Author Topic: So G-Unit Crip Is A Problem, But Dogg Pound Gangsta Crip Is Acceptable?  (Read 2603 times)

acbaylove

Re: So G-Unit Crip Is A Problem, But Dogg Pound Gangsta Crip Is Acceptable?
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2006, 10:00:40 AM »
Got a point.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2006, 11:11:07 AM »
The first thing I thought when I saw the whole gunit crip thing was the whole DPGC thing.

The difference in my mind, and the important difference in my mind is the music and the quality of the music and that's all that matters. I don't care about whether so or so actually gangbanged or did whatever they say they did. All I care is that they make good music. Snoop, the Dogg Pound, Warren G, Nate and the Eastsidaz (DPGC affiliates) have made good music. I haven't heard anything from Spider Loc that is better than mediocre, and I'm being generous here. That's the difference. Who cares if so and so really banged or not. Make good music.

By the way, Tray Deee really did bang and was well respected, I knew a dude who was from Insanes 10 years ago and he always talked about him.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

xover

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2006, 11:26:53 AM »
Mainly because G-Unit is from the east coast and it's been shouted out for 3 years, and all of a sudden they add "crip" to it, even though none of the original members are crips.

Which I understand, but it's Spi saying it. A Crip. Not like 50 is making songs called "G-Unit Crip."
^^^^^^^^^like hes says only spi says it.if the rest started saying it then ok, they would look like fools.

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2006, 04:00:56 PM »
like someone said before "well basically everyone in the doggpound has been a crip and they have always reffered to themselves as a rap gang"

while spider loc basically got G UNIT tattoo and claims G UNIT CRIP cause 50 cent hooked him up with money, so it seems kinda pathetic, makes him look like a sell out

...and like someone else said, NOBODY in DPG has actually Cripped themselves, except MAYBE Snoop.  Read the rest of the topic next time.

like i posted earlier.......dpg members that have banged in the past......snoop, nate, warren g, kurupt, daz, rbx, tray deee, half dead..... bad azz and soopafly hustled in crip neighborhoods and had family members that banged they claimed crip but didn't rep a set they just were affliliated
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

SGV

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2006, 04:03:14 PM »

like i posted earlier.......dpg members that have banged in the past......snoop, nate, warren g, kurupt, daz, rbx, tray deee, half dead..... bad azz and soopafly hustled in crip neighborhoods and had family members that banged they claimed crip but didn't rep a set they just were affliliated

That's fine.. But what does that have to do with anything? Spider was in the streets too, as were his boys. Why is it a problem that he reps G-Unit Crip (With his other Crip homies?) If 50 Cent and Young Buck start making songs about being Crips, then people have a case. But, as long as a bunch of real Crips are repping G-Unit Crip, I don't possibly see it being a problem. Only Game Groupies find it a problem.

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2006, 05:08:44 PM »

That's fine.. But what does that have to do with anything? Spider was in the streets too, as were his boys. Why is it a problem that he reps G-Unit Crip (With his other Crip homies?) If 50 Cent and Young Buck start making songs about being Crips, then people have a case. But, as long as a bunch of real Crips are repping G-Unit Crip, I don't possibly see it being a problem. Only Game Groupies find it a problem.

i don't find it a problem homie i was just replying to someone who said only snoop banged out of anyone in dpg..........honestly i do think the dpgc makes a little more sense cause they came up togethor claiming to be a rap gang who are all crips. but i don't have a problem with spider saying that shit hes just saying hes the gunit crip
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2006, 08:55:19 PM »
Who said it was a problem??

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2006, 08:56:03 PM »
Plus it just sounds kinda corny.....we knew every member of DPG for the most part was a crip or crip affiliate, and people weren't shoutin out "Dogg Poooound!" for 3 years before they ended up addin "crip" to the end of it. But the main members of G-Unit are from NY and definitely aren't crips, and G-Unit is still seen as a New York group and all, so bein that people had shouted "G-Unit!!" for three years already, and because the dude who ended up puttin the crip part at the end of it just got with them after they'd been around for 5+ years (just with different members), and because he's not the main member or anything near it, and because he's the only member who's a crip and is really part of G-Unit, it just really makes it seem like some individual bangin type of shit you know

You Ain't Shit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DPGC-WSCG-4LIFE
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2006, 09:14:07 PM »
Plus it just sounds kinda corny.....we knew every member of DPG for the most part was a crip or crip affiliate, and people weren't shoutin out "Dogg Poooound!" for 3 years before they ended up addin "crip" to the end of it. But the main members of G-Unit are from NY and definitely aren't crips, and G-Unit is still seen as a New York group and all, so bein that people had shouted "G-Unit!!" for three years already, and because the dude who ended up puttin the crip part at the end of it just got with them after they'd been around for 5+ years (just with different members), and because he's not the main member or anything near it, and because he's the only member who's a crip and is really part of G-Unit, it just really makes it seem like some individual bangin type of shit you know

word..

SGV

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2006, 11:02:59 AM »

It's true, most of the main members are from NY. But, the main members are not repping it. People keep bringing up the fact that 50, Banks, Yayo, Buck etc. are not West Coast, but can you produce one tiny bit of evidence showing me that they were repping G-Unit Crips? Probably not. Spider is only one repping it. So, while he may not be a main member, he still is the only one, along with his boys, that is repping it. So, if a real Crip with other real Crips are repping G-Unit Crip what is the problem? Everyone knows G-Unit is from NY, but now they have ties to Crips in L.A. (before Spider, it was Bloods with Game). In my eyes, G-Unit Crip is just like G-Unit West, Roc-A-Fella West, Def Jam South... Subdivision. Does Roc-A-Fella West mean that Jay-Z is claiming he's from the West Coast, though we've known him as an East Coast emcee for 10+ years? No. It means he's building a new branch. That's all Spider's doing, he's building a new branch. But, what he's doing is no different than what Snoop and them did. Difference is, people like Snoop.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2006, 11:20:45 AM »
like someone said before "well basically everyone in the doggpound has been a crip and they have always reffered to themselves as a rap gang"

while spider loc basically got G UNIT tattoo and claims G UNIT CRIP cause 50 cent hooked him up with money, so it seems kinda pathetic, makes him look like a sell out

...and like someone else said, NOBODY in DPG has actually Cripped themselves, except MAYBE Snoop.  Read the rest of the topic next time.

yes but they have been refering to be affiliated or whatever ever since that they came out... my point being is that even if they are not real crips they have been calling themselves dpg (dpgc) or whatever ever since they got into rap game and the funny thing bout loc he started claiming G UNIT CRIP just cause he got paid to be their bodyguard

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2006, 11:21:11 AM »
The first thing I thought when I saw the whole gunit crip thing was the whole DPGC thing.

The difference in my mind, and the important difference in my mind is the music and the quality of the music and that's all that matters. I don't care about whether so or so actually gangbanged or did whatever they say they did. All I care is that they make good music. Snoop, the Dogg Pound, Warren G, Nate and the Eastsidaz (DPGC affiliates) have made good music. I haven't heard anything from Spider Loc that is better than mediocre, and I'm being generous here. That's the difference. Who cares if so and so really banged or not. Make good music.

By the way, Tray Deee really did bang and was well respected, I knew a dude who was from Insanes 10 years ago and he always talked about him.

i agree

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2006, 11:25:03 AM »

It's true, most of the main members are from NY. But, the main members are not repping it. People keep bringing up the fact that 50, Banks, Yayo, Buck etc. are not West Coast, but can you produce one tiny bit of evidence showing me that they were repping G-Unit Crips? Probably not. Spider is only one repping it. So, while he may not be a main member, he still is the only one, along with his boys, that is repping it. So, if a real Crip with other real Crips are repping G-Unit Crip what is the problem? Everyone knows G-Unit is from NY, but now they have ties to Crips in L.A. (before Spider, it was Bloods with Game). In my eyes, G-Unit Crip is just like G-Unit West, Roc-A-Fella West, Def Jam South... Subdivision. Does Roc-A-Fella West mean that Jay-Z is claiming he's from the West Coast, though we've known him as an East Coast emcee for 10+ years? No. It means he's building a new branch. That's all Spider's doing, he's building a new branch. But, what he's doing is no different than what Snoop and them did. Difference is, people like Snoop.

no i think you misunderstand it, it has nothing to do with spider loc being a crip and claiming to be crip, its just funny that all of sudden he becomes G UNIT CRIP because he got paid, it's just weird because he is not an original member and he reps G UNIT CRIP so hard... we all know he is doing it because he got paid, thats why it's not accepatable by most people... it's just kinda corny...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 11:27:11 AM by D1G1T4L »

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2006, 12:32:30 PM »

no i think you misunderstand it, it has nothing to do with spider loc being a crip and claiming to be crip, its just funny that all of sudden he becomes G UNIT CRIP because he got paid, it's just weird because he is not an original member and he reps G UNIT CRIP so hard... we all know he is doing it because he got paid, thats why it's not accepatable by most people... it's just kinda corny...

Yeah...mainly the fact that it sounds corny is the problem (even though it's not a real "problem" to me), and I was just explainin all that with them bein from NY to give background on why it does sound corny. I know that the main members aren't claimin it, but in a way that adds to how it just sounds weak. Adding crip to something that is an established record and clothing company that has been around for some years just sounds more like a joke than anything else....lol it's like "we started out with music...then we got into clothing...and guess what? Now we got crips! We'll have the G-Unit bloods out next month!" even though that's not what it is at all, that's just how it feels. It's not even because people don't like 50...if you add crip or blood to anything that was already established and known for a while without affiliation, it just sounds wack. If I heard "Def Jam Crip" or "Terror Squad Piru" or "Roc-a-fella crip" or even "Death row bloods", it just sounds weird to me you know. Black Wall Street - Blu Division just sounds slick, and it isn't makin it sound like it's tryin to be a gang or sub-set of a gang..and it even sounds disguisable to people who don't know that they gangbang or whatever. So if he did somethin like "G-Unit Blu Divison" versus "G-Unit Crip" it would just sound better. Also, it sounds like he's makin a mockery of it all..that sounds like somethin some suburban kids would be claimin at school..."we are from G-Unit crip!!"

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2006, 01:44:50 PM »

Yeah...mainly the fact that it sounds corny is the problem (even though it's not a real "problem" to me), and I was just explainin all that with them bein from NY to give background on why it does sound corny. I know that the main members aren't claimin it, but in a way that adds to how it just sounds weak. Adding crip to something that is an established record and clothing company that has been around for some years just sounds more like a joke than anything else....lol it's like "we started out with music...then we got into clothing...and guess what? Now we got crips! We'll have the G-Unit bloods out next month!" even though that's not what it is at all, that's just how it feels. It's not even because people don't like 50...if you add crip or blood to anything that was already established and known for a while without affiliation, it just sounds wack. If I heard "Def Jam Crip" or "Terror Squad Piru" or "Roc-a-fella crip" or even "Death row bloods", it just sounds weird to me you know. Black Wall Street - Blu Division just sounds slick, and it isn't makin it sound like it's tryin to be a gang or sub-set of a gang..and it even sounds disguisable to people who don't know that they gangbang or whatever. So if he did somethin like "G-Unit Blu Divison" versus "G-Unit Crip" it would just sound better. Also, it sounds like he's makin a mockery of it all..that sounds like somethin some suburban kids would be claimin at school..."we are from G-Unit crip!!"

right on point