Author Topic: ja rules best line to em was the one which he lost with  (Read 2071 times)

Citizen-Y

Re: ja rules best line to em was the one which he lost with
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2006, 06:18:39 PM »

Uh, if you read what i wrote, i said "At that time, 50 had a lot more cred than Ja" - not Em.  Whether or not your opinion is that Ja came nicer than everybody else in that beef, the fact remains that Ja's career has not been the same since.  50 / Em careers have been doing just fine (both are now slipping as well, but thats from there own doing, not Ja's).

I own Venni Vitti Vicci (the only Ja album i have).  When he originated he def had a "gangsta" image, and he went on to get millions by selling out.  He no doubt cashed in when he was doing Mesmerize type joints, but he alienated his core fan base that bumped VVV. 

You say cats got double standards for Em, but i think you're wrong.  Em dropped "Real Slim Shady".  Were you surprised and appalled that he would do that type of joint at that time?  No, that is what was expected.  It was in the same vein as "My Name Is", "Role Model", and "Guilty Conscience".  Those fans that purchased his major label debut were not let down by the MMLP.  So no, there is no double standard - you're dealing with apples and oranges here.

You act as if "Mesmerize" was his first radio-friendly-sing-song-for-the-bitches joint ever. So, see where I'm going with the double standards? You say Em's was expected, by the time 50 started dissing Ja, he had already made his name by making joints like "Mesmerize." That's what I'm talking about with the double standards. You say one thing about Em, but flip it about another artist.

Niyasin: You can read above as well. Everyone always has an excuse for Eminem making garbage tracks, as long as he was their favorite. Now that he's losing popularity, people are beginning to see the trash he does and has put out.

What the fuck are you talking about?  You said Em lost his cred when he did Real Slim Shady - what the fuck are you basing that on?  Did you interpret my name is as a street anthem?  Real Slim Shady was nothing but an uptempo My Name Is.  So no, i don't see your double standard.

When you don't have an argument you make one up!

SGV

« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2006, 11:06:18 AM »
How do you not see the double standard? Eminem was supposed to be the greatest emcee out. Yet, he would drop garbage like "Real Slim Shady" and people like you two would just look past it as a ploy for mainstream acceptance. Now, when Ja Rule does it, there's a problem. He lost his cred. Ja been making songs like that. That wasn't the first time he made something of that nature. Eminem only had one song like "Real Slim Shady" and that was "My Name Is..." Regardless if he wasn't making street records or not, he was supposed to be the greatest emcee out and he wasn't proving that by dropping shit like "Real Slim Shady," which causes him to lose cred as an emcee.

When you deny the fact that you hold double standards, it makes it that much easier to expose.

ac1386

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2006, 12:01:22 PM »
eminem still showcased his talents as an emcee on those songs. more so on real slim shady then my name is, theyre just korny, hell tell you that himself. Ja went from a tupac like rapper to a nelly type rapper so he alianted his hardcore fans. Eminem didnt completely switch his style with real slim shady, its just a korny song. so obviously people who like eminem dont care about the real slim shady cause hes still the same, while to ja rules fans, he loses cred cause hes a different type of rapper. so although theyre both songs for the general public, eminem was much smarter about it, so people dont give as hard a time for it.

SGV

« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2006, 12:08:36 PM »
How was he different? LOL. I swear you people must've never even heard his albums.

6 Feet Underground, Die, Fuck You, The Rule Won't Die, Dial M for Murder, Down Ass Bitch, Worldwide Gangsta, Smokin And Ridin, Pop Niggas, The Pledge Remix, Murder Me, The Warning, Connected.

Unforunately, Nelly was never making songs like these. How exactly did he change? He still made his hood/hardcore songs, but catered to the females at the same time. You say Em was smart about it? How wasn't Ja? LOL. Ja never switched his style, he was still singing on his first album too. He was the same rapper, but on a bigger scale... That was the ONLY difference.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2006, 01:21:43 PM »
How was he different? LOL. I swear you people must've never even heard his albums.

6 Feet Underground, Die, Fuck You, The Rule Won't Die, Dial M for Murder, Down Ass Bitch, Worldwide Gangsta, Smokin And Ridin, Pop Niggas, The Pledge Remix, Murder Me, The Warning, Connected.

Unforunately, Nelly was never making songs like these. How exactly did he change? He still made his hood/hardcore songs, but catered to the females at the same time. You say Em was smart about it? How wasn't Ja? LOL. Ja never switched his style, he was still singing on his first album too. He was the same rapper, but on a bigger scale... That was the ONLY difference.

yup. completely agree.  he has had both types of songs on his albums from start to finish.
NO MORE WAR

ac1386

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2006, 07:52:56 AM »
I have i think 4 ja albums, but i never really sat down and listened to them. Your probly right, I wasnt taking sides that was just the impression ive gotten from the music i have heard and the argument you guys were havin.