Author Topic: anyone have video of the sly and family stone performance at grammys  (Read 166 times)

We Fly High

anyone have the video of the sly and family stone performance at grammys. he hadnt maken a public appearance in 13 years. and i really want to watch it. I was watching the grammys, but fell asleep in the middle of it and missed it. wack.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: anyone have video of the sly and family stone performance at grammys
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 05:44:21 PM »
It's been longer than 13 years I believe, but I read that it was really shit. Apparently he walked out in the middle of the performance, weak.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

ecrazy

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: anyone have video of the sly and family stone performance at grammys
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 06:24:42 PM »
i found this though

http://www.youtube.com/?v=cn6wNBFdDm0

Fucking awesome, I've only seen a small clip of this before.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris