Author Topic: dr. dre's resume.....seriously who's even close?  (Read 1920 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: dr. dre's resume.....seriously who's even close?
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2006, 11:19:38 PM »
rza can't say he's revolutionized  the game like dre, he's had one era from 93-95 , yes he had 4 or 5 classics (if you stretch them) but where is his "straight outta compton"? where is his  "chronic" where is his sslp?

he's got enter the wu and  3 or 4 other classics that are the same album basically but with another member featured more, he's got a good track record too, most definately but it still doesn't measure up

4. sgv, you're not going to give dre, the marshall mathers lp? u relize that when we look back on that album in 20 years it's going to be one of those epic landmarks of our time , kinda like "are you experienced" is to people who went through the sixties " the wall" is to people of the 70's  "purple rain" is to people of the 80's ? i mean c'mon dre only mixed, produced, and executive produced the album...

Rza's Straight Outta Compton "Enter The Wu." His Chronic "Liquid Swordz. His SSLP (LMAO) "Tical."

Marshall Mathers LP was not that good. Sorry!

Dre's "traditional R&B" as you call it, is nowhere near as memorable as JD's "contemporary R&B." How Traditional is that Mary J. Blige song Dre did? lol. Sorry man, but all the shit JD has done for Usher and Mariah Carey SHITS on Dre's R&B material. So, yes, JD is more versatyle with his shit.

enter the wu is no where near as influencial/important as soc
liquid swords is no where near as influencial/important as the chronic
Tical didn't do the impossible...he produced a 4 star album for a great black MC, rza coulda produced for em and i don't think he woulda had the same impact, i'm sorry i just don't think it woulda happened

wheter YOU feel that rza is a better producer or not isn't the argument here, the argument here is who's got a more impressive catelouge as far as impact/influence/inovation/quality/ect.

YOU may not like theMMLP (hell i don't even like it), but as far as musical impact, and signifcance goes, like i said it's going down as one of the biggest land mark albums of all time. after vanilla ice who woulda thought that a white MC would be able to blow up like his name was 2pac himself. and like it or not everything eminem talked about on that album spoke to a generation.  it's more important to music than probably enter the wu

and as far as dre's vs jd's  r n B shit goes...... i'm just going to hit you with an old chliche , it's not about how much you sell it's how well the music is made.  i don't see how jd selling more makes him more versitile? has when dre's done everything jd  has done plus more , and has done it just as well if not better. does JD got some unrealesed house music song? does he got some off the wall jazz fusion song? does he got some crazy industrial metal shit? if dj did any of this i'd give him credit as being more versitile but he hasn't, all jd has proved to do is be able to make hits from jockin what's popular at the time, that ain't no secret

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

SGV

« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2006, 11:29:48 PM »

That shit brought the East back! Fuck the bullshit.

To the East Coast it is. It proved the lyrical punch they packed.

Tical didn't do the impossible...he produced a 4 star album for a great black MC, rza coulda produced for em and i don't think he woulda had the same impact, i'm sorry i just don't think it woulda happened
SSLP was just another Underground Hip Hop album, but it was made by a white emcee.

wheter YOU feel that rza is a better producer or not isn't the argument here, the argument here is who's got a more impressive catelouge as far as impact/influence/inovation/quality/ect.
RZA's influence and impact is crazy. He brought back the East with his sound.

YOU may not like theMMLP (hell i don't even like it), but as far as musical impact, and signifcance goes, like i said it's going down as one of the biggest land mark albums of all time. after vanilla ice who woulda thought that a white MC would be able to blow up like his name was 2pac himself. and like it or not everything eminem talked about on that album spoke to a generation.  it's more important to music than probably enter the wu

I don't see the impact that it made at all. The reality of it is, he hurt white rappers. Eminem didn't create that style (and you know the style I'm talking about.) Every white rapper had it. It was an underground style that you see and hear at every underground show. It's been that way since before Eminem was anyone worthwhile. He put a stigma on white rappers and made them all seem the same. Important? I think not.

and as far as dre's vs jd's  r n B shit goes...... i'm just going to hit you with an old chliche , it's not about how much you sell it's how well the music is made.  i don't see how jd selling more makes him more versitile? has when dre's done everything jd  has done plus more , and has done it just as well if not better. does JD got some unrealesed house music song? does he got some off the wall jazz fusion song? does he got some crazy industrial metal shit? if dj did any of this i'd give him credit as being more versitile but he hasn't, all jd has proved to do is be able to make hits from jockin what's popular at the time, that ain't no secret

I never said SHIT about sales bro. So your whole arguement is void just there alone. JD made Bass tracks. He also made R&B and Hip Hop tracks. I don't know what else he has in his arsenal. But, the stuff that I've heard, from Usher to X-Scape to Mariah, has been much better produced than any Dre R&B track.

J Bananas

« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2006, 11:37:22 PM »
dubcc takes music discussions to court case level explanations. hardcore music fans are the shit

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2006, 12:01:51 AM »

That shit brought the East back! Fuck the bullshit.

To the East Coast it is. It proved the lyrical punch they packed.

SSLP was just another Underground Hip Hop album, but it was made by a white emcee.

RZA's influence and impact is crazy. He brought back the East with his sound.

I don't see the impact that it made at all. The reality of it is, he hurt white rappers. Eminem didn't create that style (and you know the style I'm talking about.) Every white rapper had it. It was an underground style that you see and hear at every underground show. It's been that way since before Eminem was anyone worthwhile. He put a stigma on white rappers and made them all seem the same. Important? I think not.

I never said SHIT about sales bro. So your whole arguement is void just there alone. JD made Bass tracks. He also made R&B and Hip Hop tracks. I don't know what else he has in his arsenal. But, the stuff that I've heard, from Usher to X-Scape to Mariah, has been much better produced than any Dre R&B track.

1. are you daring enough to say that enter the wu bringing back the east is more important than SOC putting a whole coast on the map and influencing rap, rock, and everything 'hardcore'  heavily from 88' on?

2. see now...to the east , the chronic was big at influencing a whole coast to change it's sound (the west, went from bomb squadish style to gfunk) and everyone in rap and r &b were coppying that g funk style from texas to cleavland to canada to london that sound was the hottest thing from 91 to 97 and many classic albums from that era benefitted from either copying that sound or borrowing elements of it, now u say on the east coast liquid swords is on the same level, but to the rest of the world, sorry bro it wasn't as influencial

3. yeah and dre's got crazy influence too, he brought back the west 3 times....i think that's more impressive considering there's far less talented MC's out here

I don't see the impact that it made at all.
well, that just says it all , you're being ignorant to the fact, go read up about the album some more then talk man, as much as we both "don't feel" the album it's impact cuts a lot deeper than the real slim shady....em "hurting" white mc's is YOUR opinion with no real proof..... didn't every other producer rush out to get them a whiteboy, puffy had one, timbo had one, jd had one, also a grip of white boys from the underground got shine?  all of them had different styles too, the only person who really had the same style as em when he blew was esham (black) and maybe cage that's why they had beef if you remember, but em's style had changed by the time mmlp came out, but seriously dude i don't know how you can say every white mc was like em...dialated peoples didn't sound nothing like eminem when they were both underground.    u not liking the MMLP does NOT give you the right to leave it out of history

5. bethoveen's 5th is more memorible than all  schuberts works but that doesn't mean it's a better piece....just because something is more memorible i don't know how that makes some one more "versitile" u still havn't proved this point yet.  the backstreet boys and N sync and Britney spears have more memorible songs in the past 10 years than almost everyone in music....wow so does that mean  Max Martin (the guy who wrote and produced these songs)  is a better/more versitile producer than Timbaland and the Neptunes?

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Suga Foot

« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2006, 12:05:00 AM »
dubcc takes music discussions to court case level explanations. hardcore music fans are the shit

lol you get a prop for that one

SGV

« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2006, 12:16:39 AM »

1. are you daring enough to say that enter the wu bringing back the east is more important than SOC putting a whole coast on the map and influencing rap, rock, and everything 'hardcore'  heavily from 88' on? Yes. If you can credit Dre with bring the West Back, then the RZA should get the Credit for bringing the East back.

2. see now...to the east , the chronic was big at influencing a whole coast to change it's sound (the west, went from bomb squadish style to gfunk) and everyone in rap and r &b were coppying that g funk style from texas to cleavland to canada to london that sound was the hottest thing from 91 to 97 and many classic albums from that era benefitted from either copying that sound or borrowing elements of it, now u say on the east coast liquid swords is on the same level, but to the rest of the world, sorry bro it wasn't as influencial The old dirty Soul samples, that's RZA's influence and it's still seen today. Where's G-Funk? Only in L.A. LOL.

3. yeah and dre's got crazy influence too, he brought back the west 3 times....i think that's more impressive considering there's far less talented MC's out here The Wu dropped in an era that was DOMINATED by the West, they clearly made their mark with one album and proved that the East WAS a force to be reckoned with once again. The East hadn't seen something like that since PE.

4. well, that just says it all , you're being ignorant to the fact, go read up about the album some more then talk man, as much as we both "don't feel" the album it's impact cuts a lot deeper than the real slim shady....em "hurting" white mc's is YOUR opinion with no real proof..... didn't every other producer rush out to get them a whiteboy, puffy had one, timbo had one, jd had one, also a grip of white boys from the underground got shine?  all of them had different styles too, the only person who really had the same style as em when he blew was esham (black) and maybe cage that's why they had beef if you remember, but em's style had changed by the time mmlp came out, but seriously dude i don't know how you can say every white mc was like em...dialated peoples didn't sound nothing like eminem when they were both underground.    u not liking the MMLP does NOT give you the right to leave it out of history How am I being ignorant? No real proof? Any white rapper that came out was automatically an Eminem clone, regardless of how different. Chino XL was the father to Em's whole style. Everyone knows that. Then it was Esham. Listen to the Cage's, Eyedea's etc. they all have that same whiney voice with heavy punchlines. Hell, any Underground rapper sounds that way. But, if someone came off like that, they were biting Em. The reality of it was they weren't. Eminem was using the same style as they used, he just happened to blow. Me not liking MMLP has shit to do with it, the fact that I didn't see it's influence anywhere does.

5. bethoveen's 5th is more memorible than all  schuberts works but that doesn't mean it's a better piece....just because something is more memorible i don't know how that makes some one more "versitile" u still havn't proved this point yet.  the backstreet boys and N sync and Britney spears have more memorible songs in the past 10 years than almost everyone in music....wow so does that mean  Max Martin (the guy who wrote and produced these songs)  is a better/more versitile producer than Timbaland and the Neptunes? JD has a range of hits and classics. From Bass to R&B to Hip Hop. That's what makes him versatile. Dre's true hits and classics do not really expand past Hip Hop. That's why JD is more versatile.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2006, 12:29:22 AM »
Dre's catalogue isnt all that, yeah he had a great (classic) start but after he left Death Row the albums he executive produced werent all that.Except for 2001 & Restless the rest are blah :P RZA definately has a better discography, probably the best out of all producers & Premier is my favorite producer ever, I don't have to say anything about him.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2006, 12:35:14 AM »
Oh & Dre barely had anything to do wit Xzibit's Man vs Machine, Xzibit said it himself in some interview.They put his name on the album for promotion.

tempo2

« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2006, 02:22:10 AM »
^^ first of all that dosent mean shit without a source...

i have to laugh when people discredit dre's material for whatever reasons.

is there anybody in the music industry who can be described as the perfect artist/producer? people didnt like tupac, people didnt like elvis or john lennon for whatever reasons, the reason being people tastes are different when it comes to music. and music has so many variations and styles people tend to dislike/like certain artists more than others.

at the same time i just think saying JD is a better producer than dre is completely ludacris. from a musical standpoint how do you get this? in what way does jermaine dupri make better music than dre does? dre creates better melodys, his strings are timed better than jermaines, bass hits harder hooks sound doper, bridges in the beat etc are all better than what jermaine dupri producers.

u say JD producers better R&B songs right? the reason for this is because he works with better R&B artists. mariah carey love her or hate her is a dope R&B artist of course the songs he makes are gunna sound good because his a good producer. most of the R&B cuts dre has made have been dope.

- truth hurts was a highly underated R&B album
- not today and family affair are banging tunes

although not R&B songs alot and i mean alot of dre produced songs are R&B based productions in there sounds and hooks. and alot of hip hop records dre has produced have been R&B themed.

and eminems SSLP was not like every other underground rap CD done by a white rapper at the time. i dont know how you could say that.

mauzip

« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2006, 02:52:32 AM »
^^ Family Affair must be the most overrated Dr. Dre produced song ever. It's an annoying woman singing over a hip hop beat that gets old after 5 spins, lol. I dare to say that Mannie Fresh is a better R&B producer than Dr. Dre... and only a handful of R&B songs that Mannie Fresh has produced has been released.

And I don't think anybody is discrediting Dr. Dre, but some dickriders here give him too much credit, lol.

What does All Eyez On Me do in that list? He did two songs and one happened to be a single that blew the fuck up. This doesn't mean he made whole album, lmao.
Why would you put Encore in that list? Dre's production on that album is a disgrace for anything else he has done in the past.
Why Curtain Call? It's a Greatest Hits album.
Why The Massacre? He did like what? 2 or 3 tracks?
Why Dogg Food? He did some ghost production, not the whole album!

"most of the R&B cuts dre has made have been dope."
Dope does not equal great, outstanding or classic.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 03:04:08 AM by Mauzip »

SGV

« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2006, 07:40:34 AM »
and eminems SSLP was not like every other underground rap CD done by a white rapper at the time. i dont know how you could say that.

I never said done by a white rapper. I said it was "another Underground album, but it was made by a white emcee." Read correctly.

WestCoasta

« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2006, 07:42:32 AM »
^^ first of all that dosent mean shit without a source...

i have to laugh when people discredit dre's material for whatever reasons.

and I have to laugh when people pump his material way way up and give him credit for shit he didn't do, WITHOUT SOURCES

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2006, 08:11:17 AM »
come on, yall just hatin on dre. give that nigga his props!

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2006, 08:24:04 AM »

Any Chance Of Uppin Some CIA Tracks.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2006, 08:33:18 AM »
To the threadstarter, I don't know what the fuck you are talkin about sayin dre supervised AEOM. Dre DIDN'T shit on that album except for produce two songs. In the making of AEOM the producers, engineers, guest artists...they all said dre didn't do shit on the album except for the two songs. You are reachin higher than pluto to include AEOM on the list. It's very insulting, incorrect, and criminal to the ppl who actually PRODUCED the album to say dre is responsible for the classic that is AEOM.

hey i'm just going off what i saw and heard 2pac say himself
I don't know when tupac said that. If he did, it prolly was in a different context or he was sayin that cuz he gassed to be workin wit dr.dre. Either way everything I said are not rumours, it's FACTS. BTW, I agree wit you Dre is the greatest producer of all time based on impact, influence, and catalogue. NO ONE has produced as many classics albums as he had...to me there is a big difference between producin a few songs for each artist and producing an entire album for the artist. This is where beatmakers and producers are defined.

Chronic, Doggystyle, Straight Outta Compton, No One Can Do It Better, Niggaz4life, Chronic 2001, The Documentary are all enough proof for me to call him goat producer. He has changed his style many times over the years too. The only producer I can see beatin dr.dre is dj quik. Dj quik doesn't have the impact/influence obviously, but his musicianship, creativity, and versatility is UNRIVALED. period.
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion