Author Topic: dr. dre's resume.....seriously who's even close?  (Read 1921 times)

smp4life

Re: dr. dre's resume.....seriously who's even close?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2006, 09:39:21 AM »
You forget he produced JJ Fad.

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2006, 09:40:17 AM »
DJ Premier has a bigger list and can come real close to passing Dre.

Primo worked with; Guru, Method Man, Redman, Notorious B.I.G., Royce, Jeru, Snoop Dogg, Nas, Jay-Z, Xzibit, Mos Def, KRS-One, Jadakiss, Mobb Deep, Rass Kass, Rakim, 50 Cent, Kurupt, Lady of Rage, Jermaine Dupri, Fat Joe, Common, Dilated Peoples and probably a couple more I am missing.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2006, 10:50:12 AM »
Like the people above said, its all about where ur ear is!

Ive read in muder dog an article about cash money, and they said Mannie Fresh is name worth mention along with Dr Dre, i dont know about that, but if ur bumpin Cash Money alot u might think so!

DJ Premier is a legend, but he is too underground.. JD, Neptunes, and Puffy is too comercial,.. Dr Dre is kind of best of both worlds, RNB and RAP, undergound and commercial, 80's and 00's.. so it feels like he got it all..

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

Tha_shiznit

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2006, 11:20:26 AM »
Personally i think i could be considered as a Dre dickrider, but i think this is more down to ignorance than anything else.
Please tell me, who is supposedly better than Dre? (Serious question not tryin 2 say Dre is best, im jus askin if hes not, who is...)
Also, DJ Premiers list looked impressive, what songs by these ppl? So i know when i'm hearin his work.

SGV

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2006, 11:22:55 AM »
in all it's glory

up and downs, hits and misses. but at the end of the day, you have to look at this and say "no one can do it better"...in the rap game

NWA and the Posse

Straight Outta Compton

Eazy Duz It

No One Can Do It Better

niggaz 4 life

the chronic

Doggystyle

Murder Was the Case

the slim shady lp

get rich or die tryin

the documentary

I'll give him those above. But I think Rza's resume's strong points are damn near untouchable. These are all great albums, very few slip ups.

Also, JD has a great track record. Probably one of the best ever in Hip Hop. But, for the simple fact that he is commercial, people dislike it. Oh well.

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2006, 11:23:38 AM »
JERMAINE DUPREEE

DO A TRACK RECORD LIST LIKE THE U JUST DID..

BOTH R N B AND HIP HOP

HE HAS MORE HIT RECORDS

NOT SAYING JD'S A BETTER PRODUCER OR DRE IS , THEY BOTH MAKING RECORDS THAT SLAPPPPPP !!

dont ever mention JD and dre in the same sentance, thats just blashempy

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2006, 11:38:00 AM »
no more lies is an awesome track

i dont have a clue where its from or when it was released, im guessing it was world class wrecking cru time

sharjiel

• 'G'
  • PAKI...What!!
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sittng next to you saying...'Damn we fucked up' -

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2006, 01:40:24 PM »
wats this thread all bout why we arguein bout who has a betta resume, u like who u like simple as!
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

J Bananas

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2006, 01:41:42 PM »
damn, RZA's discography = treasure

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2006, 04:40:11 PM »
lol @ blasphemy , WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU
u know how much money ppl pay for a JD record???
why do u think daz is working with him, so your denying that beat to ALL that i need is Weak wack, garbage? i remember when that track was posted on dubcnn,it got alot of love

as far as dj premo, his style is more sample based, down tempo shit
same loop, i dont know who would pay 50,000$ for a beat of his...

mainstream producer or undeground producer???
i dont think you could categorize or judge producerrs in the same light as rappers,
some producers can make records that blow up, because of their beats and they are considered mainstream automatically
i mean look at kanye west , his music doesnt have alot of 808 booms like lil john, and he has alot of samples in his work but it blows up,hows he a mainstream producer??? or an underground producer???
either u have dope ass beats that hit the mainstreams of people or u dont simple.

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2006, 04:54:16 PM »
JD doesnt compare to dre in any way shape or form, hes not even on the same level

JD is a peice of shit on dres shoe, the guy produces songs for mariah carey and lil bow wow for christs sake

and if i hear "yall know what this is, so so def" again

i think im going to stab myself in the ear with a blunt knife

we'll see how many copies daz sells, if his album ever comes on out of so so def

if someone gave me the choice of buying a JD record for £15 and the chronic for £100, i know which one i would choose
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 04:56:03 PM by Jip »

Diggfinger

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2006, 08:53:18 AM »
DJ Quik can fuck with him, he's a better producer hands down.

Not taking anything away from Dre, he's talented and made alot of westcoast stars what they are but Quik is innovative and more consitent than Dre. Dre's beats are (sorry Dre) boring and monotome as of late, where Quik is always re-inventing himself getting us on our toes.

Mad props mr. Quik 8)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2006, 09:27:41 AM »
Quik seriously upped his game on Trauma, it's gonna be difficult for anybody to do the same with their own sound, even Dre. A legend by his own right, DJ Quik is. Right up there with Dre in my opinion.

As far as resumes go, Quik probably can't compete, not as many successful names on there. But it's the music that matters, and to me, Dre and Quik are neck and neck.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 09:29:40 AM by T-Dogg »

SGV

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2006, 09:59:04 AM »
JD doesnt compare to dre in any way shape or form, hes not even on the same level

JD is a peice of shit on dres shoe, the guy produces songs for mariah carey and lil bow wow for christs sake

and if i hear "yall know what this is, so so def" again

i think im going to stab myself in the ear with a blunt knife

we'll see how many copies daz sells, if his album ever comes on out of so so def

if someone gave me the choice of buying a JD record for £15 and the chronic for £100, i know which one i would choose

JD has also worked with Jay-Z, Biggie, Jadakiss, Ludacris, Nate Dogg, Usher, Nas, DMX, Krazyie Bone, Snoop Dogg, Keith Sweat, Too Short, UGK, Kurupt, etc. and that's just off the top of the head. How can you try to shit on him by saying he works with Mariah? LMAO. Do you know how great the songs they make come out? Much better than any Dre produced R&B, that's for damn sure. JD is more versatyle than Dre, hands down. Dre cannot fuck with anything outside of basic Hip Hop.