Whos better? Arcade Fire or Coldplay

Arcade Fire
1 (16.7%)
Coldplay
4 (66.7%)
don't know
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: VOTE: Who do you think is better? Arcade Fire or Coldplay  (Read 171 times)

Ass Man

• Lil Geezy
VOTE: Who do you think is better? Arcade Fire or Coldplay
« on: February 10, 2006, 04:58:23 PM »
I know this is mainly a hiphop/rap forum but i've seen threads on here that have to do with other genres also and i have a wide taste in music so i thought i'd start a good topic.

Me and my friends  and other people from school have had this argument quite a bit and im getting tired of it. Sure i think Coldplay has some good music but most of their songs make me fall asleep halfway through and their instrument skills are pretty average for what they do but yet alot of people from around here think they are just amazing for some reason. I can probably see that because of their radio airplay and mainstream success. A while back i overheard a few people comparing The Arcade Fire to them and have seen people on websites starting to compare them alot and i'm not sure why because in my opinion Arcade Fire are far more unique and a little more talented than Coldplay. "The Funeral" album is one of the best albums i've heard in a long ass time. Every song on it has catchy lyrics, instrument playing, and a great vibe to it. They put the right songs after each other on the album too which seems hard for other artists to do nowadays. Their variety of instruments they play throughout the album is amazing too. You hear piano, violin, viola, cello, xylophone, keyboard, French horn, accordion, and the harp it sounds like industrial music unplugged which i've never heard much before and it sounds great. You should definetly cop their album if you haven't yet. Even the hardcore hip hop fans on here should check it out to try to start to get a diverse taste in music. 

Bigg $amo

Re: VOTE: Who do you think is better? Arcade Fire or Coldplay
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 05:05:48 PM »
coldplay since i dont know who arcade fire is..

TuKer Says: Angeles Records is the truth!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 05:06:43 PM »
coldplay since i dont know who arcade fire is..

Don Breezio

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 05:15:54 PM »
the arcade fire is cool...i dig their music...but i find myself getting really bored with them...

coldplay to me is one of the best bands of our time. i mean songs like see you soon, clocks, sparks, trouble, a rush of blood to the head, in my place, the scientist, etc....those songs are ones that i will still be listening to 20 years from now...where as the arcade fire im already getting tired of lol

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 05:55:23 PM »
i dont really listen to rock music but one of the only bands i actually downloaded an album from was coldplay x&y to give rock music a chance and i like a lot of songs from the album.

E-L-P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 21 & Over
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 07:05:44 PM »
Arcade Fire Is Better IMO.
My Future Wife:

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 12:58:45 AM »
arcade fire are so much more funkier, coldplay have started to sound the same after however many albums they've released