Author Topic: Scott Storch angry at the grammy nominations  (Read 788 times)

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Scott Storch angry at the grammy nominations
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2006, 02:24:48 PM »
storch is a straigh biter but talented as fuck, has has no real unique creativity about him is the problem, he worked with dre, got himself a dre sound, keeping it clean and crisp and making sure his melody is banging, and some effects in the background, then he went with timbo for a while, learnt to copy his drum patterns and and some other timbo ideals then went off with liljon, took he bassline and southside drumbeat pattern and some other shit.........

he like a lil bit of everyone......who produces dope beats but will never be any of the three named above, he needs to find himself.....if he can

peace
Damn you hitted the nail on the head. 13 hit singles definitely deserve a grammy nomination though IMO.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 02:26:26 PM by makaveli11 »
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2006, 02:29:00 PM »
WTF
one bar loop???

u like those super complex patterns, but how about chamillionaire :"TURN IT UP"
WTF thats is a nice ass BEATTTTTT bangs in the club
he goes into a different octave on parts of the song...

dude is one of the most sought after producers out... i dont get yall???
very versatile, R N B and hip hop takes alot of talent 2 do that.

4got to add something... yall remember SLY BOOGIE.. ITS NUTHIN <<== that was a storch record, that beat was bangin
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 02:31:23 PM by NauticaICE »

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2006, 03:02:03 PM »
Storch is somewhat underrated and gets knocked by certain people, even though I can see why he gets it.

Many of his beats are simple, and have a certain emptiness to them, but many of them are good stages for dope songs. His beats sound great in clubs, and in many cases, they bring out the best in the rapper who is on them. Sly's flow was amazingly consistent on "That's my name", 50's flow was catchy as hell on "Just a lil bit", Fat Joe was at an all time high after bein in the game for 8 years on "Lean Back" (most rappers never have their biggest hit that late in their career), and even Juelz who I usually hate came off on "Run it." Along with that, for anybody who dances, they know that he makes the most danceable tracks in Hip Hop, even over Timbo and The Neptunes...especially when it comes to clown dancing and anything related.

One of my main knocks against him is how too many of his songs sound nearly identical. Most producers have a signature sound, and many of them end up havin songs that have similar elements. But there are Scott songs where you hear a new one and get it confused with another track, or even to when you can ONLY think of another song he did when you hear a new track because it's that similar. Thing is, he's doin just what the Neptunes and Lil Jon did for a while, which is just to milk that style while it's hot. I know that he can come up with somethin that sounds completely different from his usual style, but he's gonna save that for later and get as much money as he can using the style he has now, because that's the easiest thing to do.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2006, 03:33:17 PM »
Storch is somewhat underrated and gets knocked by certain people, even though I can see why he gets it.

Many of his beats are simple, and have a certain emptiness to them, but many of them are good stages for dope songs. His beats sound great in clubs, and in many cases, they bring out the best in the rapper who is on them. Sly's flow was amazingly consistent on "That's my name", 50's flow was catchy as hell on "Just a lil bit", Fat Joe was at an all time high after bein in the game for 8 years on "Lean Back" (most rappers never have their biggest hit that late in their career), and even Juelz who I usually hate came off on "Run it." Along with that, for anybody who dances, they know that he makes the most danceable tracks in Hip Hop, even over Timbo and The Neptunes...especially when it comes to clown dancing and anything related.

One of my main knocks against him is how too many of his songs sound nearly identical. Most producers have a signature sound, and many of them end up havin songs that have similar elements. But there are Scott songs where you hear a new one and get it confused with another track, or even to when you can ONLY think of another song he did when you hear a new track because it's that similar. Thing is, he's doin just what the Neptunes and Lil Jon did for a while, which is just to milk that style while it's hot. I know that he can come up with somethin that sounds completely different from his usual style, but he's gonna save that for later and get as much money as he can using the style he has now, because that's the easiest thing to do.

Agreed.

E-L-P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 21 & Over
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2006, 08:15:50 PM »
He Probably Should've Gotten A Nomination, But Just Don't Complain About It. It Ain't Gonna Change Nothing.
My Future Wife:

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2006, 10:07:22 PM »
Just a little bit, thats one of the best beats this year, he produced tons of tight shit and doesnt use the same ass synth sound like lil jon for all his singles and he can actually play the keyboard well

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2006, 11:36:10 AM »
the Grammys are bullshit every yead no matter what. Most award shows are garbage, but the Grammys have been shitty towards rap music ever since i can remember. Ill never forget the year they put Sisqo's "Thong Song" in the "Best Rap" category.

wcsoldier

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2006, 11:39:22 AM »
the Grammys are bullshit every yead no matter what. Most award shows are garbage, but the Grammys have been shitty towards rap music ever since i can remember. Ill never forget the year they put Sisqo's "Thong Song" in the "Best Rap" category.
agree, most of the awards are shitty to me anyway

Eihtball

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2006, 12:28:47 PM »
I haven't heard many Scott Storch beats I thought were particularly memorable - almost all of them are formulaic in their choice of samples, bass bottoms, synthesizers, etc.  I just can't get the thought outta my head that he's basically a poor man's Dr. Dre, and that more recently, he's become the poor man's Lil Jon as well.  And there's a good reason for that - everything he does is intended to exploit a winning contemporary production style, G-Funk, crunk, etc.  He does do some wicked keyboard hooks ("Still D.R.E." is immortal), but his actual productions are still just imitations of other producers' style, except with far less sonic detail.

u like those super complex patterns, but how about chamillionaire :"TURN IT UP"
WTF thats is a nice ass BEATTTTTT bangs in the club
he goes into a different octave on parts of the song...

I thought that was a pretty hot single, too, but the thing is, I seriously can't see why Cham paid $300 Grande for that beat.