Author Topic: Knicks/Raptors Trade  (Read 1690 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Knicks/Raptors Trade
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2006, 06:14:35 PM »
i liked the trade for different reasons:

first off itll clear salary; they can hopefully sign a couple of players wit that money

secondly wit rose gon, the raps can giv charlie v and joey graham more time to play

next, Davis has experience at center, an area where the Raps need help

as for the draft pick, that one does hurt a bit; but it came from Denver, who will most likely make the playoffs so theyd prolly use that pick near the end of the first round
Good points. But a first round draft pick? Damn. Denver better have a real good record by the end of the season.

acbaylove

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2006, 06:33:45 PM »
This trade looks like it has no sense from both sides, honestly. The Raptors said last Tuesday, after they traded Aaron Williams for 2 draft picks “We are a team in transition and need to play our young guys”. Ok mr. Embry. Then why you traded Jalen Rose and a fucking first round draft pick for a 37 years old guy? Basically they acquired Antonio Davis and two 2nd round draft picks (1 from Miami) for Jalen Rose, Aaron Williams and a 1st round draft pick (Denver's one). Fucked up. About the Knicks, like PLANT said, another 17 millions contract to add in the mix. Woa!

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2006, 06:41:55 PM »
This trade looks like it has no sense from both sides, honestly. The Raptors said last Tuesday, after they traded Aaron Williams for 2 draft picks “We are a team in transition and need to play our young guys”. Ok mr. Embry. Then why you traded Jalen Rose and a fucking first round draft pick for a 37 years old guy? Basically they acquired Antonio Davis and two 2nd round draft picks (1 from Miami) for Jalen Rose, Aaron Williams and a 1st round draft pick (Denver's one). Fucked up. About the Knicks, like PLANT said, another 17 millions contract to add in the mix. Woa!
Because the raps aren't going to keep antonio davis in the off season. If they didn't make the trade they'd keep rose for about 2 years. The raps have 3 players that can opt out of their contract in the offseason even if they stay the raps will only be paying 36M to it's players. 24M if they all opt out. So finecally this is excllent and antonio is history in the offseason.

PLANT

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2006, 08:22:13 PM »
Yeah, even tho Toronto is giving away the draft pick, it will most likely be a late first round pick because Denver will prolly make the playoffs. 

On another note, it was a sad game tonight in Toronto.  The Raps beat the knicks and Jalen had to sit on the Knicks bench in his own house.   The crowd gave Jalen a standing ovation after the game and all the Raptors were giving him props.  Morris Peterson hit a buzzer beater at one point and pointed at Jalen.  It was crazy at the ACC tonight.  Bosh had 29 Points and Mike James had 16 points & 10 assists.

Even tho I think the trade was a good move for Toronto, Im going to miss seeing Jalen in the media and in a Raps uniform.

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2006, 08:34:26 PM »
Its a good move for the Knicks.

we addressed our biggest need: Small Foward. We have guys like Ariza, Woods, Lee playing SF when they arent ready yet for heavy minutes
we recieved another pick: so now we have 2 picks in the upcoming draft (both will be in the 20's) so its not so bad we gave a pick to Chicago
we cleared up playing time at Power Foward: more time for Channing Frye/Jackie Butler.
we got some money back: basically reduced Jalen's contract by $3million dollars with the money they threw in.

An extra $17million to the payroll for next season...who cares, it is James Dolan's money.

Rose will give us some sense of an identity, and hopefully fire things up a bit...

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2006, 12:16:16 AM »
Just what NY needed. January started off great but ended horribly  :-\

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2006, 12:27:48 AM »
How did they end the month? Was it losing 9 out of 10? And was is true that a Knicks player said "now we can start playing" after Larry Brown go ejected?

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2006, 12:58:02 AM »
How did they end the month? Was it losing 9 out of 10? And was is true that a Knicks player said "now we can start playing" after Larry Brown go ejected?

The player who said that has not a fraction of the credibility Larry Brown has.
He is one of the greatest teachers of basketball the sport has ever seen.
I don't think anyone in their right mind would say something like that, Everyone knows Brown's reputation. He is a brilliant rebuilder being the only coach in NBA history to bring seven different teams to the playoffs. Larry Brown is in NY for one reason, and one reason alone ----> Rebuilding

We all know NY is in a transition year and is a small threat in the Eastern Conference, let alone contenders for the championship

This year is supposed to be rocky, all first years are. But i am confident the Knicks will be a good playoff team next year.

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2006, 01:59:57 AM »
Ok, so even if Rose contract is not over after this season. It's a hella bad "trade". If they want to get rid of him and his big ass undeserved contract, they should have pulled a Finley on him in the offseason. But now, they basically traded a 1st round pick for a 37 year old late 2nd round pick. LOL!!! Please don't tell me this is not nuts. It's not like Raptors get the 28th pick in the first round, they will get the 3rd pick or some shit, enough to sign an impact player. They blew it. If they wanna get rid of Rose, just buy his contract out. Bad move.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2006, 04:07:10 AM »
The pick is Denvers.

The pick was originally sent with another two picks to NJ for KMart.
The pick was then sent with another pick to Toronto for Carter.
The pick has now been sent to NY for Davis.

This pick is a slut...

PLANT

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2006, 04:18:29 AM »
It's not like Raptors get the 28th pick in the first round, they will get the 3rd pick or some shit, enough to sign an impact player. They blew it. If they wanna get rid of Rose, just buy his contract out. Bad move.
What dont you understand?  The pick sent to NY is Denvers.  Denver will make the playoffs so the first round pick will be between 20-30(late first round).  Toronto wasnt getting the 3rd pick or even a top 10 pick unless Denever finished asa a botton 5 team (wich theyre not).  Why would Toronto want to buy out Jalens contrat when the whole point of the trade was to save the money?  Think before you start trashing people , its obvious already you couldnt do a better job.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2006, 04:29:29 AM »
Nigga I didnt know it was Denver's pick. Saving the money? Is the owner a broke boy? Explains alot.
No, it's not a sin

PLANT

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2006, 09:40:43 AM »
Nigga I didnt know it was Denver's pick. Saving the money? Is the owner a broke boy? Explains alot.
It has nothing to do with the owner being broke or filthy rich.  Its called the salary cap holmes.... :-*

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2006, 10:36:53 AM »
Why not just buying a niggas contract out then? Is a waived player still buggin your salary cap when you bought his contract out and send him packin?

Houston rule!
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2006, 10:52:03 AM »
Yeah.