Author Topic: 50 Cent new album on July 18?  (Read 763 times)

rik

Re: 50 Cent new album on July 18?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2006, 01:07:25 PM »
Isn't it funny that he decides to finaly diss game when he starts talking about his new album thats coming out? Classic 50 dissing for publicity.

Eihtball

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2006, 01:14:06 PM »
[Is it me, or does this seem strangely similar to Ja Rule? 50 is realizing that he's lost a lot of credibility, so i think he's gonna try to come harder this time around (Blood in my eye). 

Of course...it's extremely obvious that 50's realized his original fanbase has long since gotten fed up with him.  The problem with this is that he's now going to make the same mistake Ja made...Ja tried to go back to being hardcore on "Blood In My Eye", but that album flopped because the mainstream audiences that had made his previous albums into successes didn't care (all they wanted was more pop rap), and the hardcore had already written him off completely and weren't going to give a fuck regardless.  Once you go pop, it's very difficult to go back; Nas is one of the few exceptions, and 50 ain't no Nas.

Sikotic™

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2006, 01:22:24 PM »
YAY! Over exposure is gonna work in my favor.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

wcsoldier

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2006, 01:26:44 PM »
[Is it me, or does this seem strangely similar to Ja Rule? 50 is realizing that he's lost a lot of credibility, so i think he's gonna try to come harder this time around (Blood in my eye). 

Of course...it's extremely obvious that 50's realized his original fanbase has long since gotten fed up with him.  The problem with this is that he's now going to make the same mistake Ja made...Ja tried to go back to being hardcore on "Blood In My Eye", but that album flopped because the mainstream audiences that had made his previous albums into successes didn't care (all they wanted was more pop rap), and the hardcore had already written him off completely and weren't going to give a fuck regardless.  Once you go pop, it's very difficult to go back; Nas is one of the few exceptions, and 50 ain't no Nas.
I disagree, this album still gonna have some pop singles to appeal the mainstream audience. No way 50 gonna do an album stricly for the streets, don't forget 50 cent= business mind 1st  8)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2006, 02:16:10 PM »

I disagree, this album still gonna have some pop singles to appeal the mainstream audience. No way 50 gonna do an album stricly for the streets, don't forget 50 cent= business mind 1st  8)

Eihtball

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2006, 03:51:11 PM »

I'm sure, but 50 has made some bad business decisions before.  We don't even know if all of the new acts on G-Unit (Mobb Deep, M.O.P., Spider Loc, Lil Scrappy, Mase, etc.) are even going to perform as he seems to expect.  Besides, he's also been saturating the market with his presence, so consider that.

Paul

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2006, 04:00:11 PM »
i think itl be called game over but to be honest i dont really care
funkyfreshintheflesh

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2006, 05:00:10 PM »
I hope its not called Game Over...thats just too damn obvious and seeeen greeen to the max

I think the album may be Cant Stay Away or maybe Run For Cover

when did Lil Scrappy sign for Gunit?

-KIDRENEGADE-

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2006, 05:08:57 PM »

i believe itz a joint venture between Lil Jon's label and G-Unit records

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Eihtball

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2006, 05:09:07 PM »

A couple months ago.  It's basically a joint deal, tho, between BME under Lil Jon and G-Unit South under Young Buck.

EDIT: Oops, ZDizzle just beat me to it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 05:13:55 PM by Eihtball »

Jome

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2006, 05:22:12 PM »
LOL @ "Hopefully Dre", sounds like 50 is insecure about Dre's support.  :D

Bigg $amo

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2006, 05:56:27 PM »
LOL @ "Hopefully Dre", sounds like 50 is insecure about Dre's support.  :D

dre barely produces at all nowadays. hes takin it back to the late death row days :laugh: seriously though thats why i believed fifty a little when he said "as far as i know dre isnt working on games next lp"

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2006, 11:46:27 PM »
god i hope he gets larengitis and gives up his rapping career......

The Maestro

Weestcoastt

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2006, 01:54:47 AM »
This album will be trash just because it will be rushed because he just wants of fufill his contract and get off the math (not so sure bout shady though) i dobut dre will produce on it because of that fact that he wants out of aftermath and it will come out when or around the time 50 says couse interscope wil push for it to come out.

The Predator

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2006, 02:08:02 AM »
Looks like Curtis wants to cease his Aftermath deal quickly as possible.