Author Topic: London Telegraph: US finalizing plans for bombing raid of Iran's nuclear sites  (Read 387 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Once again the US will save the world from evil.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/02/12/wiran12.xml&sSheet=/news/2006/02/12/ixnewstop.html

Strategists at the Pentagon are drawing up plans for devastating bombing raids backed by submarine-launched ballistic missile attacks against Iran's nuclear sites as a "last resort" to block Teheran's efforts to develop an atomic bomb.

Central Command and Strategic Command planners are identifying targets, assessing weapon-loads and working on logistics for an operation, the Sunday Telegraph has learnt.

They are reporting to the office of Donald Rumsfeld, the defence secretary, as America updates plans for action if the diplomatic offensive fails to thwart the Islamic republic's nuclear bomb ambitions. Teheran claims that it is developing only a civilian energy programme.

"This is more than just the standard military contingency assessment," said a senior Pentagon adviser. "This has taken on much greater urgency in recent months."

The prospect of military action could put Washington at odds with Britain which fears that an attack would spark violence across the Middle East, reprisals in the West and may not cripple Teheran's nuclear programme. But the steady flow of disclosures about Iran's secret nuclear operations and the virulent anti-Israeli threats of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has prompted the fresh assessment of military options by Washington. The most likely strategy would involve aerial bombardment by long-distance B2 bombers, each armed with up to 40,000lb of precision weapons, including the latest bunker-busting devices. They would fly from bases in Missouri with mid-air refuelling.

The Bush administration has recently announced plans to add conventional ballistic missiles to the armoury of its nuclear Trident submarines within the next two years. If ready in time, they would also form part of the plan of attack.

Teheran has dispersed its nuclear plants, burying some deep underground, and has recently increased its air defences, but Pentagon planners believe that the raids could seriously set back Iran's nuclear programme.

Iran was last weekend reported to the United Nations Security Council by the International Atomic Energy Agency for its banned nuclear activities. Teheran reacted by announcing that it would resume full-scale uranium enrichment - producing material that could arm nuclear devices.

The White House says that it wants a diplomatic solution to the stand-off, but President George W Bush has refused to rule out military action and reaffirmed last weekend that Iran's nuclear ambitions "will not be tolerated".

Sen John McCain, the Republican front-runner to succeed Mr Bush in 2008, has advocated military strikes as a last resort. He said recently: "There is only only one thing worse than the United States exercising a military option and that is a nuclear-armed Iran."

Senator Joe Lieberman, a Democrat, has made the same case and Mr Bush is expected to be faced by the decision within two years.

By then, Iran will be close to acquiring the knowledge to make an atomic bomb, although the construction will take longer. The President will not want to be seen as leaving the White House having allowed Iran's ayatollahs to go atomic.

In Teheran yesterday, crowds celebrating the anniversary of the 1979 Islamic revolution chanted "Nuclear technology is our inalienable right" and cheered Mr Ahmadinejad when he said that Iran may reconsider membership of the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

He was defiant over possible economic sanctions.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Once again the U.S and its cohorts are reading themselves to murder hundreds of thousands of more arabs, and in turn contaminate an entire country with depleted uranium, now thats evil!, once again the u.s and its european complicitors are trying to erode our human rights but i guess thats good to you also.

You should put your name forward for combat the u.s army is actively seeking retards now, easier to control and better at carrying out orders when your brainless.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Once again the U.S and its cohorts are reading themselves to murder hundreds of thousands of more arabs, and in turn contaminate an entire country with depleted uranium, now thats evil!, once again the u.s and its european complicitors are trying to erode our human rights but i guess thats good to you also.

You should put your name forward for combat the u.s army is actively seeking retards now, easier to control and better at carrying out orders when your brainless.

We aren't invading Iran, man. We are just going to take out their nuclear sites with military strikes. It won't kill that many people.

It has to be done. Even the Europeans are adament that Iran doesn't go nuclear.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Do you really believe that? come on how naive can you be they are going to use this as a means of disabling their defences and a war per sa will ensue some time in the future. They will not stick to "reactors" and even if they do i imagine the nuclear fall out will be immense, thus poisoning thousands upon thousands of muslims instead. Iran isnt crazy enough to fire a nuke at anyone, that really would be them wiped off the face of the earth if they did do.  Even then though this is a hypothetical point as the CIA says they are 10 years away from being able to have a nuke.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 09:50:36 AM by virtuoso »

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG

We aren't invading Iran, man. We are just going to take out their nuclear sites with military strikes. It won't kill that many people.

It has to be done. Even the Europeans are adament that Iran doesn't go nuclear.
they aren't many when they are not your mothers,fathers,brothers and sisters.you know that every one of those not so many,had a family,had a life,had dreams to accompliash
United Arab States

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever

Do you really believe that? come on how naive can you be they are going to use this as a means of disabling their defences and a war per sa will ensue some time in the future.

iran would have to start the war.  they will try to do it like iraq.  bomb them.  u.n. sanctions.  try to get the govt to collapse.  if not, then war, but that's after the country deteriorates for a decade or so under sanctions.  iran would have to provoke the escalation to war.

They will not stick to "reactors" and even if they do i imagine the nuclear fall out will be immense, thus poisoning thousands upon thousands of muslims instead.

there probably wouldn't be fall out from bombing a reactor.  it's not like a nuclear explosion.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
That was me speculating on that point, what makes you think they won't lead the soldiers into a bloody war though. Remember under a balnket of media silence they had been bombing Iraq for years and years. Whilst what your saying is true, the u.s will simply look to manufacture a situation which they will describe as "provocation"
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 10:36:20 AM by virtuoso »

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
if they did that iran will make sure iraq and afganstan kaos will be 10 times worse than it already is.....

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
saving the world from evil by doing evil to the world is not exactly working
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

• Lil Geezy
saving the world from evil by doing evil to the world is not exactly working
i dont think uncle sam will be able to handle 3 major conflicts at once. as we know the situations in iraq and afganistan are excellent ::)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^uncle sam is not interested in solving things (in the idealistic sense of the word). fear and destraction, power and money. that's what he's after.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
last resort my ass.

i figure the states will eventually invade Alberta, manifest destiny 2.0il

i heard Osama an Saddam have ties to Harper
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age