Author Topic: john legend, best new artist of the year for grammys  (Read 605 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: john legend, best new artist of the year for grammys
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2006, 11:21:07 AM »
John legend and usher proved that all you need to do is cheat on your girl and sing songs about how it meant nothing ::)

Then the awards come out 8)

John Legend proved if you make a truly incredible album and have the right people backing you, you can get recognized and win a grammy.

now if only somebody would make a truly incredible album and be recognized for it...

How is John Legends Album Not A Incredible Album ???

I guess to the casual r&b fan it could be incredible, but to me its a very bland and unentertaining record. If you want incredible, you gotta dig a lot deeper than non singin ass john legend. but hey, do your thing.

We Fly High

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2006, 11:40:52 AM »
John legend and usher proved that all you need to do is cheat on your girl and sing songs about how it meant nothing ::)

John Legend proved if you make a truly incredible album and have the right people backing you, you can get recognized and win a grammy.

now if only somebody would make a truly incredible album and be recognized for it...

I guess to the casual r&b fan it could be incredible, but to me its a very bland and unentertaining record. If you want incredible, you gotta dig a lot deeper than non singin ass john legend. but hey, do your thing.

i understand its your opinioon, and everyones entitled to their own, but nowadays who would you point out as being as a good singer?

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2006, 11:54:14 AM »
Im still Waiting On Jodeci &Keith Sweat to make a good come back!!!  IM tired of Bumpin "Freak N U" & "Nobody" since 96

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2006, 12:17:22 PM »

i understand its your opinioon, and everyones entitled to their own, but nowadays who would you point out as being as a good singer?

I dont know about "incredible," thats a pretty strong word, but a few that are definitely better than John legend are Goapele, Raheem DeVaughn, D'Angelo, Maxwell,  Erykah, Anthony Hamilton, Raph Saadiq, Prince, Adriana Evans, Leela James, etc.

We Fly High

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2006, 12:30:33 PM »
yeah all those you mentioned are definitely good, prob all better than john legend, for the exception of goapele in my opinion, shes good, but i think john legend is better. but yeah they all dont really have material out these days. prince got a new joint, but erykah been quiet for a minute, and also d angelo. d angelo is prob my favorite artist of that genre, but hes definitely been slackin on his releases. maxwell been quiet too. anthony hamilton got joints out hes good. raheem devaughn is also one of my favorites. i guess i classify john legend in the same category as all those peeps though.

ABN

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2006, 12:30:45 PM »
^Anthony Hamilton could possibly be the best soul singer to come around in like 10 years or so. and Anthony´s vocal range>>>>>>>>>>>John Legend´s life. but i still like John Legend coz he´s pretty talented but his voice aint really soulful and he keeps on singing about the same ol' shit.

ecrazy

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2006, 12:37:13 PM »
but i still like John Legend coz he´s pretty talented but his voice aint really soulful and he keeps on singing about the same ol' shit.
what do u expect? he only has one album out!

ABN

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2006, 12:39:39 PM »
but i still like John Legend coz he´s pretty talented but his voice aint really soulful and he keeps on singing about the same ol' shit.
what do u expect? he only has one album out!

true but an album that strictly follows the bullshit RnB blueprint and that´s boring.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2006, 01:17:24 PM »
NO MORE WAR