Author Topic: NATO Troops Kill Four in Mohammad-Cartoon Protests in Afghanistan  (Read 321 times)

Lieutenant Abdul-Shakur

• 'G'
In Afghanistan, NATO troops killed four demonstrators Tuesday as angry protests continued over the publication of cartoons depicting the Prophet Muhammad. NATO officials said the protesters had attacked a base in the northern town of Maymana. Meanwhile, thousands of people convened for protests in several Muslim countries, including Jordan, Egypt and Pakistan. The Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten originally published the 12 cartoons last September - including one that shows the Prophet Muhammad wearing a turban shaped as a bomb with a burning fuse. The cartoons were republished in European and other news media in the last week. Muslims say the images are blasphemous and contrary to Islamic tradition prohibiting depictions of the prophet. On Tuesday, Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen made a public appeal to Muslims around the world: "Today I want to appeal and to reach out to all people in countries in the Muslim world. Let us work together in the spirit of mutual respect and tolerance, we need to solve this issue through mutual respect and dialogue and not violence."

Meanwhile, several Muslim groups continued to argue that while they support freedom of expression, the cartoons were in poor taste. Dr. Esam Omeish, President of the Muslim American Society said: "We vehemently stand by the freedom of the press and with the freedom of opinion, however we say that with this freedom is responsibility in which there must be respect for other religions and the rights of others and to stress that we are all part of one society. We want what's good for the whole society and we do not want to disrespect the rights of one another."

----------------------

i think its time them wonderbreads startin to realize tht the monster they created is comin back to bite 'em

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re: NATO Troops Kill Four in Mohammad-Cartoon Protests in Afghanistan
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 09:32:03 AM »
Are they still protesting?

That shit is so last week
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 10:22:46 AM »
Are they still protesting?

That shit is so last week

Actually it was more like 5 months ago. They just didn't start protesting until last week.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 01:43:44 PM »
whatever man,this shit played out..

fuck em both
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

K A I N

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 02:16:55 PM »
Actually it was more like 5 months ago. They just didn't start protesting until last week.

Shut up moron...every major European newspaper decided to reprint what Denmark had printed 5 months ago  :laugh:

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 03:09:16 PM »

Shut up moron...every major European newspaper decided to reprint what Denmark had printed 5 months ago  :laugh:

That doesn't change the fact that they were printed in September originally.

P.S. It was a tounge and cheek post in response to a tounge and cheek post. I don't know why you took it so seriously.

J Bananas

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 05:33:32 PM »
i just cant believe theres clowns on this board who act like theyre gonna get militant about it. u aint gonna do shit!

K A I N

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2006, 05:55:39 PM »

That doesn't change the fact that they were printed in September originally.

P.S. It was a tounge and cheek post in response to a tounge and cheek post. I don't know why you took it so seriously.

Check the smilie I'm laughing at you  ;D