Author Topic: dr. dre's resume.....seriously who's even close?  (Read 1911 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: dr. dre's resume.....seriously who's even close?
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2006, 10:21:19 AM »
Quik seriously upped his game on Trauma, it's gonna be difficult for anybody to do the same with their own sound, even Dre.

Oh man enough with the constant overrating the Trauma album! Yeah it was very dope, my top 5 releases last year but c'mon it wasnt that special.3/4 of the beats sounded the same as on the Under The Influence cd.And it has low replay value.

E-L-P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 21 & Over
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2006, 04:48:26 PM »
"No More Lies" Was Michel'le

Any Chance Of Uppin Some CIA Tracks.
My Future Wife:

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2006, 06:26:56 PM »
"No More Lies" Was Michel'le

Any Chance Of Uppin Some CIA Tracks.

it must have been produced by dre, its awesome

coola

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2006, 07:30:19 PM »
Personally i think i could be considered as a Dre dickrider

couldve just called yourself a fan  ;D :P

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2006, 01:03:52 PM »

1. the reason why i put dogg food/all eyez on me on here
       a) dogg food......almost every song was mixed by dr. dre with ghost production from him aswell, isn't that known
       b) all eyez on me.....that album was supervised by dre, i remember seeing this on mtv when they were permiering the original california love video, plus tupac even said it on bet, plus that and he gave that album the biggest single, that song was 75% of the reason it sold so much
       c) living like hustlaz......y do i even have to explain this? check the linear notes

2. thanks overseer for adding the old wcwc stuff, i left those out for time sake

3. i am not dickriding, when i saw some ones avatar with the niggaz 4 life the chronic, doggystyle doggpound and the documentary i relised, wow dre has been apart of some BIG albums in hip hop history

rza can't say he's revolutionized  the game like dre, he's had one era from 93-95 , yes he had 4 or 5 classics (if you stretch them) but where is his "straight outta compton"? where is his  "chronic" where is his sslp?

he's got enter the wu and  3 or 4 other classics that are the same album basically but with another member featured more, he's got a good track record too, most definately but it still doesn't measure up

dj premier- i don't even think he's ever produced, written , or ex produced a classic album, he's produced/written songs that have been on classic albums but he's never been a sunstantial part of a classic album, maybe the most he's worked on a classic is illmatic.....and that's 1 albums he's still got to shoot off 4 more superstars, revolutionize the game 2 more times, and here's the dagger change his style and still be relavant

4. sgv, you're not going to give dre, the marshall mathers lp? u relize that when we look back on that album in 20 years it's going to be one of those epic landmarks of our time , kinda like "are you experienced" is to people who went through the sixties " the wall" is to people of the 70's  "purple rain" is to people of the 80's ? i mean c'mon dre only mixed, produced, and executive produced the album...

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2006, 01:12:11 PM »
JD doesnt compare to dre in any way shape or form, hes not even on the same level

JD is a peice of shit on dres shoe, the guy produces songs for mariah carey and lil bow wow for christs sake

and if i hear "yall know what this is, so so def" again

i think im going to stab myself in the ear with a blunt knife

we'll see how many copies daz sells, if his album ever comes on out of so so def

if someone gave me the choice of buying a JD record for £15 and the chronic for £100, i know which one i would choose

JD is more versatyle than Dre, hands down. Dre cannot fuck with anything outside of basic Hip Hop.

ummmm sgv, u might want to rethink that statement. everything r and b dre has produced has been TRADITIONAL r&B and has been widely given excellent acclaim.  everything r and b JD has produced has been CONTEMPORARY r and b which is r and b mixed with hip hop/pop . so as far as versitile producers i'll give it to dre here, dre's also produced rock music. i don't know if JD has done that.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2006, 01:14:09 PM »
actually i've just relised there is ONE producer who has a more impressive resume than dre who started in the rap/hip hop world and expanded to everything else...........anyone wanna take a stab?

mauzip

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2006, 01:20:57 PM »
JD doesnt compare to dre in any way shape or form, hes not even on the same level

JD is a peice of shit on dres shoe, the guy produces songs for mariah carey and lil bow wow for christs sake

and if i hear "yall know what this is, so so def" again

i think im going to stab myself in the ear with a blunt knife

we'll see how many copies daz sells, if his album ever comes on out of so so def

if someone gave me the choice of buying a JD record for £15 and the chronic for £100, i know which one i would choose

JD is more versatyle than Dre, hands down. Dre cannot fuck with anything outside of basic Hip Hop.

ummmm sgv, u might want to rethink that statement. everything r and b dre has produced has been TRADITIONAL r&B and has been widely given excellent acclaim.  everything r and b JD has produced has been CONTEMPORARY r and b which is r and b mixed with hip hop/pop . so as far as versitile producers i'll give it to dre here, dre's also produced rock music. i don't know if JD has done that.

Give me 5 outstanding R&B records Dr. Dre produced. I can't think of any.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2006, 01:23:41 PM »
do you have murder was the case soundtrack? do you have michelle's first album?  that's like 15 recordings right there? also watch the making of the chronic, dre lays it down with jewell on the paino and with colin wolfe, all improvised old school r and b shit.

traditional r and b doesn't = the tq and sisqo shit you listen to

mauzip

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2006, 01:29:56 PM »
do you have murder was the case soundtrack? do you have michelle's first album?  that's like 15 recordings right there? also watch the making of the chronic, dre lays it down with jewell on the paino and with colin wolfe, all improvised old school r and b shit.

traditional r and b doesn't = the tq and sisqo shit you listen to

i'll give you an example of an outstanding R&B record: Babyface & Stevie Wonder - How Come How Long

i'm not asking for "good" R&B songs

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2006, 01:55:11 PM »
Hey SGV

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=30148.0

Dre has worked with most of those artists you listed JD has worked with, and worked with better R&B artists than mariah

one thing i noticed, i didnt see any lil bow wow on Dre's list, we all know how awesome he is

Suga Foot

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2006, 02:22:09 PM »
Who else has this LP? 

Yellas got one of the best mustaches ever! lol

Matty

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2006, 02:33:31 PM »
"dj premier- i don't even think he's ever produced, written , or ex produced a classic album, he's produced/written songs that have been on classic albums"

errrr yeah, right.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2006, 02:39:52 PM »
^what classic albums has primo been largly responsible for

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2006, 02:42:44 PM »
Who else has this LP? 

Yellas got one of the best mustaches ever! lol

i don't but i want the poster ,lol