Author Topic: What the Fuck is a "G - Unit Crip"  (Read 1658 times)

Eihtball

Re: What the Fuck is a "G - Unit Crip"
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2006, 06:43:10 PM »
but i guess it could also be due to the fact that we always associated the Dogg Pound with Crips because thats what they where...

Um, hate to break it to ya, but that's actually a matter of debate.  Kurupt is from Philly originally, and even though he's tried to associate himself with the 60s', whether or not he ever got put on the turf has never been determined.  As for Daz, he's claimed so many different hoods that it's hard to know what the truth is...but I reckon he ain't ever banged, either.  The impression I've got is generally that both of them think they can be locs simply because they're down with Snoop.

So really, I don't see how DPG's claim to the Crip card is any more or less legit than these "G-Unit Crips".  At least Spider has actually been a Rip Rider, cause he actually used to bang 97 ECC...I don't think nobody can dispute that.  With Kurupt and Daz, it's pretty much an image thing only.

i cant believe ppl are stil into this gangbangin crip blood shit like its 92

'92?  More like 2000...Snoop, Xzibit, Tha Eastsidaz, and (to a lesser extent) WC were the ones who made C-walkin and all that shit popular around that time.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 06:46:26 PM by Eihtball »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2006, 06:59:06 PM »
i know g unit crip sounds retarded as fuck.... but aint it basicly the same thing as sayin ur a dogg pound gangsta crip???

which ive always found gay. all them dpg cats is set hoppers anyway. how many times has daz claimed 19st, then 20s, then 21st?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2006, 07:22:06 PM »
^ He claimed Insane too....Daz is confused
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2006, 09:37:50 PM »
I remember Snoop saying Daz was originally from Oklahoma before his family moved him out to Cali because Snoop caught a contract, and they wanted a piece. I didn't believe it at the time, 'cause that's when Snoop and Daz were beefin', but it seems more realistic everything Daz types on the net.

Also, Dogg Pound Crip was Snoop's creation, 'cause he always wanted to unify the Crip gangs in Long Beach. So he invited Crips from everywhere to hang with him. He used to have the 6-0's, until the shit with them and Death Row. It was an attempt. Now it's just what they say 'cause they've said it for years.

G-Unit has no connection to Crips, especially the boss. If 50 had some connection, then and only then would it make sense.

Crown

• 'G'
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2006, 06:43:25 PM »
I remember Snoop saying Daz was originally from Oklahoma before his family moved him out to Cali because Snoop caught a contract, and they wanted a piece. I didn't believe it at the time, 'cause that's when Snoop and Daz were beefin', but it seems more realistic everything Daz types on the net.

Also, Dogg Pound Crip was Snoop's creation, 'cause he always wanted to unify the Crip gangs in Long Beach. So he invited Crips from everywhere to hang with him. He used to have the 6-0's, until the shit with them and Death Row. It was an attempt. Now it's just what they say 'cause they've said it for years.

G-Unit has no connection to Crips, especially the boss. If 50 had some connection, then and only then would it make sense.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE DON'T TALK TO POLICE!

truedupbluedup

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2006, 10:42:19 PM »
A bunch of fake niggaz.. :loser:

Maniac Marxxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • London in this bitch!!!!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2006, 09:15:58 AM »
but i guess it could also be due to the fact that we always associated the Dogg Pound with Crips because thats what they where...

Um, hate to break it to ya, but that's actually a matter of debate.  Kurupt is from Philly originally, and even though he's tried to associate himself with the 60s', whether or not he ever got put on the turf has never been determined.  As for Daz, he's claimed so many different hoods that it's hard to know what the truth is...but I reckon he ain't ever banged, either.  The impression I've got is generally that both of them think they can be locs simply because they're down with Snoop.

So really, I don't see how DPG's claim to the Crip card is any more or less legit than these "G-Unit Crips".  At least Spider has actually been a Rip Rider, cause he actually used to bang 97 ECC...I don't think nobody can dispute that.  With Kurupt and Daz, it's pretty much an image thing only.

I think kurupt is a rollin 60 or afiiliated coz he is always with keita roc and i doubt keita roc would be down with him if he is fake. As for daz its more believable he is a banger than snoop
i cant believe ppl are stil into this gangbangin crip blood shit like its 92

'92?  More like 2000...Snoop, Xzibit, Tha Eastsidaz, and (to a lesser extent) WC were the ones who made C-walkin and all that shit popular around that time.

Eihtball

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2006, 03:57:39 PM »
I think kurupt is a rollin 60 or afiiliated coz he is always with keita roc and i doubt keita roc would be down with him if he is fake. As for daz its more believable he is a banger than snoop

That doesn't mean shit.  Everyone wants to be down with Ice Cube; homeboy is square as hell yet been claimin he used to Crip since his Lench Mob days - Shorty once admitted in an interview that he basically paid them to validate his Crip image, since they were from Marvin Gangsta hood.  Point is, ANY muh'fucka can be down with cats that were actually bangers...for the right price.  On that basis, I highly doubt Kurupt is reppin any turf.  He sure as hell never done dirt in his youth, since he's from Philly originally.

And how is it more believable that Daz is a banger than Snoop?  Just because he projects that tough B-boy image, while Snoop does the laid-back pimp talk?  As we've said, Daz claims so many different hoods that it's doubtful he ever banged for any of them.

Maniac Marxxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • London in this bitch!!!!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2006, 07:36:51 PM »

That doesn't mean shit.  Everyone wants to be down with Ice Cube; homeboy is square as hell yet been claimin he used to Crip since his Lench Mob days - Shorty once admitted in an interview that he basically paid them to validate his Crip image, since they were from Marvin Gangsta hood.  Point is, ANY muh'fucka can be down with cats that were actually bangers...for the right price.  On that basis, I highly doubt Kurupt is reppin any turf.  He sure as hell never done dirt in his youth, since he's from Philly originally.

And how is it more believable that Daz is a banger than Snoop?  Just because he projects that tough B-boy image, while Snoop does the laid-back pimp talk?  As we've said, Daz claims so many different hoods that it's doubtful he ever banged for any of them.

True about daz still but say that b4 the rap shit snoop wasnt a gangsta, and suge said he used 2 wanna be a blood, goldie loc said b4 rap he neva knew snoop was a rollin 20 and he is 1. My point is that no1 really knows if snoop ever banged.

Eihtball

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2006, 07:54:52 PM »
True about daz still but say that b4 the rap shit snoop wasnt a gangsta, and suge said he used 2 wanna be a blood, goldie loc said b4 rap he neva knew snoop was a rollin 20 and he is 1. My point is that no1 really knows if snoop ever banged.

Given the fact that both Suge and Goldie Loc have beef with Snoop right now, I wouldn't really take their word for it (and Suge's a hypocrite...he may have run with Mob Piru, but he ain't ever banged for them).  Maybe Snoop didn't bang, but at the very least, he was probably closely affiliated.  Also, Rollin' 20 is a big gang, one of the larger hoods in Long Beach, so that might also explain why Goldie Loc never knew him.

1on1

• 'G'
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2006, 10:47:55 AM »
How can Spida Loc be fake when he a REAL 9700 Blocc East Coast Crip?????????

ABN

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2006, 11:41:04 AM »
How can Spida Loc be fake when he a REAL 9700 Blocc East Coast Crip?????????
hmmm might have something to do with him actually acting like G-Unit Crip is a real gang and it sure would be corny as fuck to start a gang in your late 20´s. especially after Spider has said in several interviews that he had stopped banging, hmmm you go from having stopped banging to creating G-Unit crips in 2 months LMFAO. but i really don´t care about that coz at the end of the day it´s about music and Spider sucks so he can create G-Unit West,G-Unit Crips,ECG-Unit Crips or whatever the fuck he wants coz it´s not gonna matter coz he´s not dope and i doubt he´ll ever been an average MC.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2006, 04:00:58 PM »
Um, hate to break it to ya, but that's actually a matter of debate.  Kurupt is from Philly originally, and even though he's tried to associate himself with the 60s', whether or not he ever got put on the turf has never been determined.

60's is such a huge set, alot of cats that claim 6-0 seem to think kurupt is a 6-0.  and dpgc has been much broader than just daz and kurupt.  lil c style, swoop g, lil malik, plus a bunch of non-rappin' cats have all claimed it.

As for Daz, he's claimed so many different hoods that it's hard to know what the truth is...but I reckon he ain't ever banged, either.

speak on this.  i get the impression that getting put on a set isn't really organized or scientific.  when cats get jumped in or put on, it's not like there's some official ledger.  it just goes word of mouth.  i've heard amusing stories of cats getting jumped in multiple times because the cats they were hanging with didn't remember.  it seems likely that cats that move around or just hang with one neighborhood and then at some other point might get put on another hood.   are we talking about cats simply getting jumped in, or are we talking cats needing to put in work afterwords to consummate the deal?

So really, I don't see how DPG's claim to the Crip card is any more or less legit than these "G-Unit Crips".

seriously, how do you start a set?  can't any group of individuals get together, claim to form a set...etc.  assuming there are some secret crip traditions and secrets that need to be passed along, having snoop in and of itself should be enough.

wouldn't both be somewhat legitimate?  isn't it really about getting your numbers up and putting in work, actually having a neighborhood...etc so that people in the streets would actually respect dpgc? or guc?  and in that sense maybe both are equally illegitimate?

what's the point to a set if noone in the streets knows it or respects it?  and if cats in the streets recognize dpgc or guc...doesn't that settle the issue right there?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 04:07:18 PM by nibs »
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Eihtball

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2006, 07:35:36 PM »
speak on this.  i get the impression that getting put on a set isn't really organized or scientific.  when cats get jumped in or put on, it's not like there's some official ledger.  it just goes word of mouth.  i've heard amusing stories of cats getting jumped in multiple times because the cats they were hanging with didn't remember.  it seems likely that cats that move around or just hang with one neighborhood and then at some other point might get put on another hood.   are we talking about cats simply getting jumped in, or are we talking cats needing to put in work afterwords to consummate the deal?

Generally speaking, putting in work is how you get put on.  Which isn't to say EVERY muthafucka claiming this hood or that hood has done dirt to get put on, but that is how you get your rep.  This whole deal of rappers getting put on by simply wanting to be down, it may make them look authentic, but that doesn't mean they're bangers, or that they ever were.  Even if Kurupt is down with the 60s', he doesn't have the right to claim he's ever been a gangsta when he's never banged, never hustled, whatever.

seriously, how do you start a set?  can't any group of individuals get together, claim to form a set...etc.  assuming there are some secret crip traditions and secrets that need to be passed along, having snoop in and of itself should be enough.

wouldn't both be somewhat legitimate?  isn't it really about getting your numbers up and putting in work, actually having a neighborhood...etc so that people in the streets would actually respect dpgc? or guc?  and in that sense maybe both are equally illegitimate?

what's the point to a set if noone in the streets knows it or respects it?  and if cats in the streets recognize dpgc or guc...doesn't that settle the issue right there?

Well, notice that some of these cats don't wanna recognize G-Unit Crip and are calling it fake, and that's in spite of the fact that Spider Loc and most of these muthafuckas on his mixtape have actually banged, while Daz and Kurupt never have.  My point is simply that you've gotta call DPG fake before you call them fake.  Anyway, since when is G-Unit Crip a gang?  I never thought of it as anything except a bunch of rap niggas taking on the image for self-promotion, which is the same thing DPG does.

It's fuckin stupid that so many rappers do this kinda shit, tho...if you got a deal and money and shit, you can claim any hood you want and say they're your homies even if they ain't.  I swear, when I put out my album, I'm gonna go back to my old neighborhood and ask the homies from Southside Village to be down with me, and then I'ma pose with them on my album cover and in the video for my first single, blued up and shit.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 07:38:00 PM by Eihtball »

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2006, 07:45:14 PM »
An Oxymoron