Author Topic: Who here uses EMule?  (Read 223 times)

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Who here uses EMule?
« on: January 31, 2006, 01:07:24 PM »
I've never used it, but I was thinking about getting it.  Is it tite?  What is the best website to search for shit on it also?

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
Re: Who here uses EMule?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 02:21:15 PM »
terrible.  this is the only download program that i ever got caught by.  i received a letter from universal studios in about 2002-2003 for illegally downloading and sharing movies off of emule.  the device itself was even cited, and legal action was threatened.  this wasnt no email either, it came to my house in the mail.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 03:05:49 PM »
Jesus Christ, fuck that then.  Did you actually have to show up to court or anything?

SCRIP1ONER

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 03:16:08 PM »
i just downloaded it today.. but im not gonna b sharin my files fuck that lol

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 04:21:26 PM »
Jesus Christ, fuck that then.  Did you actually have to show up to court or anything?

i called up the company and they said that if i get rid of emule and promise not to share there shit any more it would be all good.  and i never heard back from them.  i still download movies all the time, just i use forums and torrents cause they cant be traced.

Jome

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 06:53:24 PM »
It's a great program, you will find almost EVERYTHING on it..
The only downside is that you might be queued for a while, so it's dependant on having the PC turned on for some time if you're queued.

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 03:38:24 AM »
^ yup...

hence the reason i have 2 pc's.. one in the garage running emule 24/7 :)

mostly gettnig skate vids and the odd song..

for 'fresh' rips you often wont beat IRC or Torrents.. but for quantity of goodies and randomness emule wins hands down

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 03:53:37 AM »
I just stopped sharing. They´ve started a campaign in Switzerland and keep sending letters to random IP´s. Only, in this country there´s no law which really states that the downloading is illegal...copying music for private purposes is allowed and there´s no law as to doing this via a file sharing program. I always shared because if it weren´t for that, those programs wouldn´t work, but fuck that now.

As for emule, no I don´t use that cause I´d have to open the ports somehow and I´m too lazy to figure out how. I use Soulseek and Limewire basically, I´d have Kazaa, Winmx and Bear Share but I barely ever use them

Elevz

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 04:08:08 AM »
My eMule ports are wide ope, yet it can't connect properly through my network. I can only use eMule during those days when I can just tap off the internet of the entire household :D