Author Topic: E-40 and Keak-Tell me whenna go, will it go mainstream??  (Read 1102 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: E-40 and Keak-Tell me whenna go, will it go mainstream??
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2006, 07:19:04 PM »
Keak has a hella different voice and flow, and Mac Dre was a hell of a character, so I can understand what you mean (even though I disagree) but whats "wierd" about Mess?

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2006, 10:23:33 PM »
lol how you gone hate the Bay cuz YOU slow!?lol u iz a special one homie..but its coo one day you'll be up 2 speed lmao..y yall hate his voice cuz its sumthing different?? lmao

no cuz yall niggas is weird

LOL!!! shit is comedy. i been sayin that for years about the Bay. But i actually like them fools, they original n all. im feelin the Bay, but i have always told people...."they wierd". Almost like a whole nutha state compared to Southern Kali. The whole vibe of the Bay Area is on some other shit compared to us.

i said i hate the bay to piss homie off. theres a few cats from the bay i like. but all that thizzin, yadada, oh boy shiet them niggas be doin is just weird to me.

@ r-tistic: ja rules voice is deep. keak da sneak sounds NASTY!

Keak gotta voice like a throat cancer victim

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2006, 03:38:36 AM »
lol how you gone hate the Bay cuz YOU slow!?lol u iz a special one homie..but its coo one day you'll be up 2 speed lmao..y yall hate his voice cuz its sumthing different?? lmao

no cuz yall niggas is weird

LOL!!! shit is comedy. i been sayin that for years about the Bay. But i actually like them fools, they original n all. im feelin the Bay, but i have always told people...."they wierd". Almost like a whole nutha state compared to Southern Kali. The whole vibe of the Bay Area is on some other shit compared to us.

i said i hate the bay to piss homie off. theres a few cats from the bay i like. but all that thizzin, yadada, oh boy shiet them niggas be doin is just weird to me.

@ r-tistic: ja rules voice is deep. keak da sneak sounds NASTY!

Keak gotta voice like a throat cancer victim

Lol, so true.

CaliKidGunot

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2006, 12:01:06 PM »
Shit man now that The Bay is Finally getin sum shine ppl gon jump on dey dic nd say o i wuz feelin da bay b4 they wuz big nigga fuck dat yall just jump on da band wagon like yall did on the south..im feelin The Yay alot itz sumtin different but LA will always be my shit that raw gangsta shit u dig

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2006, 12:25:39 AM »
everybody gettin a lil bit ahead of themselves here. u actin like this is E-40's first time releasin a song lol. He's had other tracks bigger then this one. Dont go thinkin that cus the Eastcoast is throwin us a bone by actually givin this shit a LITTLE spin that they wont cut it off just like that to play they own shit. Hopefully it turns into somethin major for 40...but i aint holdin my breath

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2006, 07:21:23 AM »
Well the south is showin major love to it....I'm in school in Florida, and they play it at almost every event and I heard it at the club 3-4 times, and it's funny seein people in the south tryin to go dumb. But a lotta girls were just shakin their backsides to it, so yeah if it keeps gettin play this could definitely blow.

One thing I notice, which could be good or bad, is that people out here think the dances are funny, and some people do them in a mocking way since they don't know how to really do it. So that does sorta make it seem like a trend or like a dance that everybody does for a few months then it completely dies, and that's how most dances are in the south anyway. And that won't be good if the hyphy movement is just startin to pick up in the south now. But at least they are doin it and knowin about it....a year or two ago, they woulda been like "go dumb? go stupid? hyphy? what the hell are you talkin about?"

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2006, 11:11:55 AM »
everybody gettin a lil bit ahead of themselves here. u actin like this is E-40's first time releasin a song lol. He's had other tracks bigger then this one. Dont go thinkin that cus the Eastcoast is throwin us a bone by actually givin this shit a LITTLE spin that they wont cut it off just like that to play they own shit. Hopefully it turns into somethin major for 40...but i aint holdin my breath

Wrong. The point here is this is a chance for the West to really get a foot back in the door. And on that note, VOTE NIGGAS! CRACKAS VOTE TOO! BEANERS AND CHINAMEN TOO! (dont get all sensetive,its just jokes)

http://www.bet.com/Site+Management/Polls/106+and+Park+II.htm?wbc_purpose=Basic&WBCMODE=PresentationUnpublished&Referrer=%7B29BD4505-32BF-4E4F-A434-1E7519949588%7D

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2006, 04:23:58 PM »
Well the south is showin major love to it....I'm in school in Florida, and they play it at almost every event and I heard it at the club 3-4 times, and it's funny seein people in the south tryin to go dumb. But a lotta girls were just shakin their backsides to it, so yeah if it keeps gettin play this could definitely blow.

One thing I notice, which could be good or bad, is that people out here think the dances are funny, and some people do them in a mocking way since they don't know how to really do it. So that does sorta make it seem like a trend or like a dance that everybody does for a few months then it completely dies, and that's how most dances are in the south anyway. And that won't be good if the hyphy movement is just startin to pick up in the south now. But at least they are doin it and knowin about it....a year or two ago, they woulda been like "go dumb? go stupid? hyphy? what the hell are you talkin about?"

i wanna see somebody from the west bubble more then anybody man. but like i said, u learn from history. and i guarentee u even E-40 would tell yall not to get ahead of yourself with this. Hopefully it does turn into somethin huge as far as "the west comin back" shit. But i know u notice what im talkin about. Anytime any artist has a hit from out here, everybody is on some "the west is comin back" shit. Its gonna take way more then ONE artist to make it happen. Its gonna come when several westcoast artists are gettin airtime in NY and the South at the same time. Major airtime i mean. And history tells us, NY wont let that happen in there area. They will give a little shine to show they arent biased, then pull the plug on it with tha quickness if theres a chance it outshines any of their artists. They do that, we dont. Thats where we're losing.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2006, 04:44:52 PM »
ONCE AN ARTIST GETS PUT ON , HE HAS A CHANCE TO PUT OTHER PEOPLE ON AS WELL, THATS WHAT E40 SAID IN A RECENT INTERVIEW AND THATS WHAT HES EXACTLY TRYIN 2 DO

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2006, 05:48:55 PM »

i wanna see somebody from the west bubble more then anybody man. but like i said, u learn from history. and i guarentee u even E-40 would tell yall not to get ahead of yourself with this. Hopefully it does turn into somethin huge as far as "the west comin back" shit. But i know u notice what im talkin about. Anytime any artist has a hit from out here, everybody is on some "the west is comin back" shit. Its gonna take way more then ONE artist to make it happen. Its gonna come when several westcoast artists are gettin airtime in NY and the South at the same time. Major airtime i mean. And history tells us, NY wont let that happen in there area. They will give a little shine to show they arent biased, then pull the plug on it with tha quickness if theres a chance it outshines any of their artists. They do that, we dont. Thats where we're losing.

The same ny companies was playin us in the 90's. All it takes is for 1 or 2 cats to kick the door in, then everybody else can run in and raid the fridge.

Big_Ron

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2006, 07:27:06 PM »
It woulda been even doper if Yuk or Mac Mall was on there.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2006, 10:55:12 PM »

The same ny companies was playin us in the 90's. All it takes is for 1 or 2 cats to kick the door in, then everybody else can run in and raid the fridge.

they were, thats my point. and im sure u remember when the momentum shifted and they took over. how do u think that happened? they kept the west out of the spotlight in NY. I believe Bow Down was number one song in the country when it came out, and it was gettin no spin on NY radio. Theyve always done shit like that after the early 90's. Even 40 complained about how when his track "Automatic" was out, feat. Fabolous....on Hot97 they played the song, but would only play Fabolous's verses. Im not sayin we cant take this shit over again. Im just sayin we wont take over when success is measured by how much airplay we get in NY or the South. its about how much airplay we get in Kali. Fuck the rest. If we did what they do, we would be fine. They completely overdose their audiences with their own music so much that they have to hear it. u hear somethin enough, it grows on u. if u dont hear somethin, you are far less likely to go buy it. out here in Kali we play down south music more then we play our own shit. we even give NY their fair share of airtime. but out there, who do u think gets the airplay? not us. like i said, i hope 40 hits big with this shit. but Kali needs to flex its muscle more and support all their artists. We're the most populated state in the country by FAR. yet with this hip hop shit, we bring up the rear right now. Theres no excuse for that shit yah know?

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2006, 11:21:09 PM »
I smell you my side hob, but dig right, we the folkalations of the caliskrillia, need to get our gouda and we cant wait too late like fema. VOTE NIGGAS!

westkoastanostra

« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2006, 01:20:08 AM »
man fuck new york radio stations for not playing or hating on west coast music!