic(not stillmatic cuz that album is WAY TOO overrhyped) without dre....well dont that would happen....snoops shit sounds the best on a dre beat...nas spends more times on his lyrics than snoop does...which proves how major snoop is...snoop could spit the abc over a dre beat and that shit would blow up....hes at that level...nas isnt...thats how it is and thats how it will be....ive had enough of this psuedo conversation....but i will continue to stand with my views.....nas is nowhere near snoop!!!

ToNe1904

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2002, 07:46:50 PM »

Illmatic"z influence waz prolly one of tha most important at those dayz...and although it wazn"t comersially sucsessfull it made many rapperz pay much mo attention on lyricz (at tha dayz when g-funk ruled tha game...and as you know g-funk  blessed shit relyez on tha sound rather than the content).

ok thas coo, but i think wu-tang played a MUCH MUCH MUCH bigger role in that, then Nas did. It wasnt Nas's doing IMO.

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2002, 09:33:09 PM »
Im just gonna say this, Tom187 has been the only cat in this thread with anything really intelligent to say.

I cant believe people are fronting on Illmatic and saying it had no impact. Illmatic is one of the most influential albums ever made......this shouldnt even be questioned.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

ToNe1904

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2002, 09:42:52 PM »
Im just gonna say this, Tom187 has been the only cat in this thread with anything really intelligent to say.

I cant believe people are fronting on Illmatic and saying it had no impact. Illmatic is one of the most influential albums ever made......this shouldnt even be questioned.

why is that? cus tom likes nas...so hes tha only one sayin anything intelligent? what a stupid fukin comment. i aint been disrespectin nobody for they opinion n u wanna say sum dumb shit like that. whateva. Tha thing is....for all tha Nas supporters, all ive been askin...is WHAT INFLUENCE DID NAS HAVE? so far....i havent got an answer. Only statements like..."Illmatic is one of the most influential albums ever made". can i get a REASON? what about him has been influencial, n WHO or WHAT has he influenced (besides OTHER eastcoast artists)?

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2002, 10:09:13 PM »
^^

xzactly.. when doggystyle came out, everybody in west AND EAST started bumpin it, going around with "al borland" shirts and screamin "dogg pound", "lbc" and all that.. MTV showed the videos all the time and the disco's were playing it all the time... alotta similar albums started to be produced

when illmatic came out, nothing happened.... sorry to say that, but nothing happened.... west didnt give a fuck, even alotta eastcoasters didnt give a fuck.... but new yorks underground rappers raised the album to the sky... but an influence to hiphop??? nah....

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2002, 11:11:19 PM »

ok thas coo, but i think wu-tang played a MUCH MUCH MUCH bigger role in that, then Nas did. It wasnt Nas's doing IMO.

yea...."36 chamberz" waz one of tha most influensial piecez as well....but "illmatic" raised it"z own influence...it ain"t like it waz done in tha same direction......"illmatic" gave a mo poetic influence to tha game...many rappaz waz influenced by it.