Author Topic: double standards: germany prosecutes anti-semite for "denying" the halocaust  (Read 1070 times)

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
this man was extradited from canada so that he can stand trial for making anti-semetic remarks and denying the halocaust.  simply denying the halocaust is a crime in germany.

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/world/story.html?id=6e30fbc2-e83e-496a-9611-20435c900dc0&k=19973

choice quotes:
MANNHEIM, Germany (AP) - Ernst Zundel, a German white supremacist extradited from Canada on accusations he repeatedly denied the Holocaust, returned to court Thursday to face charges of incitement, libel and disparaging the dead.

he faces up to five years in prison:
German authorities accuse Zundel of decades of anti-Semitic activities, including repeated denials of the Holocaust - a crime in his native Germany and some other European countries - in documents and on the Internet.
Zundel, 66, who once lived in Tennessee and was deported from Canada last year, faces a maximum five years in jail if convicted.

this is not an isolated incident:

The International Auschwitz Committee has said survivors of the death camp see the trial as an important part of the campaign against Holocaust deniers.
Two prominent deniers were recently detained in Europe - British historian David Irving, who is in Austrian custody, and Germar Rudolf, who was deported back to his native Germany from the United States.

apparently zundel is not protected by free speech:
Zundel and his supporters argue that he is a peaceful campaigner denied his right to free speech and view his trial as a chance to attack alleged Western double standards and promote their views.
<snip>
They have also seized on how European newspaper editors have invoked the right to free speech to defend the publication of provocative caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad.

why aren't the muslims shown a comparable level of respect?
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
mate, no one should be shown this "respect" but i understand what your saying its also illegal in austria switzerland france and britain is actively engaging in make it wholly illegal also. Two other points what people don't realise is he has good jewish friends in fact the co historian revionist is himself jewish, in addition i read in an interview with him that there have been 3 attempts on his life and constant threats against his family, i have seen recent pictures of him, he is a broken man
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 04:40:20 PM by virtuoso »

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'm right again.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
but maybe it didn't happen, maybe they created all this bullshit in studios and shit, juste like they did when they said they walked on the moon and we all know these are false photographies that were taken in nevada's cavern. And just like the ufos in roswell and all this bullshit

coola

but maybe it didn't happen, maybe they created all this bullshit in studios and shit, juste like they did when they said they walked on the moon and we all know these are false photographies that were taken in nevada's cavern. And just like the ufos in roswell and all this bullshit

so our grandparents stories are fake too ? all the concentration camps in Poland are fake ? get a fucking life and stop worrying about conspiracies...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
it's a serious crime to publically deny the holocaust in germany.
it's not even about political correctness.
it's a SPECIFIC crime.

germany is just doing everything it can to get rid of the ww2 image.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

mauzip

are you fucking stupid? i know older people who are still traumatized from the war.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
it's a serious crime to publically deny the holocaust in germany.
it's not even about political correctness.
it's a SPECIFIC crime.

germany is just doing everything it can to get rid of the ww2 image.
lol is using the same stadium for the world cup final for as they did for 1936 olypics in nazi germany really shaking the image and releasing official cartooons like this

there was also another picture of a german police officer published in thursdays Sun which was released by german police to welcome fans and it look exactly like hitler, if i didn't have to pay for access to their archive i'd post it up

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Of course we have it in Berlin, cause that's the capital city nigga

brits are haters, they see hitler as soon as it's a german with a moustache
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
germany always get up tight when the press mock them here but they don't understand we do it every other country aswell and they take it much better

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Whoever said concentration camps werent real? the japanese had them the germans had them the british and french certainly had them, in fact they all had them and all people all concentration camps were treated with barbarity, this wasnt what i was saying. However I know this the BBC Panorama programme aired a documentary about the holocaust because there have been deep suspicions that the numbers are completely false. Anyways......the resultant investigation found that a jewish body in New York solely got all of the compensation when they couldnt find any ancestors of a given jewish name. The suggestion being made on there was that a lot of the names never exisated in the first place and that this was just a cynical repugnant exercise by this group to cash in to the tune of billions.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
FACTS:

1. The Holocaust took place.
2. There's a correlation between Islam and terrorism.

conclusions:

1. Germany had stressed a very imprortant message.
2. Satire often exploits correlation to hint at causality.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
In my opinion, the biggest double standards lie with the Muslims. Since when do Muslims care about being religiously tolerant? Christians and other non-Muslims aren't allowed by law to practice their religion in Saudi Arabia and a few other countries. They aren't allowed to seek converts in almost all Middle Eastern countries. The Arab media routinely prints stories and cartoons mocking Jews and calling them pigs and apes. But now all of a sudden Muslims are mad over a stupid cartoon?

It is called hypocricy.

• Lil Geezy
real american, christians are the most intolerant people to date. who were responsible for the thousands of deaths in south america? how do u sleep at night thinking that the christians who came to south america and took all their gold, raped all the women, killed the locals and tortured them were tolerant?
i bet u sleep even better thinking that christians went to africa captured the innocent locals, chained them, raped them, forced around 400,000 across the ocean, called them niggers and forced them to pick cotton, and only let them vote this centuary.
its pathetic considering that i'm from turkey and women in turkey were able to vote earlier than most countries in europe. did u know that? and the ottman empire was 'housed' many different religions, especially jews, so i dont know what ure on about saying muslims are intolerant.
dont generalize please.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
FACTS:

1. The Holocaust took place.
2. There's a correlation between Islam and terrorism.

conclusions:

1. Germany had stressed a very imprortant message.
2. Satire often exploits correlation to hint at causality.

jump monkey....no no...dont sit....jump!

good boy

*rubs back of i geezys neck and feeds him biscuit*
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll