Author Topic: Denmark editor of cartoons is fired because he considered posting Jewish cartoon  (Read 931 times)

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
Mohamed being portrayed as a terrorist has nothing to do with the fact there is a correlation between Islam and terrorism?

terrorism is an ugly word.

would you agree that there is a correlation between zionism and oppression and terrorism?

israel has both oppressed and terrorized the palestinian people.

Give me a fuckin break mate. Do you think Jews outside of Israel weren't outraged at the anti-Jewish cartoons along the Arab world?

you did not understand my point.  because judaism is at the heart of zionism, judaism is the root of the palestine problem; and thus it is attacked as zionism is the target.
in contrast, islam is not the root of the "terrorism" problem.  the root of the "terrorism" problem is the political/economic/military oppression of people in the muslim world and elsewhere.
it's not the same issue.

U have underlined my point: When it suits them they say "freedom of speech" when it doesn't they holler "double standard".

your point is invalid. 

there are two issues here:
b)  the second issue is the double standard in the western media.
there is a clear double standard in the west, as islam is not afforded the same level of respect as judaism or christianity.   you don't want to acknowledge the double standard in the west, so you turn this around against the muslim world, which leads to the first issue...

a) the primary issue here is that this caricature is an assault against islam; and against muslim populations in the west.   
that is the reason for the outrage.  just as you are attempting to disparage islam by claiming that there is a correlation between islam and terrorism (correlation != causality); the muslim world is outraged over these continued assaults against islam.  the reason we are arguing "hypocrisy" is to expose the "freedom of speech" argument that has been used to justify this printing as a farce.  "freedom of speech" does not mask the fact that this is an assault on islam.    an assault on a religion in this manner is not something that people should sit down and take. 

which brings us back to the second point. 
yes, clearly the cartoons in the arab world that you reference are an assault on zionism.  these cartoons would be inappropriate if they were not a response to oppression and tyranny by the zionists themselves.  there is an understood state of hostility between several arab & muslim states and israel; largely rooted in the arguably criminal existence of the state of israel, the occupation of palestinian and foreign territories, and numerous other horrific transgressions.  those anti-zionist cartoons are an expression of that hostility.  everyone acknowledges that.  to put these cartoons on the same footing as the caricature of muhammad is to suggest that there is an analagous state of hostility between the west and islam. 

are you suggesting that the west and islam exist in a state of hostility?

« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 07:07:22 PM by nibs »
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Exactly. But it is even worse. Muslims won't even allow Christians and other religious groups to freely practice their religion.

that is basically a lie.  it's just not true.  across the arab & muslim world; christian and other religious groups are free to practice their religions.  depending on the state, proselytizing is either illegal or frowned upon; but other than that they are free to practice. the specifics vary state by state.   in some countries islam is the official religion, other countries require their presidents or prime ministers to be muslim; things like that.   there have been protests in lebanon over the cartoons, and lebanon has all sorts of religious diversity and the president is christian.   without question religion plays a significantly different role in that region, but freedom to practice christianity and even judiasm is largely recognized.

Stop with the nonsense, man. You say that Christians can freely practice their religion, except for not being able to proselytize. Guess what niimrod.....seeking converts is part of the Christian religion!!!! Plus, how many governments in the Middle East follow Islamic law to the dismay of non-Muslims? Not to mention countries like Saudi Arabia that outlaw all religion except Islam. Just this past Christmas foreign workers there were arrested for celebrating Christmas! I can post the article if you would like! That is true religious oppression and intolerance, not some stupid cartoon!!!!

Nibs, you are strange. Justifying blatant oppression like outlawing religions but attacking the publication of cartoons???? When you make stupid posts like that you pretty much kill any credibility you have.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 04:42:18 PM by Real American »

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
When you make stupid posts like that you pretty much kill any credibility you have.

LOL @ the irony
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
Stop with the nonsense, man. You say that Christians can freely practice their religion, except for not being able to proselytize. Guess what niimrod.....seeking converts is part of the Christian religion!!!!

take two steps back and think about what you are asking.  islam accepts most of christianity as the truth.  for a christian to proselytize a muslim is for the christian to ask the muslim to deny both the prophet mohammad and the qu'ran.  this is effectively heresy and a sin.  under shari'a law this is a crime.  conversely, the only part of christianity that islam does not accept (to my knowledge) is the idea that jesus was god and not just a prophet.  again, proselytizing here would be heresy to a christian, as it is asking a christian to deny christ.  this is in a region that has struggled with religious conflict for centuries.  frowning upon proselytizing is not unreasonable.  depending on the country it's one way (don't proselytize muslims) or two way (no proselytizing anyone) but either way it's understandable.
we are still talking about christians having the freedom to practice and study the tenets of christianity, and assemble in varying degrees.  for you to deny this is for you to say "the muslim world should be exactly like the west, anything else is unacceptable".  and that type of hardline absolute approach is unreasonable.

Plus, how many governments in the Middle East follow Islamic law to the dismay of non-Muslims?

what do you mean by follow?  not that many in terms of state's who's government are based directly on shari'a law.  
saudi arabia (100% muslim, by law all saudi citizens are muslim), iran (99% muslim, 90% shiite), egypt (90% muslim), kuwait (85% muslim)

many of the other states recognize shari'a law to some extent, incorporate it in many areas for personal status law, marriages...etc but the governments & constitutions aren't based solely around them; and often apply them differently if at all to non-muslims.  syria, lebanon, jordan would be among the least imposing.  the populations in these regions can be so overwhelmingly muslim that your argument is almost moot.

Not to mention countries like Saudi Arabia that outlaw all religion except Islam.

saudia arabia is the most extreme.  your statements generalized the islamic world as a whole, it's unfair for you to use saudi arabia as an example.  

Just this past Christmas foreign workers there were arrested for celebrating Christmas! I can post the article if you would like! That is true religious oppression and intolerance!!!!

the bottom line should be "don't go to saudi arabia if you aren't muslim".  all saudi citizens are required to be muslim.  it's ironic that the state with the closest ties to the u.s. would be unquestionably the worst in terms of religions tolerance.  ofcourse, this issue could only affect foreign workers and foreigners in general as saudi arabia is 100% muslim.  in many ways it's arrogant to go to a country like saudi arabia and expect them to embrace your beliefs.  the foreign workers should stay at home if they don't want to accept the rule of law in saudi arabia.  seriously.  why can't a country that's 100% muslim say "no christmas"?  what right do foreign workers have to impose their beliefs on some other country?  if anything, come to saudi arabia after christmas.  and leave before easter,  lol!

Justifying blatant oppression like outlawing religions but attacking the publication of cartoons???? When you make stupid posts like that you pretty much kill any credibility you have.

your posts basically reek of intolerance.  why do you need to tell muslim countries how to live?  why do their laws need to conform to your beliefs?  everytime you open your mouth your argument is basically "xyz should be more like the u.s."
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 06:23:19 PM by nibs »

• Lil Geezy
^
because he is ignorant so stop wasting your time proving a point that wont register.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
Mohamed being portrayed as a terrorist has nothing to do with the fact there is a correlation between Islam and terrorism?

terrorism is an ugly word.

would you agree that there is a correlation between zionism and oppression and terrorism?

israel has both oppressed and terrorized the palestinian people.

Give me a fuckin break mate. Do you think Jews outside of Israel weren't outraged at the anti-Jewish cartoons along the Arab world?

you did not understand my point.  because judaism is at the heart of zionism, judaism is the root of the palestine problem; and thus it is attacked as zionism is the target.
in contrast, islam is not the root of the "terrorism" problem.  the root of the "terrorism" problem is the political/economic/military oppression of people in the muslim world and elsewhere.
it's not the same issue.

U have underlined my point: When it suits them they say "freedom of speech" when it doesn't they holler "double standard".

your point is invalid. 

there are two issues here:
b)  the second issue is the double standard in the western media.
there is a clear double standard in the west, as islam is not afforded the same level of respect as judaism or christianity.   you don't want to acknowledge the double standard in the west, so you turn this around against the muslim world, which leads to the first issue...

a) the primary issue here is that this caricature is an assault against islam; and against muslim populations in the west.   
that is the reason for the outrage.  just as you are attempting to disparage islam by claiming that there is a correlation between islam and terrorism (correlation != causality); the muslim world is outraged over these continued assaults against islam.  the reason we are arguing "hypocrisy" is to expose the "freedom of speech" argument that has been used to justify this printing as a farce.  "freedom of speech" does not mask the fact that this is an assault on islam.    an assault on a religion in this manner is not something that people should sit down and take. 

which brings us back to the second point. 
yes, clearly the cartoons in the arab world that you reference are an assault on zionism.  these cartoons would be inappropriate if they were not a response to oppression and tyranny by the zionists themselves.  there is an understood state of hostility between several arab & muslim states and israel; largely rooted in the arguably criminal existence of the state of israel, the occupation of palestinian and foreign territories, and numerous other horrific transgressions.  those anti-zionist cartoons are an expression of that hostility.  everyone acknowledges that.  to put these cartoons on the same footing as the caricature of muhammad is to suggest that there is an analagous state of hostility between the west and islam. 

are you suggesting that the west and islam exist in a state of hostility?

Judaism is at the heart of Zionism?- I would say this is inaccurate at best. The first thing u should know is that Zionism as a movement which lead to the creation of the state of Israel, was primarily a secular movement. Ben-Gurion even censored the word GOD out of the Israeli declaration of independence. Do not shuffle the concepts of Jewry and Judaism. Jewry is at the heart of Zionism...yes(as in belonging to the Jewish people). But most of the people who were active in the creation of this state were 100% secular. Zionism is based on a historical claim not on a religious one.
Offending Judaism, like portraying people who resemble Rabbis as greedy pigs etc, has nothing to do with Zionism. Unlike the Arab claim to the land which is religious primarily- "Dar Al Islam"-(House of submission- a term for land under Muslim adminstration, it is believed by many Muslims that the creation of a non Muslim entity within it, is bound to fail) the Jewish claim to the land isn't religious- It's practical, and anti-semitism has alot to do with it as well.

Now as for correlation between Zionism and oppression. I am talking about statistical correlation. Take Zionism, how much oppression had it caused (Im not even asking you to look into the circumstances)? Now examine the oppression in the Arab World?.....Is there a stronger correlation between Zionism and Oppression or between Muslim countries and oppression?
Simple mathematics...There is correlation between many things...I was talking about significant statistical correlation between Islam and Terrorism ...Totalitarian regimes that hide behind the masks of Islam exploit religion for political causes. Same as Islamic terrorist groups do ("In the name of Allah")....

Now it's funny u view anti-Jewish cartoons as understandable due to the existence of Israel (without minding the FACT they were addressing Judaism many times, and not Zionism) and you refuse to understand the satirical use of strong correlation to hint at causality- between Islam and Terrorism. As for the west and Islam being in a likely state of hostility....hmmm let me think...9-11?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 03:12:32 AM by I TO DA GEEZY »
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Totalitarian regimes that hide behind the masks of Islam exploit religion for political causes. Same as Islamic terrorist groups do ("In the name of Allah")....
you talk about these totalitariean regimes but israel is in favour of these.... http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=102331.0

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Its such a pathetic argument saying well your nopt pointing out arab hypocrisy. YES there is arab hypocrisy but the so called civilised world can not stand up to the muslims in the name of free speech but then say well we dont allow for free speech if anti jew because thats  evil and thats depraved, its already been illustrated how europe has criminalised the act of thought, this is true brainwashing. In turn thist creates the notion that attacking muslims - good attacking jews = bad. I have already given so many instances of how europe has created an illusion of free speech and only pulls the freedom of speech card when it suits their agenda, in this case the unabaited will of those criminals to start a terrible war with iran.

But hey whats a few million more dead muslims right, you talk about holocausts and yet Madelaine Albright never even challenged 60 minutes assertion that the so called oil for food program of the U.N had taken the lives of over 500,000 children alone in Iraq. If these criminals have their way i am sure they will even push for the suppression of admitted facts like this on the basis of being anti european and hateful.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
Judaism is at the heart of Zionism?- I would say this is inaccurate at best. The first thing u should know is that Zionism as a movement which lead to the creation of the state of Israel, was primarily a secular movement. Ben-Gurion even censored the word GOD out of the Israeli declaration of independence.

at best inaccurate?  you are arguing that that zionism was about the creation for the homeland for the jewish people, which only "coincidentall"y represents a people that all share the same faith.  all i'm saying is that the faith is inextricably interwined.

Do not shuffle the concepts of Jewry and Judaism. Jewry is at the heart of Zionism...yes(as in belonging to the Jewish people). But most of the people who were active in the creation of this state were 100% secular. Zionism is based on a historical claim not on a religious one.

according to the u.s. state department's human rights report on israel:
The Basic Law and Declaration of Independence recognize the country as a "Jewish and democratic state," establishing Judaism as the country's dominant religion. Civil rights NGOs have accurately charged the Government with the discriminatory allocation of state resources favoring Orthodox Jewish institutions.

i acknowledge that zionism is focused around the notion of a jewish people/ethnic group/race.  i maintain that religion is intrinsically a large part of that.  

Unlike the Arab claim to the land which is religious primarily- "Dar Al Islam"-(House of submission- a term for land under Muslim adminstration, it is believed by many Muslims that the creation of a non Muslim entity within it, is bound to fail) the Jewish claim to the land isn't religious- It's practical, and anti-semitism has alot to do with it as well.

do you want to argue the various claims to the land, or the cartoons?  immigrants were brought in and a state was created on land that other people already occupied.  the self-determination of the palestinian people was ignored until the palestinians were driven out of their land.  what's more practical than self-determination, which was ignored by the british and the u.n.?

Take Zionism, how much oppression had it caused (Im not even asking you to look into the circumstances)?

alot.  millions of refugees and displaced persons.  military attacks against civillian residencies.

Now examine the oppression in the Arab World?

can we agree that oppression anywhere is bad?

(without minding the FACT they were addressing Judaism many times, and not Zionism)

i maintain that judaism and zionism are intertwined.  refering to a jewish race or ethnic group has oft been discredited, and before the creation of israel there was no state to declare jews as a people to.  jews from various backgrounds returned to israel after the state was created.  jerusalem was regarded as more of a spiritual homeland by many jews of varying backgrounds.

Now it's funny u view anti-Jewish cartoons as understandable due to the existence of Israel

understandable because of the hostility between the arab world and the jewish "people" because of the existence of israel.  understandable in the context of hostility.

and you refuse to understand the satirical use of strong correlation to hint at causality- between Islam and Terrorism.

terrorism is an ugly word with negative connotations.  evil connotations.  i am rejecting the choice of wording without the context of hostility.

As for the west and Islam being in a likely state of hostility....hmmm let me think...9-11?

the american president and american government do not make that connection between 9/11 and islam.  islamic extremists, maybe.  but that is not islam as a whole, which is what these cartoons are assaulting
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 05:12:07 AM by nibs »

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Nibs you would probably have more success in teaching Bush to hold his book the right way round, than to try and get through to him. I think to a certain extent though we have to be careful not to refer to Israel too much though, what you have to remember is that every time we refer to foregin affairs we take the attention away from what is happening in our own backyard. Now I am not saying that some jewish groups dont have america in their back pockets but the example i would give, is here in england we in the general sense of the word think of ourselves as more intelligent than americans, wiser etc, yet at the same time most people will tell you that politics doesnt interest them, they really have no opinion on talking on the evil actions of the government and to link killing with the government, creates an almost deathly silence.

I have a friend in the army and I was talking to him about the murderous use of DU, whilst we were on the train and I could visibly hear 4 or 5 people whom I wasnt even addressing or talking to become visibly angered even though I said absolutely nothing which isnt widely admitted and documented anyway. Now once again this underlines the way the english have just been sedated and mind controlled to reject "anti speech" but to embrace hatred of "terrorism". So whilst the media may sometimes be prepared to expose and illustrate the disgusting oppression of the palestinians its a divsiionary tactic which prevents people from realising what is happening right here.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 05:25:02 AM by virtuoso »

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Judaism is at the heart of Zionism?- I would say this is inaccurate at best. The first thing u should know is that Zionism as a movement which lead to the creation of the state of Israel, was primarily a secular movement. Ben-Gurion even censored the word GOD out of the Israeli declaration of independence.

at best inaccurate?  you are arguing that that zionism was about the creation for the homeland for the jewish people, which only "coincidentall"y represents a people that all share the same faith.  all i'm saying is that the faith is inextricably interwined.

Do not shuffle the concepts of Jewry and Judaism. Jewry is at the heart of Zionism...yes(as in belonging to the Jewish people). But most of the people who were active in the creation of this state were 100% secular. Zionism is based on a historical claim not on a religious one.

according to the u.s. state department's human rights report on israel:
The Basic Law and Declaration of Independence recognize the country as a "Jewish and democratic state," establishing Judaism as the country's dominant religion. Civil rights NGOs have accurately charged the Government with the discriminatory allocation of state resources favoring Orthodox Jewish institutions.

i acknowledge that zionism is focused around the notion of a jewish people/ethnic group/race.  i maintain that religion is intrinsically a large part of that.  

Unlike the Arab claim to the land which is religious primarily- "Dar Al Islam"-(House of submission- a term for land under Muslim adminstration, it is believed by many Muslims that the creation of a non Muslim entity within it, is bound to fail) the Jewish claim to the land isn't religious- It's practical, and anti-semitism has alot to do with it as well.

do you want to argue the various claims to the land, or the cartoons?  immigrants were brought in and a state was created on land that other people already occupied.  the self-determination of the palestinian people was ignored until the palestinians were driven out of their land.  what's more practical than self-determination, which was ignored by the british and the u.n.?

Take Zionism, how much oppression had it caused (Im not even asking you to look into the circumstances)?

alot.  millions of refugees and displaced persons.  military attacks against civillian residencies.

Now examine the oppression in the Arab World?

can we agree that oppression anywhere is bad?

(without minding the FACT they were addressing Judaism many times, and not Zionism)

i maintain that judaism and zionism are intertwined.  refering to a jewish race or ethnic group has oft been discredited, and before the creation of israel there was no state to declare jews as a people to.  jews from various backgrounds returned to israel after the state was created.  jerusalem was regarded as more of a spiritual homeland by many jews of varying backgrounds.

Now it's funny u view anti-Jewish cartoons as understandable due to the existence of Israel

understandable because of the hostility between the arab world and the jewish "people" because of the existence of israel.  understandable in the context of hostility.

and you refuse to understand the satirical use of strong correlation to hint at causality- between Islam and Terrorism.

terrorism is an ugly word with negative connotations.  evil connotations.  i am rejecting the choice of wording without the context of hostility.

As for the west and Islam being in a likely state of hostility....hmmm let me think...9-11?

the american president and american government do not make that connection between 9/11 and islam.  islamic extremists, maybe.  but that is not islam as a whole, which is what these cartoons are assaulting

1.Creating a homeland for the Jewish People was about creating a refuge for the Jewish People from Anti-Semitism, FIRST AND FOREMOST= Zionism.
Zionism, and specifically the "Zionism" that lead to the creation of the Jewish State, was primarily a secular movement. The people living in Israel nowadays, Jewish People, do not all share the same faith. Before talking about the Faith Jewish people share u should know the FACTS. I live in Israel, I've been raised in a third Generation secular family. The people who were mostly responsible for the creation of Israel were predominantly secular. Ben Gurion, Herzel and more Zionists underlined the secular nature of the future Jewish State before it was declared.

2.Orthodox Jewish institutions- There is a significant Orthodox lobby in Israel. Their parties in the Israeli Parliament are relatively influential due to their voters. One thing though, their grasp on foreign politics is minimal since their voters are insufficient in constituting a majority despite their relative significance. Their platforms usually revolve around social and economic matters and their supporters are religious orthodox Jews.
Arab Parties in Israel- the Israeli Parliament includes representation of Israel's Arab citizens...about 1.5 million citizens approximately(out of a total of about 6,000,000 citizens). These Citizens, much like Jewish Orthodox citizens, are exempt from the army service. In addition, they also recieve welfare like Israel's Jewish citizens. Now you can say Israel discriminates in the favour of certain populations here and there. But such affirmative actions come to ease the life of those whose political culture is Patriarchal, and who have hard time adjusting to the modern and secular way of life which is dominant in Israel. So religion is a consideration, just like it is in the most modern and democratic of coutnries ( like the USA). Culture is a consideration.
These r considerations, not policy dictators. Israel is lead as always by primarily secular people, and in case they're not secular, they r bound by law to leave their own faith out of the equation. Example- Avraham Burg, a religious Jew, is a radical left winger. In Israel religion and leadership are not synonymous like they are in the Arab world.

3.You were the one to mention Israel's "arguable" right to exist. And about how it intertwines with Judaism. I only stated the Zionist claim, unlike the Arab claim to this land,  has got little to do with religion but rather with historical circumstances. Cartoons mockin a religion that has little to do with the creation of a state Arabs view as their enemy compared to cartoons mocking the faith of some of the most dangerous terrorists the world has ever witnessed and who were responsible for terrorist acts like 9-11. Both are triggered by ostensible hostility and fear. Double standard is when you're making it appear as though it's understandable to mock one religion, and forbidden to mock another.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 07:43:43 AM by I TO DA GEEZY »

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
1.Creating a homeland for the Jewish People was about creating a refuge for the Jewish People from Anti-Semitism, FIRST AND FOREMOST= Zionism.

only ~50% of the jews in israel are ashkenazi.   the other half are sephardi or mizrahi.  seeing as we are talking about people of varying ethnic background, the only commonality is the religion.  seeing as the sephardi jews were also persecuted during the holocaust (in greece atleast) again the commonality is religion.   the law of return applies to judaism as well as ashkenazi geneology as it defines jews both ways, i believe.  you can't deny that religion plays a part in this.

Cartoons mockin a religion that has little to do with the creation of a state

we do not agree that religion has little to do with creation of the state.
 let's take one step back.  if we can agree that israel is based around both the judaic religion as well as jewish ethnic groups; we can logically agree that these cartoons in the arab world mock jews by exxagerating ethnic traits as well as the religion as a whole.  it's not as if the arab world only mocks the religion, everything "jewish" is assaulted in those cartoons.

compared to cartoons mocking the faith of some of the most dangerous terrorists the world has ever witnessed

what is this?  n.w.a.?  all terrorists are dangerous. 

Both are triggered by ostensible hostility and fear.  Double standard is when you're making it appear as though it's understandable to mock one religion, and forbidden to mock another.

we almost agree.  i have always maintained that there was a state of open hostility towards israeli jews because of the palestinian issue.  here i believe we agree.

we disagree that there is a state of open hostility between the west and islam.  you may say that there is, but western leaders and media largely deny this, hence the hypocrisy.  the action of assaulting islam betrays a hostility which the west continues to deny.

we also seem to disagree on the definition of "understandable".  why are we disagreeing over "understandable"?  if you acknowledge the hostility between the arab world and the jews in israel, why can you not understand that this hostility is born out in the media?

what is not understandable is the west's insistance that it respects islam, yet provokes and disparages islam at the same time. 

noone is saying "it's ok the disrespect judaism but not islam".   disrespect is disrespect.  the disrespect in the arab world occurs in an environment of acknowledged hostility.  the disrespect in the west is cloaked under the hypocrisy of "free speech" and the true hostility is denied.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
I think to a certain extent though we have to be careful not to refer to Israel too much though, what you have to remember is that every time we refer to foregin affairs we take the attention away from what is happening in our own backyard.

in many ways everything is intertwined with whats going on in our backyards.   either directly related or a distraction from.

what should we be talking about?

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!

only ~50% of the jews in israel are ashkenazi.   the other half are sephardi or mizrahi.

And? Sephardi Jews weren't the ones to found this state. The common denominator is not their faith but their Jewish-Israelite origin. Btw many Sephardi Jews were also persecuted in the Arab world after the declaration of Israel. If u remember the hundreds of thousands of Jewish refugees from Arab lands (they were expelled and expropriated of their property due to them being Jewish). Again, Israel is primarily a secular modern society...yes, there are Parochial sectors but they are not the mainstream and they are not only Jewish but also Arab. Religion does not dictate the governmental foreign policy of Israel. Hence those cartoons mocking Judaism were just as bad in my view. I disagree that such parallel can't be drawn. I think both cartoons are equally bad and I think it's funny those Muslims didn't oppose as much when it concerned another faith. Some, as u know, even supported anti-Jewish cartoons.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 11:15:43 AM by I TO DA GEEZY »

coola

i agree with the danish govt... why should they print out the cartoons when their embassy was burnt down ? this will be used to piss off the muslims.