Author Topic: LOL....who wants a "Mohhamed bomber" t -shirt???  (Read 1020 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
LOL....who wants a "Mohhamed bomber" t -shirt???
« on: February 10, 2006, 03:48:04 PM »
Never underestimate the entreprenuial spirit of Westerners.....

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/2/inktomi343238.php

Internet T-shirt Vendor Profits from Mohammed Cartoon Conflict

Download this press release as an Adobe PDF document.

Further fanning the flames of International controversy is conservative t shirt maker, MetroSpy.

(PRWEB) February 8, 2006 -- To see the latest creation from conservative t-shirt maker MetroSpy some would think the Muslim world had every right to be upset. MetroSpy's new t-shirts depict an unflattering caricature of the prophet Mohammed with a bomb on his head.

The controversial cartoon, which first ran in European newspapers, has outraged Muslims around the world because Islamic tradition forbids a graphic depiction of the Prophet Mohammed.

Many in the U.S however, are angered by the violence being displayed by extreme Islamic protesters -- torching buildings, desecrating flags and in some cases even killing people. Annoyed by the violent images broadcast from the Middle East, MetroSpy decided to sell t shirts with the controversial caricature emblazoned across the front.

“We can't let the terrorists win. We can not encourage this uncivilized behavior by caving in to their wishes,” said Nate Thomas, product manager for MetroSpy

On their website (http://www.shopmetrospy.com/), MetroSpy denounces the tactics of Islamic extremists and encourages its customers to stand up against terrorism. "Failing to print these images mean the terrorists have won", the site says.

“We wanted a simple way to exercise our freedom of speech and to stand up to the terrorists. This design was perfect,” said Thomas.

So far, the Mohammed t-shirt has become their best selling item of the year -- more than 120 orders the first day it became available.

Critics of the Mohammed t-shirts say this is a perfect example of why Americans are hated around the world. Finding humor in the desecration of another's religious symbol, even if you disagree, is just plain wrong.

Despite the critics, MetroSpy intends to keep selling the Mohammed cartoon t-shirts.

sharjiel

• 'G'
  • PAKI...What!!
Re: LOL....who wants a "Mohhamed bomber" t -shirt???
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 03:53:45 PM »
 :grumpy:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sittng next to you saying...'Damn we fucked up' -

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 03:57:44 PM »
I bet C-Walker doesnt have the balls to even wear that
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 04:04:45 PM »
I bet C-Walker doesnt have the balls to even wear that

I admit that I don't.

J Bananas

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 04:27:53 PM »
soon as i get my paycheck i'm a cop  :) i got these new black basketball shoes and dark grey sweats it would look good with.  maybe a gray longsleeve underneath. chyea

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 11:10:38 PM »
Ahaha, What i wouldnt do to have a chance to see someone rockin that

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 01:15:43 AM »
Whoever says they would seriously walk around with that on is a fucking moron

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006, 05:50:43 AM »
My dress sense is way too cool to wear that but I seriously wouldn't have any fear of possible retaliation from it.

If, however, this was on a t shirt I would have to consider:

Well she moved in ways
That kept her there in our minds for days
Weeks and months it was
I was that amazed and there she stays
Surrounded by the what-ifs and the maybes

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2006, 06:26:55 AM »
lol the black shirt is pretty boring...but that porky doggystyle thing is funny as fuck lol. how the hell did u come up with that???

Suga Foot

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2006, 01:50:13 PM »
I'm all for freedom of speech, but I'd love to see someone get beat down for wearing that shirt. 

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2006, 04:44:11 PM »
Ahaha, What i wouldnt do to have a chance to see someone rockin that

You wouldn't do shit. No one believes your tough guy routine.

J Bananas

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2006, 04:49:31 PM »
ok ppl are overreacting to this shit a little bit. its a black tee with a simple black and white image, which just so happeens to be a prophet with a bomb in his turban. u wouldnt be so butthurt if it didnt reflect on your poor diplomacy skills of today ie suicide bombing. and really it doesnt look that bad, plus its part of a bigger issue and it lets ppl know ur not stuck in the pussy ass pc mindframe. why not rock it?

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2006, 04:51:04 PM »
this is a common fallacy of the typical WCC poster...a subarban bred generally white person as far removed from struggle as possible. Now they assume that every other poster on here is like that. No sucker, the joys of the internet have spread far beyond the confines of ur lil world.

as for banananans, listen man, people can rock whatever they wanna rock, and i can lump a random cat wearing that shirt with a rock too if i catch em.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

J Bananas

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2006, 04:52:50 PM »
this is a common fallacy of the typical WCC poster...a subarban bred generally white person as far removed from struggle as possible. Now they assume that every other poster on here is like that. No sucker, the joys of the internet have spread far beyond the confines of ur lil world.

as for banananans, listen man, people can rock whatever they wanna rock, and i can lump a random cat wearing that shirt with a rock too if i catch em.

its so like your people to throw rocks at unstoppable forces taking over

jus playin

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2006, 05:06:12 PM »
i would be so happy if i caught some one wearing that

i would pay c walker to come to like southern ontario and wear that shirt, please ill give u $25

- Lewis Carroll