Author Topic: Uh oh, Iranian newspaper to publish Holocaust cartoons............  (Read 750 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/FCE073DD-7F1B-4714-95F0-DD1F354F1D9A.htm

Iran paper plans Holocaust cartoons

Monday 06 February 2006, 20:00 Makka Time, 17:00 GMT   

Iran's largest selling newspaper has announced it is holding a contest on cartoons of the Holocaust in response to the publishing in European papers of caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad.

"It will be an international cartoon contest about the Holocaust," Farid Mortazavi, the graphics editor for Hamshahri newspaper, which is published by Tehran's conservative-run municipality, said on Monday.

He said the plan was to turn the tables on the assertion that newspapers can print offensive material in the name of freedom of expression.

"The Western papers printed these sacrilegious cartoons on the pretext of freedom of expression, so let's see if they mean what they say and also print these Holocaust cartoons," he asserted.

Iran's fiercely anti-Israeli regime is supportive of so-called Holocaust revisionist historians, who maintain the systematic slaughter by the Nazis of mainland Europe's Jews as well as other groups during World War II has been either invented or exaggerated.

Systematic slaughter

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Iran's hardline president, prompted international anger when he dismissed the systematic slaughter by the Nazis of mainland Europe's Jews as a "myth" used to justify the creation of Israel.

Mortazavi said Tuesday's edition of the paper will invite cartoonists to enter the competition, with "private individuals" offering gold coins to the best 12 artists - the same number of cartoons that appeared in the conservative Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten.

Last week the Iranian Foreign Ministry also invited Tony Blair, the British prime minister, to Tehran to take part in a planned conference on the Holocaust, even though the idea has been branded by Blair as "shocking, ridiculous, stupid".

Blair also said Ahmadinejad "should come and see the evidence of the Holocaust himself in the countries of Europe", to which Iran responded by saying it was willing to send a team of "independent investigators".

coola

Re: Uh oh, Iranian newspaper to publish Holocaust cartoons............
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 02:38:10 AM »
it's a bit late for that the dumb fucks, they already burnt down embassies... they could have retaliated with cartoons a while back...

i bet they take it to the extreme too...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 03:24:36 AM »
LMAO@sending independent investigators... the US/UK gets punked hard.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

K A I N

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 09:32:44 AM »
TEHRAN, Iran (AP) -- A prominent Iranian newspaper says it is going to hold a competition for cartoons on the Holocaust to test whether the West will apply the principle of freedom of expression to the Nazi genocide against Jews as it did to the caricatures of the Prophet Mohammed.

Hamshahri, which is among the top five of Iran's mass circulation papers, made clear the contest is a reaction to European newspapers' publication of Danish cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed, which have led to demonstrations, boycotts and attacks on European embassies across the Islamic world.

Hundreds of Iranians hurled stones, and sometimes gasoline bombs, at the Danish and Austrian embassies in Tehran in protest against the cartoons on Monday. The Austrian mission was targeted as the country currently holds the EU presidency.

The newspaper said Tuesday the contest would be launched on February 13 and would be co-convened by itself and the House of Caricatures, a Tehran exhibition center for cartoons.

Both the paper and the cartoon center are owned by the Tehran Municipality, which is dominated by allies of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who is well known for his opposition to Israel.

Last year Ahmadinejad provoked outcries when he said on separate occasions that Israel should be "wiped out" and the Holocaust was a "myth."

Hamshahri invited foreign cartoonists to enter the competition and said it wanted to see how open the West was to caricatures of the Holocaust.

"Does the West extend freedom of expression to the crimes committed by the United States and Israel, or an event such as the Holocaust? Or is its freedom only for insulting religious sanctities?" Hamshahri wrote, referring to the Prophet Mohammed cartoons, in a short article on its back page.

The paper disclosed its plan to hold the competition in an inside page on Monday, saying it would announce details on Tuesday. But Tuesday's edition said the plans would be published next Monday.

Meanwhile, state television reported Tuesday that Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki had called his Danish counterpart, Per Stig Moeller, and urged Copenhagen and other European governments to "compensate for their mistake" in publishing the drawings.

The Foreign Ministry also summoned the Bulgarian ambassador to protest the publication of the prophet cartoons in Bulgarian newspapers, the television said.

The Prophet Mohammed cartoons were first commissioned and published by a Danish newspaper in September. As Muslim protests mounted, numerous European newspapers have reprinted them in recent days in the name of free expression, provoking wider and angrier protests.

The cartoons touched a raw nerve, partly because most Muslims forbid any illustration of the prophet for fear of idolatry and partly because several drawings portrayed Mohammed as a man of violence. One cartoon depicted the prophet as wearing a turban in the shape of a bomb with a burning fuse.

# The West's publication of the Prophet Muhammad cartoons was an Israeli conspiracy motivated by anger over Hamas' win in the Palestinian elections, Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, said Tuesday.

Speaking to Iranian air force personnel, Khamenei the cartoons were a scandal, particularly as they came "from those who champion civilization and free expression."

The caricatures amounted to a "conspiracy by Zionists who were angry because of the victory of Hamas," he said, referring to the Palestinian militant group that won a surprise landslide victory in last month's elections.

Khamenei, who has the final word on all matters in Iran's Islamic system, was speaking at a ceremony to mark the air force's decision to join the Islamic revolution in 1979. His speech was broadcast on state radio.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 09:39:51 AM by K A I N »

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 10:21:42 AM »

This is simply a way of working up the populations to what was a planned attack on Iran, in other words the fucking governments of europe and america are the catalysis again and these muslims are being thick as shit by falling for it

coola

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 12:04:57 PM »
^ interesting view..

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 04:06:42 PM »

This is simply a way of working up the populations to what was a planned attack on Iran, in other words the fucking governments of europe and america are the catalysis again and these muslims are being thick as shit by falling for it

It's a fucking cartoon, dude. No one could have anticipated that the Muslims would react like this.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 06:09:13 PM »

i am not against this hell i am for free speech but if you read about this then you would realise they have been goading muslims with these cartoons since september last year when they sprang up in danish papers. There have been many cartoons released of him only each time they have been more offensive. The fact is though the muslims are crazy for reacting like this as they are the first ones to demand free speech in their own countries but the establishment knew and have known that if they are riled enough that parts of the muslim community would explode into anger. Since we all know that an attack on Iran has been planned for around this time then surely you can't believe its just yet another coincidence, all this is doing is benefiting the warhawks.

I would hasten to add that the estbalishment only seeks to talk about free speech when something offends the muslims though. In reality the governments in UK America and in many other countries are eroding our free speech. I am quoting Michael Heseltine a conservative mp when he said "i believe in free speech but we have to be careful not to overly offend with it". That isnt free speech, but now you have a situation where europeans driven on by talk of freedom of speech and the television pictures (afterall most people dont read) now are more pro war.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 06:14:14 PM by virtuoso »

J Bananas

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 07:36:55 PM »

It's a fucking cartoon, dude. No one could have anticipated that the Muslims would react like this.

well, i could.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006, 10:43:46 PM »

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2006, 02:46:57 PM »

with all the goddamn technology out there, two of the most powerhouse continents in the world use 12 little comics to stir up support for an attack on iran..... ::)

c'mon man

Family Guy or the simpsons .........but some newspaper comic, you're on crack no body reads anymore....ASS CLOWN

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2006, 04:51:37 PM »

The sheer ignorance of people never fails to astound me, also what the hell has technology got to do with it, everyone realises the power of words and images hence television and newspapers  it has been shown in newspaper publications across europe, so what the hell are you talking about when you mention comics and if you werent trying to white wash then you would know that i didnt mean everyone but large swathes of people in this country for instance read the sun for their info. The Sun is probably the most dumbed down newspaper in publication, people don't realise the timeline of this, most people are probably clueless than an imminent attack on Iran is there and because they are so used to being spoon fed sound bites and little snippets of very simplified bullshit like the sun they think if its not mentioned in there then it can't be important. Thus, the only clown is you, there is no conspiracy theory in what i have said its just common sense.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 04:58:37 PM by virtuoso »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2006, 07:39:39 PM »

with all the goddamn technology out there, two of the most powerhouse continents in the world use 12 little comics to stir up support for an attack on iran..... ::)

c'mon man

Family Guy or the simpsons .........but some newspaper comic, you're on crack no body reads anymore....ASS CLOWN

ahahaa
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2006, 09:53:48 AM »

The sheer ignorance of people never fails to astound me, also what the hell has technology got to do with it, everyone realises the power of words and images hence television and newspapers  it has been shown in newspaper publications across europe, so what the hell are you talking about when you mention comics and if you werent trying to white wash then you would know that i didnt mean everyone but large swathes of people in this country for instance read the sun for their info. The Sun is probably the most dumbed down newspaper in publication, people don't realise the timeline of this, most people are probably clueless than an imminent attack on Iran is there and because they are so used to being spoon fed sound bites and little snippets of very simplified bullshit like the sun they think if its not mentioned in there then it can't be important. Thus, the only clown is you, there is no conspiracy theory in what i have said its just common sense.

the sheer failure to relise how SARCASTIC i was being astounds the fuck out of me, get a life ASS CLOWN

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Tha_shiznit

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2006, 10:05:31 AM »
Lol the Sun.
I wanna see these cartoons when they come out!

Also... does anyone here actually see anything in the revisionist ideas? I just cant see how anyone could believe that...