Author Topic: Christians vs. Britney Spears  (Read 754 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Christians vs. Britney Spears
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2006, 06:23:38 PM »

I have often spoken at lengths about the harmful effect I believe gangsta rap is having upon black youth, in case you been sleeping on most of my posts.

But unlike you, I'm not a Christian, so it's not as if this music contradicts my scruples.  Besides, you avoided my question completely: What do you think of your fellow Christians working so hard to suppress gangsta rap records (and yes, I know those aren't the ONLY ones doing it)?  Christians have been single-handedly responsible for almost all media censorship in this country.

Well I don't know of too many Christian groups whose whole goal in life is to censor rap music. But anyone trying to protect children from being inundated with sex and violence 24/7 has my support.

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2006, 06:27:44 PM »

I have often spoken at lengths about the harmful effect I believe gangsta rap is having upon black youth, in case you been sleeping on most of my posts.

But unlike you, I'm not a Christian, so it's not as if this music contradicts my scruples.  Besides, you avoided my question completely: What do you think of your fellow Christians working so hard to suppress gangsta rap records (and yes, I know those aren't the ONLY ones doing it)?  Christians have been single-handedly responsible for almost all media censorship in this country.

Well I don't know of too many Christian groups whose whole goal in life is to censor rap music. But anyone trying to protect children from being inundated with sex and violence 24/7 has my support.

How do you feel about naked white guys?
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Eihtball

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2006, 08:06:40 PM »

But it is conservatives like yourself who have been the foremost censors.  It may not be their goal in life, but it is something they use to make a name for themselves.  O'Reilly being a good example.  Not to mention all the groups that got Interscope dropped from their Warner Bros distribution deal so that "Dogg Food" wouldn't get put out.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2006, 08:11:14 PM »
Some people who would consider themselves to be conservative hold free speech very dearly, feeling that it's up to parents to protect their children from harmful messages, not the government. You shouldn't stereotype all conservatives, in reality so called "conservatives" today hold what I would consider to be liberal views, censorship being one which believes that people cannot make their own choices as to what to listen to and watch on TV.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2006, 03:18:11 AM »

How do you feel about naked white guys?
ROFL

Eihtball

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2006, 08:12:37 AM »
Some people who would consider themselves to be conservative hold free speech very dearly, feeling that it's up to parents to protect their children from harmful messages, not the government. You shouldn't stereotype all conservatives, in reality so called "conservatives" today hold what I would consider to be liberal views, censorship being one which believes that people cannot make their own choices as to what to listen to and watch on TV.

They're called libertarians.  They're not archtypical conservatives because they're socially quite liberal.

But Christian bible-thumpers are definitely not the sorts that would be listening to gangsta rap.  They have traditionally been the music's biggest enemies.  Why a right-winger like CWalker would be listening to rap is beyond me, but it makes no sense.  He shouldn't be on here.

dexter

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2006, 09:42:08 AM »
[url]http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intelreport/article.jsp?aid=411[Anti Abortion Violence!!!/url]

"Over the last 20 years, anti-abortion terrorists have been responsible for six murders and 15 attempted murders (see Lake of Fire), according to the National Abortion Federation. They have also been behind some 200 bombings and arsons, 72 attempted arsons, 750 death and bomb threats and hundreds of acts of vandalism, intimidation, stalking and burglary."

So called Christ followers ARE KILLERS AND NUTS

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2006, 09:45:36 AM »
i seriously don't understand why some of you guys dislike Islam so much

Can some1 explain other than "terrorists use it as an excuse to blow innocent mothafuckas up"

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8