Author Topic: Why is it.....  (Read 1807 times)

herpes

Why is it.....
« on: February 12, 2006, 01:08:14 PM »
that rap fans that make the biggest deal about street cred and not snitching and all this talk about the streets and what rapper is fake and real are either well off or euro cats?  Not all of them, but for the most part

Eihtball

Re: Why is it.....
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 01:12:47 PM »
that rap fans that make the biggest deal about street cred and not snitching and all this talk about the streets and what rapper is fake and real are either well off or euro cats?  Not all of them, but for the most part

Because that's pretty much the entire thing that attracts white kids to hip-hop in the first place...most of them don't nuthin about concepts like "talent", "flow", "breath control", etc.  They only care about how authentic the muh'fucka sounds, if he can name his set and if he's done prison time.  That's also why you hear these crackers saying shit like, "I hate this song...it sounds too R&B"...because they only want to hear black men talking about killing each other; it's not proper for them to hear a brother talk about other emotions, such as love.  That's why hip-hop is a minstrel show now.  Fucking white kids.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 01:13:18 PM »
No one likes liars, that's all.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 01:26:57 PM »

Because that's pretty much the entire thing that attracts white kids to hip-hop in the first place...most of them don't nuthin about concepts like "talent", "flow", "breath control", etc.  They only care about how authentic the muh'fucka sounds, if he can name his set and if he's done prison time.  That's also why you hear these crackers saying shit like, "I hate this song...it sounds too R&B"...because they only want to hear black men talking about killing each other; it's not proper for them to hear a brother talk about other emotions, such as love.  That's why hip-hop is a minstrel show now.  Fucking white kids.

the fuck you tryna say, dont go and generalize, your probably white too, that was one of the most racist opinions ive ever heard....white kids were im at dont give 2 shits about how gangsta a rapper is, maybe in the UK, but not in the states...we aint from the streets, so no one cares....i live in jersey, mad people listen to Yukmouth who is fake as can be, no one cares that he gets punked & beat...C-Bo on the other hand is gangsta as hell, but noone listens to him cuz he got no flow....matter of fact, when ever you get into an argument with a black person as to why you don't like Dipset or G-Unit, there only defense is "oh them ni**as gangsta thou"...I swear that blacks in NJ swear by the Dips! lol it aint the white people . lol at white people not understanding talent, flow & breath control. that was an extremely immature statement and i dont lose my cool over the internet, but you should check yourself, and your ignorance
your statement was extremly immature...btw Little Brother's "Take it Slow" was one of the best records of 05...but damn it just didnt feel right to hear a "brother" talk about love, there must be something wrong with white people

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 01:32:34 PM »
No one likes liars, that's all.
^^

You'll hear cats cryin about backpack shit, saying white kids are the reason these "nerds" can sell in the first place, and you'll hear the same people whining about white kids being responsible for all the noise about "street rapper"'s background, cause they are really the ones that care about that shit. Then again tears is droppin when they think about the bitch ass white kids who are responsible for all the pop/rnb shit you see on mtv.  

can I get you a tissue ?

Eihtball

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 03:07:18 PM »
the fuck you tryna say, dont go and generalize, your probably white too, that was one of the most racist opinions ive ever heard....white kids were im at dont give 2 shits about how gangsta a rapper is, maybe in the UK, but not in the states...we aint from the streets, so no one cares....i live in jersey, mad people listen to Yukmouth who is fake as can be, no one cares that he gets punked & beat...C-Bo on the other hand is gangsta as hell, but noone listens to him cuz he got no flow....matter of fact, when ever you get into an argument with a black person as to why you don't like Dipset or G-Unit, there only defense is "oh them ni**as gangsta thou"...I swear that blacks in NJ swear by the Dips! lol it aint the white people . lol at white people not understanding talent, flow & breath control. that was an extremely immature statement and i dont lose my cool over the internet, but you should check yourself, and your ignorance
your statement was extremly immature...btw Little Brother's "Take it Slow" was one of the best records of 05...but damn it just didnt feel right to hear a "brother" talk about love, there must be something wrong with white people

It's pretty much true.  That is pretty much all white kids think about...they listen to hip-hop because they want to feel tough, not because they can relate to it.  There may be some exceptions, but by and large, white kids know nothing about the culture.  That's why rappers like 50 get over on the basis of their "street cred"...that's all shit white kids embrace.

And no, I'm not white.

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 03:18:25 PM »
Man, lots of black people support 50. I can understand the white people being the main support group of backpack rap, but when it comes to the bullshit that gets played on MTV, every group of people for a hand in it.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

herpes

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 03:22:51 PM »

It's pretty much true.  That is pretty much all white kids think about...they listen to hip-hop because they want to feel tough, not because they can relate to it.  There may be some exceptions, but by and large, white kids know nothing about the culture.  That's why rappers like 50 get over on the basis of their "street cred"...that's all shit white kids embrace.

And no, I'm not white.
50 got over b/c he used to make good music, an did his hustleto get big.  B4 he signed to shady/aftermath he had a huge following in the streets already.

Eihtball

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 03:27:49 PM »
[50 got over b/c he used to make good music, an did his hustleto get big.  B4 he signed to shady/aftermath he had a huge following in the streets already.

Yeah, but it was the white kids who helped him cross over completely from there, largely on the basis of his image.

Man, lots of black people support 50. I can understand the white people being the main support group of backpack rap, but when it comes to the bullshit that gets played on MTV, every group of people for a hand in it.

But mostly whites.  They account for 80% of hip-hop buyers, after all.  It is largely THEIR interests that white-owned record labels attempt to service.

herpes

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2006, 03:30:35 PM »
[50 got over b/c he used to make good music, an did his hustleto get big.  B4 he signed to shady/aftermath he had a huge following in the streets already.

Yeah, but it was the white kids who helped him cross over completely from there, largely on the basis of his image.

But mostly whites.  They account for 80% of hip-hop buyers, after all.  It is largely THEIR interests that white-owned record labels attempt to service.
at the same time, it was probably white kids that helped your favorite rappers get big b/c in the hood no one is buying real albums its all about bootlegs

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2006, 03:33:41 PM »

Blame the labels then. Then again, can you? They're in the business of gettin' that paper.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Eihtball

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2006, 04:04:11 PM »
at the same time, it was probably white kids that helped your favorite rappers get big b/c in the hood no one is buying real albums its all about bootlegs

Very true.  I'm not sure that's a good thing.  Given what's happened to hip-hop in the mainstream, maybe it would have been better staying below the white kids' radar.  White kids may have helped hip-hop commercially, but they've ruined it artistically.

Blame the labels then. Then again, can you? They're in the business of gettin' that paper.

I do blame the labels, but like you said, they're trying to get paper, so I think it does come down to the white kids.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2006, 04:09:10 PM »

what the fuck does that have to do with anything?
NO MORE WAR

herpes

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2006, 04:37:09 PM »

what the fuck does that have to do with anything?
oooo someone got there knickers in a twist.

herpes

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2006, 04:45:24 PM »

Very true.  I'm not sure that's a good thing.  Given what's happened to hip-hop in the mainstream, maybe it would have been better staying below the white kids' radar.  White kids may have helped hip-hop commercially, but they've ruined it artistically.

I do blame the labels, but like you said, they're trying to get paper, so I think it does come down to the white kids.
i think its more so the differences in sexes rather then races that ruined hip hop artistically.  See woman like simple shit with no substance just as long as it gets there ass shaking.  There the one's that buy the albums the posters all that other shit.  now us guys we dont buy any that, we just go buy the bootleg or download it or mixtapes.  So we have no say in what becomes popular an we dont do nothing about it b/c where going following what the females like b/c where always chasing the ass.