Author Topic: White Teacher Calls Student NIGGA  (Read 1358 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: White Teacher Calls Student NIGGA
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2006, 07:14:12 PM »
Nah they would burn down a Starbucks, niggas like that place. They would loot some biker bar and burn that bitch to the ground.

I don't know how it works in LA but up here most of the drugs come from the Bikers. Black gangs wouldn't go after any bikers here ever. It'd be bad for business.

(I'm aware you were kidding around, I just wanted to know what kind of presence the bikers have in Cali.)

As far as the issue at the school goes; the teacher isn't too bright for using the word and I'm not sure whether the kid used it first or not but I'm pretty sure the teacher would hear blacks use it in the school all the time. That's no excuse, but if blacks don't want to hear the word then they shouldn't say it. All this taking power away bullshit doesn't fly with me. No matter how many times a black says it to other blacks, once a white uses it the power comes right back. This issue proves. The teacher uses the word and everyone makes a big fuss and gets insulted. How has any power been taken away since blacks started using it socially with each other. I bet if this happened in the 1870s or 1950s wouldn't be that big deal, and I don't mean in the media because the white news wouldn't report it. I mean in the mind of the black kid that was called it. I'm not saying I'm right but I wouldn't be surprised if a black in the 50s would just accept it as word and not get totally offended and hurt, while today's black is taught that blacks can say it and whites can't and takes it harder because of that. Just a theory; one day I'll reasearch it.

Well supposedly, America isn't as racist as it was in the 1960's, and every since the Civil Rights movement, things have been a whole lot different as far as the atmosphere of race relations in America. For one, there wouldn't have even been too many white teachers teachin black kids before Brown vs Board in 1954, and we all know how people before the 60s were much more openly racist. At the same time, blacks didn't use it toward each other back in the day.

As far as my opinion on the n-word...most blacks my age don't ever agree with me, but I always say that if you use the word, you can't really get too mad when you hear somebody who's not black say it. One reason I feel that way is because America is such a melting pot, that there aren't too many people that are 100% black, white, or anything else. So if you really want to say "blacks can say it, but non-blacks can't" what about people who are mixed half and half? Even worst, what about somebody who's 25% black, and the rest is mixed? It starts gettin complicated to where it's like damn, are you really gonna break down people's ethnicities in percentages just to evaluate who can and can't use the word? So with that, I say you can either be for it or against it. I use it, and I don't like hearin whites or anybody else say it, but I don't even like the fact that I use it and I can't really be mad at somebody else usin it when I use it myself.

But on the other hand...I HATE when white people really complain about this issue, and make a big deal out of it. There are still many more important issues dealing with race relations that have much more significance than the use of a certain word. It's funny that some whites complain more about "why can't I use it?" versus complaining about issues such as how white ex-convicts have a better chance of being hired than blacks with no record at all.

I realize that it was way different for the worse back in the 50s, I was just trying to emphasize how much power the word had compared to now in response to those that say they use it to take it's power away.

There are only two ways to take away it's power; stop uaing it altogether and hope everyone else forgets about it, or let everyone use as the word for black people. So the word "nigger" becomes the word used to describe someone who is black. One or the other. I personally don't use the word, like I don't use any racist word that offends people. I don't feel comfortable using those words, whether it's in public or alone in my room it makes no difference.

(I know I've said this before, but...) I'm of greek descent, family is from Greece. We refer to Greece as (prounced) Ellatha, and a greek and elleenas. There is no word in "greek" that sounds like the english word greek. The term original came from an ancient tribe from Greece called Graikos. It was small tribe that migrated to Italy and had no signficant impact on Greece. Whgen the Romans took over Greece, they took everything; they took the religion and changed the names and pretended they invented it, they took the scientific and mathimatical findings and claimed them for their own, and took the majority of the people and made the slaves (it became far worse for the Greeks after they became Christians and started getting fed to lions). The term greco was used in a derogatory way to refer to the people they had taken over. The Romans knew the word "eleenas" and "Ellatha" because the upper class Romans spoke, read, and wrote in greek rather than latin because greek was a more complex language and you could do more with it, so they stole the language too. Over the years, I'm not sure what happened but I assume, the greeks just figured this is the word people call is because that's the language they speak (the word black in Greek and mavro and that's what we call blacks; mavree). And then over the years greeks must have forgot that it was once a derogatory word, or never cared, and let it be. Most Greeks have no idea why they are called "greek", they just know that they are.

P.S. White collar crime maybe, but I have a hard time believing a rapist out of jail or murderer has an easier time finding a decent job than a black with no record.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2006, 09:00:42 PM »
Nah they would burn down a Starbucks, niggas like that place. They would loot some biker bar and burn that bitch to the ground.

I don't know how it works in LA but up here most of the drugs come from the Bikers. Black gangs wouldn't go after any bikers here ever. It'd be bad for business.

(I'm aware you were kidding around, I just wanted to know what kind of presence the bikers have in Cali.)

As far as the issue at the school goes; the teacher isn't too bright for using the word and I'm not sure whether the kid used it first or not but I'm pretty sure the teacher would hear blacks use it in the school all the time. That's no excuse, but if blacks don't want to hear the word then they shouldn't say it. All this taking power away bullshit doesn't fly with me. No matter how many times a black says it to other blacks, once a white uses it the power comes right back. This issue proves. The teacher uses the word and everyone makes a big fuss and gets insulted. How has any power been taken away since blacks started using it socially with each other. I bet if this happened in the 1870s or 1950s wouldn't be that big deal, and I don't mean in the media because the white news wouldn't report it. I mean in the mind of the black kid that was called it. I'm not saying I'm right but I wouldn't be surprised if a black in the 50s would just accept it as word and not get totally offended and hurt, while today's black is taught that blacks can say it and whites can't and takes it harder because of that. Just a theory; one day I'll reasearch it.

Well supposedly, America isn't as racist as it was in the 1960's, and every since the Civil Rights movement, things have been a whole lot different as far as the atmosphere of race relations in America. For one, there wouldn't have even been too many white teachers teachin black kids before Brown vs Board in 1954, and we all know how people before the 60s were much more openly racist. At the same time, blacks didn't use it toward each other back in the day.

As far as my opinion on the n-word...most blacks my age don't ever agree with me, but I always say that if you use the word, you can't really get too mad when you hear somebody who's not black say it. One reason I feel that way is because America is such a melting pot, that there aren't too many people that are 100% black, white, or anything else. So if you really want to say "blacks can say it, but non-blacks can't" what about people who are mixed half and half? Even worst, what about somebody who's 25% black, and the rest is mixed? It starts gettin complicated to where it's like damn, are you really gonna break down people's ethnicities in percentages just to evaluate who can and can't use the word? So with that, I say you can either be for it or against it. I use it, and I don't like hearin whites or anybody else say it, but I don't even like the fact that I use it and I can't really be mad at somebody else usin it when I use it myself.

But on the other hand...I HATE when white people really complain about this issue, and make a big deal out of it. There are still many more important issues dealing with race relations that have much more significance than the use of a certain word. It's funny that some whites complain more about "why can't I use it?" versus complaining about issues such as how white ex-convicts have a better chance of being hired than blacks with no record at all.

I realize that it was way different for the worse back in the 50s, I was just trying to emphasize how much power the word had compared to now in response to those that say they use it to take it's power away.

There are only two ways to take away it's power; stop uaing it altogether and hope everyone else forgets about it, or let everyone use as the word for black people. So the word "nigger" becomes the word used to describe someone who is black. One or the other. I personally don't use the word, like I don't use any racist word that offends people. I don't feel comfortable using those words, whether it's in public or alone in my room it makes no difference.

(I know I've said this before, but...) I'm of greek descent, family is from Greece. We refer to Greece as (prounced) Ellatha, and a greek and elleenas. There is no word in "greek" that sounds like the english word greek. The term original came from an ancient tribe from Greece called Graikos. It was small tribe that migrated to Italy and had no signficant impact on Greece. Whgen the Romans took over Greece, they took everything; they took the religion and changed the names and pretended they invented it, they took the scientific and mathimatical findings and claimed them for their own, and took the majority of the people and made the slaves (it became far worse for the Greeks after they became Christians and started getting fed to lions). The term greco was used in a derogatory way to refer to the people they had taken over. The Romans knew the word "eleenas" and "Ellatha" because the upper class Romans spoke, read, and wrote in greek rather than latin because greek was a more complex language and you could do more with it, so they stole the language too. Over the years, I'm not sure what happened but I assume, the greeks just figured this is the word people call is because that's the language they speak (the word black in Greek and mavro and that's what we call blacks; mavree). And then over the years greeks must have forgot that it was once a derogatory word, or never cared, and let it be. Most Greeks have no idea why they are called "greek", they just know that they are.

P.S. White collar crime maybe, but I have a hard time believing a rapist out of jail or murderer has an easier time finding a decent job than a black with no record.

Yea, I wasn't particularly talkin to you with my whole post, but just about the thing in general. I had no idea about that situation with Greeks and Romans, I didn't know what the difference was and I used to wonder about it.

But yeah...you probably haven't read it, but here's the article right here - http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F60F1FFA385A0C748DDDAF0894DD404482

"White job applicants with criminal records seeking entry level work were more likely to receive an offer of employment than blacks with no prison record, a landmark audit of 1,500 employers in New York City has found.

Using undercover testers who made more than 3,500 visits to area employers, Princeton University sociology professors Devah Pager and Bruce Western found strong evidence of hiring discrimination by New York City employers against minority job-seekers and young men with criminal records.

The study, Äiscrimination in Low Wage Labor Markets, was the focus of a conference convened today by the John Jay College of Criminal Justice³ Prisoner Reentry Institute, run by Debbie A. Mukamal. The employment survey is the largest and most comprehensive study of its kind to date. The authors of the study were assisted by the New York City Commission on Human Rights.

During 12 months of fieldwork, more than a dozen young men posed as job applicants listing identical work and educational experience as they sought jobs as drivers, couriers, cleaners, fast food servers, deli clerks, sales reps, stockers, busboys, waiters, cashiers, and telemarketers, among others. The matched pairs of testers differed in only two crucial areas: their race and the disclosure by one of the ôesters on each team that he had a felony drug conviction. The study³ findings include:

Ex-offenders face serious barriers to employment, with a criminal record reducing positive responses from employers by 30 to 60 percent.

Young white high school graduates were about twice as likely to receive positive responses from New York employers as equally qualified black job seekers;

Black ex-offenders are at a double disadvantage, with the stigmas of both race and criminal background reducing their employment prospects;

Black job applicants (with no criminal background) were even slightly less successful than white applicants who had just been released from prison.

Often, employers are not willing to look beyond a criminal conviction, said Pager, particularly when the ex-offender is black.

John Jay College President Jeremy Travis, author of a recently released book on prisoner reentry issues, called the study an important step in documenting the multiple obstacles persons with a criminal record face as they are released back into their communities. Finding steady work is one of the most essential elements for ex-offenders who are trying to be successful and who want to stay out of prison, Travis said. Yet, as this study confirms, persons with a criminal record are up against daunting odds, especially young black men.

In New York City it is illegal for employers to discriminate on the basis of race or a criminal record. Ôhe results of this landmark study are deeply disturbing and highlight the need for strong enforcement of the city³ Human Rights Law, said Patricia L. Gatling, Commissioner of the New York City Commission on Human Rights.

Since 1972 the prison population has increased seven-fold and has affected young black men more than any other group. Research shows that one-in-three young black men with just a high school education will likely go to prison by their mid-thirties. Ôhe employment difficulties of ex-offenders deal another blow to the economic opportunities of young men of color with little schooling, Professor Pager said.

Prof. Western said the study shows more work needs to be done to convince prospective employers to give ex-offenders a chance. Íost policies addressing the employment of ex-prisoners focus on the deficits of the men coming out. We also need to build employers trust in job seekers with criminal records, stated Western.

"Connecting individuals with criminal records with quality job training programs both while they are incarcerated and when they return to their communities can begin to address the biases certain employers have in hiring people with criminal records and can demonstrate that this is an often overlooked but qualified labor supply," said Debbie Mukamal, the Director of John Jay College's Prisoner Reentry Institute.

The study matched teams of young men who posed as job applicants, applying for real job openings throughout the city, presenting equal qualifications and experience. In all cases, those who stated they had been in prison all reported a felony drug conviction and 18 months of served prison time.

The authors said that this study went beyond earlier attempts to measure employment discrimination. Previous studies have been conducted on a relatively small scale. New York City, by virtue of its size and diversity, offers a large applicant and employment pool and a wide variety of industries. Further, in a departure from previous studies that included black and white men only, this study included Latinos. Latinos accounts for 20% of New York³ labor force and are also a significant part of the low wage labor market.

The study was funded by the National Science Foundation, the JEHT (Justice, Equality, Human dignity and Tolerance) Foundation, and the Policy Research Institute for the Region at the Woodrow Wilson School at Princeton University, which also hosted the release of the study findings. The New York City Commission on Human Rights provided office space and Legal Action Center staff for the study."

So yeah...that there is a much bigger concern than the N-Word.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 09:08:55 PM by R-Tistic »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2006, 09:11:56 PM »
Oh, I agree that whites with records have an easier time getting jobs than blacks with records. I just can't see whites with serious records getting jobs over blacks with no records. I mean even if I were racist I'd rather higher a clean slate black than a white guy who has been in jail for armed robbery. But if that's what the study says then so be it. I guess a lot of whites get arrested for bar fights or some shit. Who knows?

dexter

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2006, 08:43:16 AM »

The kkk invented the word Nigger   so Shut up      White Clowns invented the word

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2006, 10:52:22 AM »
burn down white spot? :o
that would lick. i love white spot and  that juicy B.C. burger wit those two strips of bacon on 100% beef patty topped off wit tirple O sauce accompanied by neverending fries and bottomless coke.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2006, 11:37:53 PM »

none

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2006, 11:40:42 PM »
Well I'm out of stereotypical white places to burn down now  :'(

Banana Republic? Bagel Shops? Police Headquarters?

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2006, 11:41:03 PM »

50 cent concerts?

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2006, 12:35:56 AM »

50 cent concerts?

LOL, Nine Eleven that shit Sikotic

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2006, 06:03:13 AM »
ive never seen a black guy at starbucks, and about the teacher, he was out of line, but i agree with shallow, i dont see how black people created this image that the word is harmless wen they say it, and horrible wen the white man says it, its silly, they should learn from older black people, who think the word is horrible despite the race of the person saying it.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2006, 07:03:34 AM »

none

Didn't the Hells Angels start in Oakland? Are they gone now?

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2006, 12:17:43 AM »

none

thats northern Kali....different planet then Southern Kali. Cant speak for them lol But seeing how Oakland is like the 2nd or 3rd blackest city in the country....i doubt Biker gangs have too much influence up there.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2006, 08:51:42 AM »

none

thats northern Kali....different planet then Southern Kali. Cant speak for them lol But seeing how Oakland is like the 2nd or 3rd blackest city in the country....i doubt Biker gangs have too much influence up there.

The blacks have to get the guns and drugs from someone. It's either from the Latin drug lords or the white powers that be, and if it's the whites then it may be the bikers.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2006, 02:26:11 PM »

supposedly you're "allowed" to call the brother you may have for "retarded bastard" ...does that mean that a teacher (or somebody else for that matter) have the same right?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 03:13:49 PM by Maestro Minded »

Sikotic™

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2006, 02:34:06 PM »

50 cent concerts?

LOL, Nine Eleven that shit Sikotic

GYEAH! I got my plane ticket and lucky shoes on.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE